PDA

View Full Version : unsure situation...

squallA964
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
I've got a pretty good idea what to do in most situations in Omaha, and when I make a decision, whether I win or lose the hand, I'm confident that I made the right one. This is really the only situation that trips me up. Big cards with ragged flop, but with the nut flush draw, and maybe a backdoor str8 chance. This one happened earlier today.

Pokerroom $1/$1 PL Omaha

Hero is MP with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Seat 1: BaldurGate ($132 in chips)
Seat 2: squallA964 [JS,AH,KS,6H] ($129.80 in chips)
Seat 3: Nylonlove ($30.60 in chips)
Seat 4: CzechGrazer ($200 in chips)
Seat 5: Spederik ($99 in chips)
Seat 6: Mrs.Doyle ($123 in chips)
Seat 7: Harre ($198 in chips)
Seat 8: B-EDGY ($97.80 in chips)
Seat 9: qlavendel ($95 in chips)
Seat 10: Mmies ($109.25 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
Spederik posts blind ($1), Mrs.Doyle posts blind ($1).

PRE-FLOP
Harre folds, B-EDGY bets $4, qlavendel folds, Mmies folds, BaldurGate folds, squallA964 calls $4, Nylonlove folds, CzechGrazer calls $4, Spederik calls $3, Mrs.Doyle calls $3.

FLOP 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Spederik checks, Mrs.Doyle bets $20, B-EDGY folds, squallA964 folds, CzechGrazer folds, Spederik folds.

Now here's the question....is this hand good enough to call the pot bet with? The bettor has been fairly tight, so there's really good chance the turn is getting potted as well if I don't hit the flush, which is why I folded. As it happened, everyone else folded as well so I wasn't getting odds to draw to the flush. But what if I thought somebody else would call along with me?

Of course, if I had the flush and str8 draw, I'd play alot differently. But is this particular flush draw, (with backdoor str8 chances I guess) worth seeing another card for the price, either heads up or with the chance of others coming along to build the pot? Or did I make the right play by thinking "good bet" and waiting for another hand?

joewatch
09-30-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think you have odds to call in this situation. Overall, I think flush draws have poor implied odds when taken HU. There is no turn card that would allow you to continue to see the river correctly except a heart.

On the other hand, if you had something like top pair with nut flush draw, a semibluff raise would be a good play. You may have an additional 9 outs if Villain has only 2 pair, and he may fold middle/bottom set.

squallA964
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.