PDA

View Full Version : How long should I wait to have sex?

09-30-2005, 02:56 PM
I know, what a ridiculous [censored] title to a post.

So lately I'm hooking up with every girl I meet on the first night. This is not a horrible thing, however it is seriously limiting any relationship later. They are definitely just one night stands. That said they are still attractive to me in the first place and seem to have pretty cool personalities. On to the point...

New girl who I actually have been good friends with for a while. She clearly has stepped it up and wants to get romantically involved. Last weekend at a party I literally had to stop turning up the heat because I knew we were headed for my place and I didn't want to rush it with this girl. Well in comes the weekend and I imagine that similar situations will arise.

How much relationship should develop before I have sex with her if I'm actually interested in cultivating a relationship to have good old intimate sex after a while?

diebitter
09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Let's kill him.

2planka
09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah you should wait. Maybe she'll think you're gay, too.

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So lately I'm hooking up with every girl I meet on the first night. This is not a horrible thing, however it is seriously limiting any relationship later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up, pussy. Just hit it.

xadrez
09-30-2005, 03:00 PM
your mistake is thinking with your brain

hyde
What color is the sky on your planet?

mslif
As long as you know her last name, it's good to go.

Edit: it was obviously a joke....
Sex is so much better when you have built trust and intimacy is there. You cannot put a timeline on that, you will just know when it is the right time.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or something that sounds close.

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Nope, its a good question, anyone who is saying shutup, lets kill him etc, wouldnt get what he is saying. My rule of thumb, is to basically wait as long as I can, to garner as much info as possible, without comming off as "weird". Each girl is different though.

asofel
09-30-2005, 03:05 PM
I expect this and perhaps a post from Blarg (ok and maybe a post from STLanty if he beats me to it /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) will be about the only serious replies....so:

If you like this girl and really want a relationship with her then thinking about the speed at which things progress is a good thing. That being said, if you're both mature enough to handle relationships and sex, then there's no set time you have to wait. You could date for a few weeks, finally have sex, and things could be great. They could also just not work out. You could also have sex early on and still have things work out...or not. It depends less on the timing and more on the people.

Reef
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your mistake is thinking with your brain

[/ QUOTE ]

when you should be thinking with your head

TheMainEvent
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Where are you meeting these girls, generally speaking?

MCS
09-30-2005, 03:08 PM
I think if you and this girl really do connect well, then early physical activity shouldn't be a barrier. You can just have sex and then hang out. What's the big deal?

So don't wait.

hyde
09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where are you meeting these girls, generally speaking?

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you meeting these girls, exactly speaking?

Soul Daddy
Nice brag post, noob.

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, its a good question, anyone who is saying shutup, lets kill him etc, wouldnt get what he is saying. My rule of thumb, is to basically wait as long as I can, to garner as much info as possible, without comming off as "weird". Each girl is different though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys completely missed it. The question isn't, omg I never have sex and I'm putting it off like I'm gay. We are making out, touching, etc. I'm just holding back the sex right now. If no one else can even fathom a reason why you might do that then I guess I came to the wrong place for sex advice (omg OOT doesn't know how to hit it? no way!)

Side note to mslif - It's ok well before last names are exchanged, but isn't it sometimes +ev if a guy doesn't go right into your pants even when it is fairly obvious that you both kinda want to?

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]
I expect this and perhaps a post from Blarg (ok and maybe a post from STLanty if he beats me to it /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) will be about the only serious replies....so:

If you like this girl and really want a relationship with her then thinking about the speed at which things progress is a good thing. That being said, if you're both mature enough to handle relationships and sex, then there's no set time you have to wait. You could date for a few weeks, finally have sex, and things could be great. They could also just not work out. You could also have sex early on and still have things work out...or not. It depends less on the timing and more on the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not a great poker player, a decent one, Im not a great athelete, but a decent one, Im not very smart, but Im somewhat intelligent, there is only one thing I do excel at, and its women. So I feel obligated to repay the advice I get about poker.

Shajen
09-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Wait til your married.

<font color="white">jopke </font>

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys completely missed it. The question isn't, omg I never have sex and I'm putting it off like I'm gay. We are making out, touching, etc. I'm just holding back the sex right now. If no one else can even fathom a reason why you might do that then I guess I came to the wrong place for sex advice (omg OOT doesn't know how to hit it? no way!)

Side note to mslif - It's ok well before last names are exchanged, but isn't it sometimes +ev if a guy doesn't go right into your pants even when it is fairly obvious that you both kinda want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

wait? why did you quote me? I understand what you are saying.

09-30-2005, 03:15 PM
All the one night stands have been with girls I met at college parties. Alcohol rocks.

This other girl I met so long ago I don't even remember when (~2 years). I actually just moved back to town and she doesn't have her long term boyfriend anymore so it'll probably work out nicely.

diebitter
09-30-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's kill you.

It's a brag post, obviously /images/graemlins/mad.gif

09-30-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant to preface that post with "Thank you STLatny, finally someone actually gets it" But def the reason I replied to yours was because it was the only one worth replying to. Sorry if you took offense, I knew you were the only one who had said something useful.

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's kill you.

It's a brag post, obviously /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont think it is a brag post, just because you cant get laid, doesnt mean these situatios dont come up, for those of us who can. Its a very pertinent situation, when the grey area comes up between a girl you want to start a relationship with or a one night stand chick.

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I meant to preface that post with "Thank you STLatny, finally someone actually gets it" But def the reason I replied to yours was because it was the only one worth replying to. Sorry if you took offense, I knew you were the only one who had said something useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, no offence taken, I just thought maybe I worded things weird, when mu stream of thought takes over.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Due to my immediate reaction to many of the threads started on whether or not or how soon to have sex today, I'm thinking of changing my avatar to Glen Quagmire.

Miggo
09-30-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sorry, I thought this was hilarious. You're the one that said you've been friends for awhile. She's chasing you. Do what you want to do.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] hehe

mslif
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Side note to mslif - isn't it sometimes +ev if a guy doesn't go right into your pants even when it is fairly obvious that you both kinda want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that you are right. If a woman wants to have sex with you and you make her wait, she will want you more. There is no question about that.

MightyMouse
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
have you got to second base yet?

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Side note to mslif - isn't it sometimes +ev if a guy doesn't go right into your pants even when it is fairly obvious that you both kinda want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit that you are right. If a woman wants to have sex with you and you make her wait, she will want you more. There is no question about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But of course there is a limitation on that,
you dont want to appear wierd.

09-30-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much relationship should develop before I have sex with her if I'm actually interested in cultivating a relationship to have good old intimate sex after a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

I insist on at least knowing her name, so I never become the guy in American Pie listening to the girl scream "WHATS MY NAME, BITCH!?!?!"

Other than that, game on.

Ray

mslif
09-30-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

diebitter
09-30-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That's interesting.

Waiting and longing and thinking about it are extremely +EV if it's both of you doing it, I guess. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was asking exactly how long I'm supposed to torture myself to ensure I have hit the top of the +ev and don't start coming down the -ev. This question, imo, has not been answered.

mslif
09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? That's interesting /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif plan on playing hard to get?

09-30-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I love that it took 4 pages for the rest of you to even catch up with the reason I made the post in the first place. We're learning now!

The more you know...

diebitter
09-30-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif plan on playing hard to get?

[/ QUOTE ]
Play? No.
To get? never.
Hard? You know the answer, baby /images/graemlins/cool.gif

haakee
09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
It is possible to have sex first and then work on cultivating the relationship later. Why is this not an option?

STLantny
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was asking exactly how long I'm supposed to torture myself to ensure I have hit the top of the +ev and don't start coming down the -ev. This question, imo, has not been answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered your question with one fo my first posts, it all depends, you have to judge that yourself, and you can only accurately judge that through experience. Id tell you, but only through your analysis of all the little nuances can you accurately determeine the highest point of EV. BUT, I will say, its better to not wait long enough, than to wait too long.

mslif
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Play? No.
To get? never.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making me blush.

diebitter
09-30-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Play? No.
To get? never.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making me blush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kay - no more like that then. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

mslif
09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Play? No.
To get? never.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making me blush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kay - no more like that then. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Blushing was not a bad thing.

bad beetz
09-30-2005, 04:00 PM
The Fonz - "You're not one those prostitutes where you're actually a guy dressed up like a woman and I don't find out till I get you home, are you?"

Prostitute - "This is all real, baby, every inch! I'm all woman"

The Fonz looking dissapointed drives away in a squeel

This quote had nothing to do with anything.... but here's my advice

You are a vaj. That's short for Vagina. You want to ask a sincere questiona about waiting to have sex from an oline community of poker players? What are you, retarded? Seriously? Did you just want to let everyone know that you're getting lots of action lately, because this question is fing stupid.

ask your mom. Ask your local priest. ask your cat. Ask the girl. Actually, lets the chips fall gambling style, go ahead and shoot a load in her face, if gets in the left eye, wait till marraige, if it gets in the right eye, shoot yourself in the head.

Seriously, it's cool, you should wait. Wait, I mean you sould have sex with her. But Seriously. [censored] you.

Let me ask you a question....

I bang chicks sometimes, and then in the morning, a few brain cells and a load of semen lighter, I look over and want to knaw my arm off, and wish I had taken my ninja training seriously and wish that my shoes didn't squeek the way they did. I don't post on 2+2 things like "How do I leave a room quietly?" or "What I do about all these fat chicks I've been Banging?

touchfaith
09-30-2005, 04:07 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

09-30-2005, 04:23 PM
The one woman I didnt rush into things with, became my wife.
It's been the best 6 years of my life, and it keeps getting better.

bernie
09-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Reads like a chick posted this.

Why do people punish the ones they really want by making them wait for the pleasure? Isn't that just ass-backwards if you think about it?

Why wait to start a possible great relationship? If you both want the same thing, great. If she ends up just wanting to 'see what the fuss is about' is that really a bad thing?

b

bernie
09-30-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or wonder what is wrong with herself since he does everyone else so quickly. Maybe he's not really attracted to her, but wants to see if he can become attracted.

Women are so friggin' self concious(sp?)...

b

Ulysses
09-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Third date.

Ulysses
09-30-2005, 04:41 PM
That was a very good post.

2planka
09-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Okay, I apologize for not answering the OP's question more specifically. Here goes:

OP asks, "How long should I wait to have sex?"

Kilgore says: Your watch has a second hand, right?

2planka
09-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Bad beetz: Hall of Fame post.

bernie
09-30-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haakee
09-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Industry standard.

Richie Rich
09-30-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So lately I'm hooking up with every girl I meet on the first night.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're a Frenchboy, which one can justly infer based upon your name (and poor English grammar, particularly in the last paragraph), then you should know that it's actually the norm to "hook up with every girl on the first night" in France.

If that isn't your cup of tea, then move. (But not to America.)

09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm not in France. Thus, to me at least, that post seemed really stupid.

09-30-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me ask you a question....

I bang chicks sometimes,

[/ QUOTE ]Congratulations[ QUOTE ]
and then in the morning, a few brain cells and a load of semen lighter, I look over and want to knaw my arm off, and wish I had taken my ninja training seriously and wish that my shoes didn't squeek the way they did.

[/ QUOTE ]What are you scared of? Waking up the behemoth? These concerns are pretty vaj in my opinion. Vaj is short for vagina btw.[ QUOTE ]
I don't post on 2+2 things like "How do I leave a room quietly?" or "What I do about all these fat chicks I've been Banging?

[/ QUOTE ]Again, congratulations. However this is actually a fact leaving this entire paragraph questionless. Nice try, I was at least moderately amused.

Oh, and my priest is gay so why the [censored] would I ask him?

bad beetz
09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Powerful deductions.... now allow me to retort

you are totally gay with your priest.

mslif
09-30-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So lately I'm hooking up with every girl I meet on the first night.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're a Frenchboy, which one can justly infer based upon your name (and poor English grammar, particularly in the last paragraph), then you should know that it's actually the norm to "hook up with every girl on the first night" in France.

If that isn't your cup of tea, then move. (But not to America.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding right?

09-30-2005, 09:31 PM
queers rush in

ddubois
09-30-2005, 09:45 PM
A good 20, maybe 30, seconds.

LethalRose
09-30-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sex is so much better when you have built trust and intimacy is there. You cannot put a timeline on that, you will just know when it is the right time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that wont fly here, right?

mslif
09-30-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know that wont fly here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

MCS
10-01-2005, 04:19 AM
Why did you even post this?

You said the only reply you felt was worth anything was someone just restating your original post. You wasted our time if your goal was to validate that your theory about women had some basis in reality.

Then you get all condescending.

Total crap.

durron597
10-01-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Truth
10-01-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this thread. I am amused by your views and wish to subscribe to your news letter.

warlockjd
10-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Haven't read responses but if you're already friends, don't wait another second.

Waiting is for new girls you just met and means waiting till the second date.

Or I'm just a whore.

I'm pretty sure it's one of those /images/graemlins/cool.gif

warlockjd
10-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Isn't the whole point of waiting to actually become somewhat friends first? But here, you're already friends so why the waiting?

Felix_Nietsche
10-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Here it is:
SLEEP WITH HER AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

I am totally serious. This works with 99% of all emotional healthy women (strippers don't qualify). Once you sleep with her SHE will work VERY HARD to make sure you two are in a relationship. A side benefit is this eliminates 80% of the heads games a woman may try on you.

The problem is usually the guys in this situation. There is an old Groucho Marx joke where he says he would never belong to a country club that would have him as a member. Many guys have this attitude about woman that sleep with them too soon. If a chick sleeps with them, then they want to bolt. I think this is pretty stupid because if I'm having fun with a girl then I want to keep being with her. 90% of my girlfriends that I have had, we slept together on the first date. The other 10% were reading that stupid book, "The Rules". One part of that book tells women not to return calls when guys call them. This doesn't work on me because if they are blowing me off, I just assume they are not interested and I move on....

MarkL444
10-01-2005, 09:57 AM
id say about 12-16 hrs.