PDA

View Full Version : Its Fish Friday!!! Yay!!!

stanzee
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Or is it? the past month i've been finding the day time games easier then the fishy late night games. Don't get me wrong, both are very profitable but i'm now at a stage where i'm finding the day time games even MORE profitable then the night games.

In the past i've always said the late night games were easier due to all the fish, but i'm not so sure now. I think this maybe down to the fact that daytime games have many solid players who are fairly predictable, where as the wild night games are far less predictable. One of my many strengths is reading the table and players and playing post flop, but this gets much harder in a wild game, therefore i sometimes have to resort back to "ABC" poker to beat them.

Anyone else got any thoughts on which is potentially more profitable?

I should add that as i live in the UK i play more US daytime games then late night games so maybe i'm finding daytime games more profitable because i've had more chance to practice them.. either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

Nicholasp27
09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope u were joking here

what sample size do u hope to achieve that will tell u "for sure" which is more profitable?

stanzee
09-30-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

what sample size do u hope to achieve that will tell u "for sure" which is more profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it has only been this month that i've been getting better results daytime then night time. This is due to me just getting outstandingly better at daytime games this month, but struggling too improve on my already good results latenight. Therefore probably want another 1000 at least of each, to draw some conclusions. My suspicion is that the daytime games are potentially more profitable for a thinking player who can adapt. Results so far are showing this. Also i notice, when i play a set of 4 SnGs i finish ITM in all 4 more frequently then i seem to in night games. But as stated, i'll need a bigger sample size for my new and improved gameplan.

Can i also add my ITM is up to 51% for september daytime (i include daytime to be 12pm to 6pm EST).

Nicholasp27
09-30-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it has only been this month that i've been getting better results daytime then night time. This is due to me just getting outstandingly better at daytime games this month, but struggling too improve on my already good results latenight. Therefore probably want another 1000 at least of each, to draw some conclusions. My suspicion is that the daytime games are potentially more profitable for a thinking player who can adapt. Results so far are showing this. Also i notice, when i play a set of 4 SnGs i finish ITM in all 4 more frequently then i seem to in night games. But as stated, i'll need a bigger sample size for my new and improved gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you had, say, 5000 sngs during the day and 5000 sngs during the evening...u'd then 'be able to determine for sure which time is more profitable?'

is that what u are saying?

stanzee
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so if you had, say, 5000 sngs during the day and 5000 sngs during the evening...u'd then 'be able to determine for sure which time is more profitable?'

is that what u are saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% for sure, but pretty close. What are you getting at Nick?

Edit: also, i meant more profitable for me, not necessarily what is more profitable for your average Joe Bloggs.

Nicholasp27
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
that's all i'm getting at

"my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable."

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 03:10 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! <tears streaming down face>

Thanks again for another giggle.

EDIT: hey stanzee, what's your Party screen name (PM me). I'd love to see you "win" all the time. And if you are as good as you say you are, I will publicly state in this thread that you are the greatest.

Cactus Jack
09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Conceit is a weird disease. It makes everyone else sick.

TruFloridaGator
09-30-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's all i'm getting at

"my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he would retract the way he worded it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stanzee
09-30-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! <tears streaming down face>

Thanks again for another giggle.

EDIT: hey stanzee, what's your Party screen name (PM me). I'd love to see you "win" all the time. And if you are as good as you say you are, I will publicly state in this thread that you are the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

megalose, you have nothing better to do then troll and flame? i know your type, and you're probably a winning 10%ROI player, but like i always say, you'll be lost when the SnGs dry up, because i doubt you have the mind to adapt to a harder form of poker.

As for PMing my screen name.. no thanks, enough trolls on 2+2, so don't need any more while i'm playing.

And with all those posts you've written i've yet to see anything insightful from you.

I think in your twisted little mind you believe you're a above me, so please do post a thread that will demonstrate how you gain any sort of edge either mentally or skillfully that makes you better then the average 2+2er.

Also, i noted that you didn't believe i had a 30% ROI. Is this because you don't think this is attainable. Well, i have news for you, it is! and many regular (and respected) posters have said it is most definitely possible. Keep practicing Mega, you might eventually get there.

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
As I thought...

Chaostracize
09-30-2005, 04:13 PM
I hate you.

stanzee
09-30-2005, 04:21 PM
This thread was meany to be a discussion between day and night games before it was rudely hijacked. Can we get back to the original discussion. Not one person has inputted a meaningful comment.

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread was meany to be a discussion between day and night games before it was rudely hijacked. Can we get back to the original discussion. Not one person has inputted a meaningful comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because a complete moron started it.

09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
As you requested we get back on topic...I think your thought that games are easier to beat when they are full of "solid regulars" and "aren't as wild" is completely off. This is the equivilent of someone saying the 215's are easier to beat than the 11's because the players are more predictable and not as wild at the 215's. As someone who has played many games at all levels...I can assure you that it is not the case.

stanzee
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another insightful post from megabet... give yourself a pat on the back sir.

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another insightful post from megabet... give yourself a pat on the back sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you should expect insightful posts in an unsightful thread.

09-30-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an attack, and has no bearing on this forum. I have requested a moderator looks at this post, as it DOES NOT add anything useful to this forum. Keep these kinds of thoughts to yourself.

Chaostracize
09-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Wow.

downtown
09-30-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anyone has written a meaningful comment because you're provoking everyone and then acting shocked when they are provoked.

You are saying that the egde presented by the "predictable" play by presumably better players who more often during the day is greater than the edges to be found versus bad players. It's an old and well known fallacy that is the same logic as "If I move up the fish won't suck out on me." It's a bunch of garbage and everyone knows it. So what do you except for a reply?

The Yugoslavian
09-30-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an attack, and has no bearing on this forum. I have requested a moderator looks at this post, as it DOES NOT add anything useful to this forum. Keep these kinds of thoughts to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, don't feel neglected.

I'm sure he hates you too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And just b/c this thread desperately needs it:

http://69.93.50.122/wonderfulgirls/photos/CB60DD5A6AAC45A1BA33352A4C2B487F.jpg

Yugoslav

stanzee
09-30-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As you requested we get back on topic...I think your thought that games are easier to beat when they are full of "solid regulars" and "aren't as wild" is completely off. This is the equivilent of someone saying the 215's are easier to beat than the 11's because the players are more predictable and not as wild at the 215's. As someone who has played many games at all levels...I can assure you that it is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

At last a bit of discussion. Thankyou Chripe01

I can see what you are saying, and having only recorded one game at the 215s i'm probably not qualified to speak about them. But i'm guessing at the dizzy heights of 215s, they are far better then a "solid, predictable" 22er, so dont think you can make the assumption that playing daytime 22s are the same as playing 215s.

An example i would give, is that at the 215s a good player would be a bit more concerned about giving table image, since they must play against the same players far more frequently. For instance, in the latter parts of a 215 game player "X" who is holding Q7 in the big blind sees the button push for all his chips. Now player "X" KNOWS that calling is -ve, but long term player X might see the call as +ve. The reason being, is everyone will see this "bad" call, and assume he has low calling standards, so will leave his blinds alone not only in this game but future games as well.

I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s, but if they are i'm laughing all the way to the bank in a few months time.

I'm sure Megabet will flame this post as per usual, but only as he hasn't got the brain capacity to even think about levels that he hasn't yet reached.

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 05:23 PM
This post just displays your ignorance about SNGs.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason being, is everyone will see this "bad" call, and assume he has low calling standards, so will leave his blinds alone not only in this game but future games as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are still enough players at the $215s that making this -EV play, that will likely cost you your buy in, against at most 9 other players, but likely against 3 or 4 other players just to gain "table image" is absurd.

[ QUOTE ]
I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.

[ QUOTE ]
but only as he hasn't got the brain capacity to even think about levels that he hasn't yet reached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see. You're a $22 player. I'm a regular $55/$109 player who also dabbles in the $215s. Should I tell him about my 44% ITM at the $215s? Nah, I wouldn't want to burst his bubble. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I would pay a lot of money to see your face when you start getting outplayed at the higher levels and give up poker as realisation strikes you.

stanzee
09-30-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You are saying that the egde presented by the "predictable" play by presumably better players who more often during the day is greater than the edges to be found versus bad players. It's an old and well known fallacy that is the same logic as "If I move up the fish won't suck out on me." It's a bunch of garbage and everyone knows it. So what do you except for a reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the same logic at all... Theres ways of beating wild tables (i.e stay very tight) and theres ways of beating tight tables against better players. I'm just saying that i'm finding a greater edge against the "better" players at the moment, then the "awful" night time players. Of course, it could just be variance, but my suspicion is that i've found ways of beating the "better" daytime players for more money then the "not so good" night time players.

It's like the old saying by some poker shark who i'm not sure the name of: "If you're a bad player i'll takes most ya money, and if you're a good player i'll takes ALL ya money!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 05:27 PM
You are re-iterating very basic poker concepts that can be read within the first few pages of any poker strategy book.

citanul
09-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm afraid I'm missing your definition of attack. Saying I hate you doesn't attack anyone. Telling someone "you're such a motherfucker" is an attack. For instance, I could proably count on my fingers the number of people on this board who for some reason or the other I don't hate. That doesn't mean that I've attacked everyone that isn't on that list, or even that I attack stanzee when I make the post I just did, though who knows, I might have to take that one down. Then again, I might have to trash stanzee's account really soon, but I dunno, I only know about his posts by people notifying mod. I've got him on ignore.

citanul

stanzee
09-30-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I do find it hard to believe that the 215s are as tough as daytime 22s

lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, i got this the wrong way round and you know it. Even, I, Stanzee make mistakes sometimes.

What's you're sample size on the 215s? You say you only dabble in them so i'm guessing your sample size isn't big enough to start spouting figures.

Oh, and also, i'm playing the 55s mainly now. Should have moved up from the 22s ages ago, but i have leaks in other areas away from poker, so only just got the bankroll together to play the 55s.

MegaBet
09-30-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have leaks in other areas away from poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you too old for wet dreams? LMAO

Haven't you figured out how awful you are at poker yet? 2+2 is one of the premier poker mesage boards (if not, the best poker message board) at improving people's game. And one of it's mods not only has you on ignore because you piss him off, but starts a thread asking other members if they have you on ignore - and posting a link so they CAN ignore you if they want to. Doesn't this tell you anything!?