PDA

View Full Version : very odd

PokerBob
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
I am not playing well. Not horrificly, but I don't have my A game. PF is meh. i know. leave it alone. villain plays OK. never seen him do anything insane. will be aggressive post with draws. what could this guy reasonably have?

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, I limp Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif, 1 other monkey limps, blinds call.

Flop 5 ways: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks araound.

turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checks to me, I bet, monkey calls, Blinds fold, UTG+1 calls.

river: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG+1 checks, I bet, monkey folds, UTG+1 raises , I say wtf and............give this guy a hand for me please.

mrkilla
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
K/J spades I think he flopped it and figure one of you guys will bet turn+river and he can wait to pop then.

haakee
09-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it looks like he flopped the nuts to me.

flawless_victory
09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
i also think he flopped the nuts.
what are you doing on the river? hoping to get a bet outta Q9?

Judi
09-30-2005, 03:31 PM
and we know how much we luv to have the nutz. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I think folding the river here is correct. And I also think like eveyone else that the villain has the nuts. I think with 2 opponents at the river, you should also be checking your marginal hand on this board unless you are against some really bad calling stations.

09-30-2005, 05:12 PM
I agree, it looks like the nuts. If it was AQ, I think he would have just called the flop waiting to see if a safe card dropped. If so, raised it on the turn.

The fact he just called it down until the river smells like KJs.

PokerBob
10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I am not playing well. Not horrificly, but I don't have my A game. PF is meh. i know. leave it alone. villain plays OK. never seen him do anything insane. will be aggressive post with draws. what could this guy reasonably have?

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, I limp Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif, 1 other monkey limps, blinds call.

Flop 5 ways: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks araound.

UTG+1 checks, I bet, monkey folds, UTG+1 raises , I say wtf and............give this guy a hand for me please.

the line was just so amazingly odd that i thought it was total BS. i was right. villain showed black 88 and MHIG.

10-01-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

checks araound.

the line was just so amazingly odd that i thought it was total BS. i was right. villain showed black 88 and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice call Bob, I think I wouldve folded the best hand here without a read but your analsis is spot on. When somebody plays their hand in this fashion it usually means the nuts or total BS, I still think you shouldve checked the river though, and about preflop: raise it up, dont be a wuss
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dominic
10-01-2005, 12:32 PM
AJ suited?

MoDOH
10-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Although I have read the results and now know what the villain had, I must say that i wouldnīt believe that he had the nuts for a second. The reason is he didnīt raise the Turn when he had the perfect oppurtunity to raise the field. Any decent player would have popped it right there I think...
He might have a passively played A3 though...
I would have called this river just out of curiosity...

Oh and check the river next time please...

10-01-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I have read the results and now know what the villain had, I must say that i wouldnīt believe that he had the nuts for a second. The reason is he didnīt raise the Turn when he had the perfect oppurtunity to raise the field. Any decent player would have popped it right there I think...
He might have a passively played A3 though...
I would have called this river just out of curiosity...

Oh and check the river next time please...

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that the villain didnt raise the turn is exactly why everyone thought he had the nuts. A lot of people slowplay the nuts to the river even though this strategy is usually suboptimal.

haakee
10-01-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any decent player

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anybody accuse the opponent of being decent?