PDA

View Full Version : AA against total maniac

stew77
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Live 3/6NL, Villains is a total maniac, regular who usually loses huge or wins huge because he on pure luck.
Hero($535) is in MP with two black Aces. Raise to $45
Button and very straightforward player calls(400)
and maniac ($900)completes in the SB

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain pushes . Whats my play?

4 hands earlier villain made the exact same play on a very similar board, original raiser folded showing AK and villains showed 88.

thx
stew

Percussion
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
call

noggindoc
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Richie Rich
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I think you're leaving out some important pieces of information, like: (a) your image at the table, (b) what the standard pf raise is, (c) the overall action at that table, (d) if you and villain have a history, etc.

But based upon the info that you've provided, this is a pretty easy call, imo. After all, if he had 22 or 5-x, why would he want to scare you out of the pot before you even bet on the flop?

xorbie
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
If you called and he showed 56, we really don't care.

Richie Rich
09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you called and he showed 56, we really don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]
btw- Should be noted that the hand most likely to crack AA is 56s.

stew77
09-30-2005, 02:41 PM
xorbie, youre useless responses are of no use when ppl are trying to gain help and info. too many times we see ppl giving their ignorant and arrogant two cents that have no reason.

as for responses that matter ........
our table is starting to get very loose, especially since villains sat down. my thoughts when he pushed were, if he had a set .. i have seen him check raise all in numerous times, so i put him on 34 or flush draw .... could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

TheMainEvent
09-30-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect thinking. This spot is fine. You may have better spots later, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't call here, as long as you are properly rolled.

yvesaint
09-30-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so i put him on 34 or flush draw ....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

4 hands earlier villain made the exact same play on a very similar board, original raiser folded showing AK and villains showed 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

[/ QUOTE ]

villain likes overpairs. you have an overpair to overpairs. call, instantly, not close, even if you dont hold the Ad. xorbie is being short here, just like everyone, because the answer is ridiculously obvious given previous plays (although it was YOU that was at the table, is there anymore information you could give? we're going by what you've posted, and nothing more)

flawless_victory
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
AZK, please lock thread.
thx.

Big_Jim
09-30-2005, 03:41 PM
stew, your useless post is of no use to anybody on this forum.

Easy call, with given info.

I would call with PPs down to QQ, maybe JJ.

Leptyne
09-30-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect thinking. This spot is fine. You may have better spots later, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't call here, as long as you are properly rolled.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be better spots if you wait long enough. While you're waiting (you want top set? or AKs and flop the nut flush?) he'll give his money to someone else. The important thing is making the correct decision...which is to beat him into the pot. This is a "better spot".

spino1i
09-30-2005, 03:56 PM
This is one of those situations where a read is very very important. Particularly since this is a live game, it helps to look the player in the eye while he pushes all his chips in the middle and also if you can watch his reaction when he saw the flop. I would say barring no good read to call, but again a physical read is very important here and can shed a lot of light on the correct move.

BobboFitos
09-30-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stew, your useless post is of no use to anybody on this forum.

Easy call, with given info.

I would call with PPs down to QQ, maybe JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats it? ifi somehow raised that much of my stack with an overpair, and a maniac smooth called with another player still in, I call with any overpair. (So I guess 99+ because I prolly limp 88 down..)

Big_Jim
09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Well.... Maniac didn't re-raise PF... so we can probably eliminate AA-JJ

TT-66 are all overpairs... so the break-even call is 88, assuming that this push = overpair.

Factor in the times he has a 5, a boat or better, and the times he's semi-bluffing and it probably pushes it up to about 99-TT....

I guess you're right.

Curse me and my weak-tightness in calling massive overbets.

djoyce003
09-30-2005, 11:31 PM
this is a call....i do find it interesting that you put him precisely on the hands you are ahead of and don't consider the hands you are behind.

I really don't like making this call against unknowns because it's almost always a flush draw, set, trips, or some combo draw. However, against this guy based on your reads, you have to call here because while you could be way behind to trips or a set, you could also be WAY ahead of a smaller PP.

wdeadwyler
10-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Easiest call ever, lock thread, this is pointless. If he has a better hand, like Xorbie said, we dont care. If he had more chips I would raise him.

Lucky
10-01-2005, 05:54 AM
it's a call, but you're not going to turn into a losing player by folding. You're winrate will go down and you wont be a hero on twoplustwo.

mgsimpleton
10-01-2005, 10:17 AM
my guess is he called, then button called too, maniac showed 77 and button showed 56... guys that's why it's a fold you're all missing the point - the button is last to act and the button will usually have a 5 in this spot! more prudent thing is to fold given you are caught in the middle on a very very very dangerous board for aces. i'd rather take TJQ any day.

Chris Daddy Cool
10-01-2005, 10:42 AM
how can you not call here?

Chris Daddy Cool
10-01-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the button is last to act and the button will usually have a 5 in this spot!

[/ QUOTE ]

how does he usually have a 5 here when you don't even know what he has or what he's done? and with the preflop action?

Imperial
10-01-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well.... Maniac didn't re-raise PF... so we can probably eliminate AA-JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I know total maniacs who love to raise all kind of ____ preflop and then when they pick up JJ-AA, SLOOOWWWPLAY.

jman220
10-01-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the button is last to act and the button will usually have a 5 in this spot!

[/ QUOTE ]

how does he usually have a 5 here when you don't even know what he has or what he's done? and with the preflop action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

Drontier
10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
i cant tell if ure being sarcastic

Drontier
10-01-2005, 06:39 PM
if you are afraid of button, laugh and say you just ran into quads buddy and call. therefore button folds his 22

fsuplayer
10-01-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my guess is he called, then button called too, maniac showed 77 and button showed 56... guys that's why it's a fold you're all missing the point - the button is last to act and the button will usually have a 5 in this spot! more prudent thing is to fold given you are caught in the middle on a very very very dangerous board for aces. i'd rather take TJQ any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt think it was your best work, but apparently it did the job. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dr. StrangeloveX
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant tell if ure being sarcastic

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto

cardsharkk04
10-02-2005, 04:56 AM
the name "total maniac" = call.