PDA

View Full Version : Where to play 10+1 SNGs

lmw
09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
I have been playing 5.50 SNG at bodog for the last couple months as a diversion from my cash game play. I have had some moderate sucess, but do not have enough SNG's played to get a real idea of my ROI%. I am interested in taking my SNG game up a notch or two. I want to move up to the 10+1 SNG and recieve a bonus while doing it. I have heard good things about Party Poker and skins, but they do not allow you too clear bonuses through SNGs. Poker Stars would be my first choice, but alas there are no reloads going on right now, so I have found two sites Poker Room and Pacific Poker that would allow me to clear a bonus at a resonable rate. Poker Room, like Bodog, is not compatible with Poker Tracker. Is Poker Tracker compatability valuable enough to make my choice easy? Should I just play on Poker Stars and wait for a reload? also is sngpt the same thing as the the Poker Tracker Tournament database, or is it a different program all together?

TruFloridaGator
09-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Full Tilt is another option. There is a great bonus as well, there should be a re-load next month(every other month thing), however PT does not yet have support for it, anyday though. I would just play on stars and don't be concerned too much with the bonus though, just concentrate on the SNGs.

SNGPT is different, that's SNG Power Tools, a ICM program(but better). Definately worth a buy if you are going to play SNGs seriously.

lmw
09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Is Poker Tracker usefull for improving your SNG play, or does SNG Power Tools provide all the help you need?

Nicholasp27
09-30-2005, 02:52 PM
sngpt is all u need for sngs...and u do need it if u are serious about playing sngs...

and RAKEBACK is more important than bonuses...u get paid 25 cents every $11 tourney...

TruFloridaGator
09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Poker Tracker is just helpful in organizing and showing your playing results and statistics.

SNGPT analyzes your EV Push and Call opportunities.

Eric Draven
09-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Pokerstars - I like Pokerstars. I like the format, enough bad players to be profitable, great support, great interface, etc. But no rakeback and the SNGs take longer (Turbos are faster though).

Party - The skins have rakeback, and there are lots of fish there. I don't like 800 starting chips though...

Bodog - same 100% rakeback on SNGs at 11s as 5.5s, they fill up a little slower, but start fast enough, however anthing above 33 take forever to fill from what I've seen.

I've heard good things about Pokerroom and Full Tilt, but I've never plaed SNGs at either of them (I do like Full Tilt's interface though... I think).

lmw
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
What sites are compatible with sngpt?

Cactus Jack
09-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Full Tilt is a nightmare to clear a bonus at low limits, and I don't know if you'll live long enough to clear it with SNGs.

The 11s and 22s at FT are about half fishy, and half weak/tight. I do very well on Pokerstars, but FT was tough. Enough implied collusion to make life hard. (Somebody is going to call you, no matter what.) Interface is nice. (Turn off the awful avatars.)

Pokerstars is still the best, I think.

CJ

TruFloridaGator
09-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Agreed that PS is much better, but I killed FTP myself, but the SNGs take way too long so my $/hr was terribl.

TruFloridaGator
09-30-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What sites are compatible with sngpt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Skins
PS Turbos & Regular
UB
Paradise

I know others will be added soon though and anything else upon request usually will come out in a update or two. Great support and updates as well, much worth the $$.