PDA

View Full Version : One more for the day.

Entity
09-30-2005, 01:49 PM
3-handed, I just sat at the table. Villains are complete unknowns.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds...

The fold seems pretty clear. How's the flop play? How about the turn?

DeathDonkey
09-30-2005, 01:51 PM
FPS. I don't fold top pair vs unknowns 3 handed and probably not 6 handed.

-DeathDonkey

PokerBob
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
i dunno about this. if SB is a thinker, he could easily have you doing the "raise the flush draw on the turn" and be attempting to charge you the max. also, if SB had a better ace, you likely would hvae heard about if preflop, no? tough spot.

Victor
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
after reading some posts recently i would raise the flop. by calling the button is getting 8:1 which is good odds to call with gutshots or any pair (other than pp.) if you raise he is certainly making a mistake unless he has an ace or hearts.

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I'd raise this flop. No reason to let gutshots and KJ type hands in cheaply.

Turn fold is easy.

wheelz
09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after reading some posts recently i would raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was thinking. those posts convinced me to always raise here now.

B Dids
09-30-2005, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't expect unknowns to raise aces that aren't AK-AQ in this spot from the sb preflop.

I don't hate this, without a read I have a hard time seeing what he's playing the turn like this that we beat.

I think it's an easier hand to play if we raise the flop.

PokerBob
09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't expect unknowns to raise aces that aren't AK-AQ in this spot from the sb preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 10/20, i would.

BottlesOf
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
raise flop.

Entity
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FPS. I don't fold top pair vs unknowns 3 handed and probably not 6 handed.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't fold bottom pair vs unknowns 3 handed and probably not 6-handed. That doesn't mean the turn fold isn't correct. :P

I think I need to be raising the flop though.

Rob

09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
10/20 is out of my league, but I don't get it. A8 seems likely the best hand preflop. Button will raise a large range, and the SB went weird with a call. Seems like the SB is in a raise/fold situation and I'd interepret this as donkey behavior and he doesn't know what to do with a slightly better than average hand.

On the flop I think you've got to raise. Make the Button prove he's got something by facing 2 bets, or he folds and you've got position.

The turn fold I don't get at all unless you've placed SB on trips. You're getting 12.5:1 odds. If you think you're facing 2 pair, then an 8 wins, some pairings of the board give it to you, or an Ace might give it to you (depending on the villians 2-pair). Seems like you've got way more than enough odds to peel, then at that point you pretty much have to call the river due to the size of the pot.

09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this easy with 12.5:1 pot odds? Are we sure the SB is betting trips? If not, seems like the hero has way more than enough odds to try for the better 2-pair (Aces up).

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this easy with 12.5:1 pot odds? ...seems like the hero has way more than enough odds to try for the better 2-pair (Aces up).

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs are you giving hero? 2.5 seems reasonable and that requires 43.5:2.5 or 17.4:1 pot+implied odds.

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this flop. No reason to let gutshots and KJ type hands in cheaply.

Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

joker122
i raise the flop. this isn't a WA/WB situation.

TStoneMBD
[ QUOTE ]
i dunno about this. if SB is a thinker, he could easily have you doing the "raise the flush draw on the turn" and be attempting to charge you the max. also, if SB had a better ace, you likely would hvae heard about if preflop, no? tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise a flush draw on the turn semibluffing through 2 players and forcing out a player behind you? not my cupoT.

PokerNoob
09-30-2005, 03:59 PM
I would think I'm holding the best hand here until aggressively told otherwise and then I'd call down. Raise preflop. I'd bet the flop if checked to, and raise if SB bet out. As played, I don't think the turn fold is clear at all. You may be stuck between two guys who think they are still playing headsup.