PDA

View Full Version : how many bets with a boat

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 01:39 PM
UTG is 18/11/3.8 14k hands
BT is 15/6/1.3 7k hands

now that i look back i realize i should have folded the turn. i thought that he would have a hand like JK too often to make this fold, but with 6pfr its quite apparently i cant be ahead.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.33 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

dcarlc
09-30-2005, 01:45 PM
now that i look back i realize i should have folded the turn. i thought that he would have a hand like JK too often to make this fold, but with 6pfr its quite apparently i cant be ahead.

I hope to get to the point were I could ever lay this hand down.

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm going to assume his range is AA-KK, AK, AJs(would a 6% raiser bump AJo pre flop?).

You're ahead 2/3 of the time when he bets. If he 3-bets, there is no way in hell you should 4-bet. I'd probably crying call a 3-bet because 17.33:1 is a lot with a passable full house.

Edit: P.S. Fold the turn.

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of check-call the river instead of checkraise. i was definitely not going to cap. insane?

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking more along the lines of check-call the river instead of reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely have odds to checkraise if he has the hand range I suggested even if you always pay off a better hand when he 3-bets--2/3 of the time you win 1 BB and 1/3 of the time you lose 2 BB so it's break even.

TStoneMBD
09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
yah i dont think i can fold to a 3bet. for 16.3:1 odds i think there is a good enough chance that he overplays T2P or something.

B Dids
09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to assume his range is AA-KK, AK, AJs(would a 6% raiser bump AJo pre flop?).

You're ahead 2/3 of the time when he bets. If he 3-bets, there is no way in hell you should 4-bet. I'd probably crying call a 3-bet because 17.33:1 is a lot with a passable full house.

Edit: P.S. Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button didn't cap preflop, timid or not, he's capping AA right? Maybe not KK if the limp/rr scares him?

AK and JJ seem more likely. If he 3-bets, I call but swear loudly if he shows AK.

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AK and JJ seem more likely. If he 3-bets, I call but swear loudly if he shows AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I missed the limp-reraise and his failure to cap, but the point is--with almost the most conservative hand range possible, we have odds for a raise even if we always pay off a better hand.

Jc Jh/Jd is possible too, but I think AJo is also so I left out both figuring they'd roughly balance each other out(otherwise I can't use pokerstove). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edit: If you take out AA/KK and add AJo/All JJ combinations, we are ahead 80%.