PDA

View Full Version : playing someone who defends bb aggressively

Wynton
09-30-2005, 01:32 PM
During a recent session, there was a player 2 seats to my left who was not particularly notable in any way except for one thing: he defended his BB liberally, often by 3-betting.

Should I change my range of stealing hands against such a player? Or should I simply reconcile myself to capping (with the usual stealing hands) when he 3-bets, with the understanding that more aggression will probably have to follow on the flop too?

And does it matter that there was a very loose/passive player sandwiched between us?

09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
This probably isnt helping the situation, but I would probaably just try to find a different seat/table.

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
yes, it definitely does. if you steal liberally, with the bottom range of your hands you would rather get folds than 3-bets, so if he his ignoring that, then you want to steal less...if he doesn't adjust, then suddenly you extract all the same value with AKs, etc, but don't get 3bet when you hold T9o

Wynton
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
That sounds sensible, but I can't help wondering the following:

If villain is 3-betting with hands that are likely no better than mine - if not worse - then aren't I giving up too much value by limiting my range of stealing hands?