PDA

View Full Version : Another useless stop and go with TPTK?

ReadyEddie
09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.67 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.67 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 20.67 BB.

comments?

TheHammer24
09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Why Stop and Go? He's not on a draw, it's WA/WB and there are no real dangerous cards on the turn other than maybe a J or a Q to give him a set. I think your hand is good the majority of the time here. I c/r the turn or three bet the flop. If he's still serious on the turn, I'm calling down. Your river bet is spewing IMO.

SlantNGo
09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Button didn't raise the flop, so he can't 3-bet it...

[ QUOTE ]
Why Stop and Go? He's not on a draw, it's WA/WB and there are no real dangerous cards on the turn other than maybe a J or a Q to give him a set. I think your hand is good the majority of the time here. I c/r the turn or three bet the flop. If he's still serious on the turn, I'm calling down. Your river bet is spewing IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see what you're trying to do, and I think your thought process is okay, but when Villain waits till the turn to raise, the chances of him having QQ-99 go down, and AA and AK go up. I think I'd just c/c the river.

09-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I think c/c river is best, barring any other reads you may have had for s/g ing.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't really give a reason. I think you are beat most of the time when facing this pattern, but you still have a hand worth showing down. Button raises after MP1 calls on the turn, so it can't be a total bluff or semi-bluff on her part. She must believe she has the best hand. You could be looking at a set, overpair, or 2 pair enough of the time. If she holds AK, then you want to keep MP1 in to the showdown. I don't think you are ahead enough of the time to risk another raise on the river.

ReadyEddie
09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Sorry forgot, villain is 21/6.4 over 35 hands, so nothing too special.

Yeah i see the river is spewing, just trying to get more aggressive, but this isnt the place. The sng confuses me im gonna stop doing it altogether. is the only place for a sng when you think villain is taking a free card? cause then its limited to TAGs pretty much and i should only use it once in a blue moon?

toss
09-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Did you use the Stop'n Go because you couldn't decide how strong your hand was? Or maybe you feared him checking behind on the river? I'd rather just check/call the river as his turn raise implies strenght.

Sometimes I like calling PF in this situation.

09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Thought this might be a good place to squeeze this in.

Whats the Stop n' Go move? Checking the turn then betting the river?

ReadyEddie
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
SNG: you bet, villain raises, you call, you lead the next street.

09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
A stop and go is betting a street, just calling a raise, then betting out the next street as if the guy never raised you to start with. Sometimes known as a donk bet. Example: I bet the flop, get raised, I call, I bet the turn, I get raised, I call, I bet the river, I get raised, I call. Still dont' know, however, whether this is a trifecta or if that's only when we get check raised thrice. Enlighten me someone?

toss
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
When you bet/call then bet out again on the next street.

09-30-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd check-raise that flop. If he's 3-betting pf, he probably has QQ, KK, AA, or AK. 6 combos of QQ, 1 combo of KK, 3 combos of AA, and 6 combos of AK. You beat 6, lose to 4, and tie 6. Something tells me he's not raising the turn with QQ, though. He might have AK. He was probably scared by your cap, so he only called the flop. When he raises the turn, he probably has either KK or AK. Most players would raise the flop with AA and fold with QQ. Considering the fact that he raised the river too, he probably had KK.

bungyrocks
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
i check call the river

09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
The stop and go play is an attempt to stop the free card play. There should be strong draws on the board, which do not get completed on the turn. Then, you bet to foil your opponent's chances of getting a free card. In this case, donking the river is pretty poor heads up because you don't expect your opponent to call with just a busted draw.

@bsolute_luck
09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
the only reason i donk the river is to 3-bet when my draw comes in or fold to a raise. i don't like it here because Button 3-bets preflop and then raises the turn? looks like trips to me, but i'm not sure enough: call down.