PDA

View Full Version : Littering: My play

Supersetoy
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
So here's a copy of what I just wrote in an email to my girlfriend. It's been about 2 hours since this happened, and I am finally coming down from the anger of it:

I am so pissed.

So, I finally got to brandish the bat this morning. I know, it sounds scarier than it actually ended up being...but I don't know if I was in the wrong or not.

Here's what happened: Back on highway 202 I'm following this old school supra (I should've got the license plate) and we come to the traffic that we usually hit near the Sahallee entrance. I watch them dump a small paper bag and some wrappers out the driver's side window. I am immediately angry. It's not just some small wrapper, there are 3 things they drop out. So, I'm like, "ok, cool off, chill out...they obviously don't care that they've just littered...I shouldn't care either, some volunteers or convicts will pick this up later"

About another half mile down the road, we're still moving at a crawl, they dump another wrapper, a granola bar "Special K" wrapper out the window. At this point, I can tell there are two of them, they look about 19, both kind of shorter than me. I decide to pop the parking break, get out, and pick up the wrapper. They are slowly pulling away from me, and people behind me are watching. I get in the car, speed off to catch up with them and wait until they litter again. (This is the point where I don't know whether or not I was wrong to do this...) I keep telling myself, one more thing and I'm throwing this crap back in the guys face. Well, wouldn't you know? His passenger finishes his granola bar too and dumps that out the window along with a burning cigarette.

I pop the parking break again, pop the trunk, and grab the bat. I walk slowly towards the car looking in the driver's side passenger mirror making sure he's not moving. They're not. I pick up the wrapper (along with the one I had already) and half burnt cigarette walk up to the car bat in right hand, and chuck all that crap on top of the guy's sweatshirt. He is actually surprised (didn't realize I was coming) and tries to bat the cigarette off of his shirt and on to the ground. His passenger and him are yelling "F*&^ YOU! F OFF! Etc." And I just give them the finger and then say, "f'ng use the trash can, idiots".

I realize how short they are (these guys were probably like 5'7 and skinny, and I'm not really afraid of them anymore. The guy finds the cigarette and tries to huck it at me as I'm walking away and the old guy in the van behind me gives me the thumbs up. Once we get rolling again, the guy throws the two wrappers out the window as I'm pulling in to the onramp of 520.

I don't know...was I supposed to let this slide? I'm so pissed my muscles hurt though. My arms and teeth are completely clenched right now. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to release this well in the next few hours...

:|

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Pretty much sounds like you did let it slide. What was the point of the bat? What were you going to do? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm really hoping this post is a joke.

Supersetoy
09-30-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much sounds like you did let it slide. What was the point of the bat? What were you going to do? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure there's two of them...this is how I'm defending myself. I figure it scares them too. This is not a joke.

SCfuji
09-30-2005, 01:23 PM
i dont think the bat does much. if they have a gun you are screwed anyways so might as well keep the slugger in the trunk.

my friend litters a lot. he will stop at a traffic light and place is empty drink cup on the road and ill yell at him and tell him to pick it up.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I figure there's two of them...this is how I'm defending myself. I figure it scares them too. This is not a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're a moron.

djoyce003
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
if you were walking up to my car with a bat you'd be dead right now. Something to consider.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were walking up to my car with a bat you'd be dead right now. Something to consider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

SL__72
09-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Is someone with a bat really that much of a threat?

djoyce003
09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That's considered a deadly weapon.

Let me have a few whacks at you with one and then you tell me if someone with a bat is that much of a threat.

FouTight
09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Wood or aluminum?

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd rather they be dead than me.

wh1t3bread
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
What is wrong with you? Seriously, you have major issues.

I really think you either lied about:
a) the littering story
b) about having a girlfriend
c) all of the above.

SL__72
09-30-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but you are inside of a car... He can [censored] your vehicle up, but if that bat gets threw a window I'm taking it away from him anyway.

Supersetoy
09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wood or aluminum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wood. Don't know exactly how long. But it's pretty heavy to me and I'm 6'1 205 lbs.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

a) the littering story
c) not being mentally retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but you are inside of a car... He can [censored] your vehicle up, but if that bat gets threw a window I'm taking it away from him anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather some bat-wielding moron be dead than my window smashed. Regardless, it doesn't sound like you've ever had a bat swung at you.

Shajen
09-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Let it slide next time.

It isn't your place, you don't know who or what you are dealing with.

Life is too short to get killed over something so stupid.

You are lucky you didn't get jacked up.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let it slide next time.

It isn't your place, you don't know who or what you are dealing with.

Life is too short to get killed over something so stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said...and lay off the steroids.

wh1t3bread
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. OP, you need to watch those sucker punch videos and then think about what you did while you drool over yourself in your sped classes the rest of the day.

Supersetoy
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

a) the littering story
c) all of the above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have major road rage issues. That is what is wrong with me.

If you'd like to know my girlfriend's email address I will PM it to you. She's currently at work (same with me) You can ask her if we're dating or not, whether or not I face the same [censored] everyday on the way to and from work, and also talk to her about my anger issues.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you could have saved the trouble of typing your entire OP and just said this. Same thing.

SL__72
09-30-2005, 01:49 PM
No, I haven't been attacked by a bat wielding maniac before. Maybe I'm overvaluing my strength and the protection that being in a car would yield.

Supersetoy
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you could have saved the trouble of typing your entire OP and just said this. Same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for wasting everyone's time. Just needed to vent.

gonores
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/gonores/Garycougar.jpg

Give a lobbage. Pick up your garbage.

09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Rage issues, seek help

The Goober
09-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Next time just call the police and report him. I'm assuming you're in washington state (because you mention 202 and 520, as well as bad traffic). The fines here for littering are really steep (that lit cigarette could be as much as $1025!) and there's even a special number to call to report the littering - 866-LITTER-1.

Getting a $1000+ ticket is much more likely to make this guy re-think his ways than some psycho coming at him with a bat.