PDA

View Full Version : Is Pakistan an ally?

02-04-2002, 04:44 PM
No. They allow us into their country because they know they would be targeted by the U.S. next. Letting us in to attack the Taliban, bin Laden, and Al Qaeda is merely an act of self preservation on the part of Musharraf. Had they denied us access to their land and airspace, we would have taken India's offer of complete support, stomped the Taliban and Al Qaeda into the sand from our aircraft carriers and perhaps Turkey, then moved on to pounding Pakistan into submission. Musharraf was able to see several moves ahead and make the correct choice for his country. I can't help but think that perhaps we made the wrong choice in choosing Pakistan as our chess piece. Couldn't we have kicked ass on the Taliban and bin Laden without the help of a country that obviously hates us? Would we be better off if we were in bed with India? Do the Indians hate us too? If they don't hate us now, they will. At least after we give Pakistan a boost up at their expense. I remember hoping that Pakistan wouldn't let us use their air bases. I wonder if India would make a better ally. I just don't trust Pakistan, dammit. Anybody out there think I'm off my rocker?

02-05-2002, 01:35 AM
"I just don't trust Pakistan, dammit. Anybody out there think I'm off my rocker?"

No, I don't think you're off your rocker. Comparatively speaking, I mean. For instance, you make more sense than your Commander-in-Chief. I know this isn't saying much but still...

Look at the polls.

02-05-2002, 02:09 AM
You must not be an American. Most of the radical Islamic posters here are not. I think the Homeland Security Office should monitor this board and make searches of the posters' homes and offices to make sure that the radical posters aren't active in cells of Al Queda.

02-05-2002, 03:40 AM
"I think the Homeland Security Office should monitor this board and make searches of the posters' homes and offices to make sure that the radical posters aren't active in cells of Al Queda."

Brilliant. I hope you'd be willing to assist the authorities in these efforts. May I remind you then to also search the posters' clothes?

Going through a poker player's socks will be punishment enough for your silliness.

02-05-2002, 04:32 AM
"Going through a poker player's socks will be punishment enough for your silliness."

Was this really necessary to post. Just the thought of this will make it much more difficult to get to sleep, and the red nightmares will surely come.

02-05-2002, 07:05 AM
As for "going through a poker player's socks". . . . Just happened to look down at my socks and noticed both big toes going completely through. Hate it when that happens.

02-05-2002, 05:48 PM
FYI, I have very nice socks. One of few clothing items I really care about. I'm sure the homeland security officers would enjoy going through my socks.

02-06-2002, 09:33 PM
i got a matching pair like that try cuttung toenails...gl