PDA

View Full Version : Can I just fold to this c/r?

QTip
09-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Blind here seems like he's quite good.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

09-30-2005, 11:34 AM
a quite good player, c/r 2 people on a drawless board....you can probably toss this.

09-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes, BB checkraised not only you but a caller as well. With two people in the pot already I don't think he pulls this with a hand that you beat. There are no straight draws that he could have here that are likely (include an A) and the only likely holdings are a set/two pair/top pair. Compounding the problem is that you have a lot of overcards you must avoid on the turn (other player's likely holding IMO) and this is an easy fold.

Lozing

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
good post. also, a flop call basically commits you to a turn call too, because on this drawless board, with only two other players, he's betting the turn almost always. it doesn't always commit you to a river call, (though that is a special case because people sometimes give up on the river and sometimes not, more read based)

protected pots are fun. second level thinking in protected pots isn't something I'm sure works (there's a note on this in HPFAP, that you basically need the perfect scenario to work a bluff) and I think your average 3/6er has you.