PDA

View Full Version : pp 11S - correct to push this right?

2Fast2Furious
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
PP 11s last night - on bubble with 5 left; in SB ($100) with like $500, 2 folds (big stacks with like $2500+ each) - button (~$1500) calls; Hero has got 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - Hero pushes......no choice right?

09-30-2005, 10:54 AM
My question is how you got so low in the first place. I would be pushing last orbit from the button/CO. Also, is the $500 before or after positng the SB? That makes a big difference IMO.

2Fast2Furious
09-30-2005, 11:48 AM
good question. $500 was before BB, so I had less than 10x big blind easily and felt I had to make a move.

Lately my play seems so random. I'm two tabling with one screen and it's tough sometimes IMO which I think most posters would laugh at. But anyway, last night I did 3 STTs and finished 4th, 4th, 5th which sucks and tells me I'm not being agressive enough 6-handed or less. I tend to stay pretty tight even 5-handed to let the other guys battle it out - at that level it's still a toss up half the time unless you get a premium hand. I don't play stuff like A-6o in general here and make big raises with it, although certainly 4-handed I'll do it with A-5 suited, J-10 etc.

Maybe it's variance bc I've won 3 out of the last 10 MTTs I've played, but I seem to always be coming into the bubble with like 600 or less, and have trouble loosening up. Sure with 4 left I know what to do and playing one-on one is usually pretty straightforward on the 11s where I seem to dominate, but getting ITM has been tough the last few games.