PDA

View Full Version : K5o Blind Defense against LAG

fatpants
09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Villain here was very LAG-- I am very confident I am ahead the whole way here. Anyone pull the trigger on an earlier street, or is this a good slow play?
Thanks
FP

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>.....

09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
You flop 2 pair against a "very LAG" and wait until the river to raise?

I get out my shovel and use it to start piling chips in the pot.

If it was a decent player, then I like ure line better, because that board kinda sucks in terms of their likely hand range. Tho I would still raise the turn, because most 5/10 players are still bad enough to call down with lots of worse hands, and that queen also puts lots of reasons for someone to call an extra bet to see the river. Also with many of their weaker hands they puss out and check/call or check/fold the river. So the turn is still your best chance to get some more money.

09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, definetely raise the turn. It's a LAG and one of their characteristics is that they like to raise and reraise.

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
depending on reads, I will either raise the flop so that can 'pwn' me on the turn with a checkraise, or I will raise the turn. waiting till the river is good when you can expect to be behind a significant portion of the time, or want to extract the most value from a hand that would be scared of the board. against players who give excessive action, it often costs you money, especially with a hand as good as two pair in an SB/BB situation