PDA

View Full Version : Typical AJ hand; misplayed on every street?

kenberman
09-30-2005, 08:42 AM
UTG is unknown.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Poldi
09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Preflop is bad, either reraise or fold. You dont want to play this hand 3way OOP.
Flop is good.
The K sure is scary, the action depends on villain. He is unknown so assume he is a typical 5/10 guy. I think he bets almost every time when you check to him, seeing that you are afraid of the king and hoping to take it down. Depending on the river card you can then bet-fold if you can fold to his raise (he is less likely to bluff on the river, especially given your weird play, I feel uncomfortable in these spots though) or check-call if you cant. I m not sure which one is best, check-calling turn and river looks very weak though.
Hands like this one are troubling me, you want to show this hand down but the K is so scary you dont wanna pay 3 from the turn on when behind.

MoDOH
09-30-2005, 09:50 AM
IŽll just 3-bet and lead the Turn if called. If capped I call down and make a note of what villain had.

09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
You gotta 3bet this preflop. If it was 6-handed I'd fold.
Then If he calls your 3-bet, you lead flop. If he caps, you c/r flop. Hand is much easier to play this way imo.

But given your coldcall preflop, I think I play it the same.