PDA

View Full Version : how badly did I mess up each street (and preflop)?

RichieRich
09-30-2005, 08:14 AM
villain is 30/17 and did not have a problem raising light. notes on me - I need to get to showdown less, and prob need to fold more. Did I screw this one up start to finish? I'm new here so this may be completely out of wack ...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

MoDOH
09-30-2005, 08:25 AM
looks fine actually...

Poldi
09-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Preflop is close, default for me is a fold but if villain is stealing 40% its okay.
Flop bet is standard although when I think about it there probably is nothing that he folds here for one bet. His raise doesnt tell you much, his most likely holding is 2 overcards but he really might be ahead with an A and like his additional gutshots outs.
Turn gives you a flush draws but is tainting your J-outs.
I like the check-call, you want to see the river and would have to pay off a raise which might just be a free showdown play so you are better off just going 1 bet here, its unlikely he ll fold to a donk.
River is nice, giving you the 3rd-nutflush. He probably will check behind Ace-high or a pair of Queens/Nines and you dont want him to do that, so you have to bet. The problem is that he is raising light so he might be capable of bluffraising this river. I doubt you can believe him enough to fold here, bet/call seems to be the right play.
If I reraise this preflop (which I dont unless he is real aggro, I think he needs to be a bit more aggro than this guy), I would have played the hand exactly the same.

MoDOH
09-30-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that he is raising light so he might be capable of bluffraising this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would be bad because...