PDA

View Full Version : I see your Alan Embree....

kyro
09-30-2005, 07:11 AM
and raise you Mike Stanton (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2175951).

Maybe it's just me. But this seems plain stupid.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't think it's just you.

I don't mind so much if I thought he was just going to be used to get a few lefties out and that's it. I'm not familiar with the prospects involved. But I heard Francona on TV last night talking about his "effective cutter against righties," saying that Stanton had been effective against righties "in certain spots," and they would have to try to find those spots on the fly. That doesn't sound good to me. I look at his #'s vs righties this year and don't want to see him face one. Granted, I haven't seen him pitch much.

He may just be here for Giambi.

andyfox
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Embree is horrible. I'd rather have Stanton. I imagine the Yankees will go to Leiter against Ortiz rather than Embree, since they'll have Wright and Chacon available, one would think, for long relief.

I can't believe he would use Stanton against Sheffield or A-Rod. But who knows. Maybe you're right, just Giambi (or Matsui).

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe he would use Stanton against Sheffield or A-Rod. But who knows. Maybe you're right, just Giambi (or Matsui).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm hoping, just Giambi/Matsui. If Stanton faces Sheffield or ARod for any reason but to intentionally walk them to get to a lefty, I may have to personally kneecap Terry Francona.

And you're right, Embree's toast, has been all year. At least Stanton is somewhat effective against lefties, Embree is just about useless.

brettbrettr
09-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Here's to hoping Giambi has as much trouble with the lefty this weekend as he did last night. Umm, that was sort of scary.