PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many Americans make Canada jokes?

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 06:34 AM
100% serious. Is it jealousy?

rJ

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 06:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it jealousy?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best Canada joke I've heard in a while.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

If Canada was a kid, it would be the big fat kid in every school that's not too bright and always picked last for sports.

Dynasty
09-30-2005, 06:39 AM
We sort of think of Canada as the 51st state. Or, perhaps as America-lite.

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 06:40 AM
I think you mean its the country thats thought of in much higher regard than the US by other countries.

So its the popular kid everyone else really likes, instead of the bully fat kid who scares people into saying they like them.

rJ

haakee
Because it pisses Canadians off much more than it should. And that is entertaining.

waffle
I don't know, I think the Canada jokes are almost as witty as the France ones. <font color="white">::rolls eyes::</font>

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you mean its the country thats thought of in much higher regard than the US by other countries.

So its the popular kid everyone else really likes, instead of the bully fat kid who scares people into saying they like them.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. That fat stupid kid is always nice to the other kids so he doesn't get beat up. No harm if he thinks he's popular.

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because the United States is the only country in the world that can do whatever it wants without the support of the international community (not that I'm saying we should, that's something for politics, I'm just making the point).

billyjex
09-30-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Good one, Eh!

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's because the United States is the only country in the world that can do whatever it wants without the support of the international community (not that I'm saying we should, that's something for politics, I'm just making the point).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say it. And God I hate that term... "international community".

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

LOL. Good one, Eh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Im West coast. You don't hear any of that here. The city I live in is actually a target for American call centers because we are said to have no accent.

rJ

Beer and Pizza
09-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Here's a serious reply:

When America invited Canada to join us and be free of the British, they chose to remain a colony over freedom.

How can we respect that?

Canadians are Submissive Losers. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Skeme-
09-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Someone get this bitch a hockey stick.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL. Good one, Eh!

[/ QUOTE ]
Im West coast. You don't hear any of that here. The city I live in is actually a target for American call centers because we are said to have no accent.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what we tell the Indians too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 06:52 AM
I didnt mean no Canadian accent. I meant no accent.

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I know.

rusty JEDI
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had my first game of the season last Sunday, and the ass schedule doesnt have us playing another until this Tuesday.

rJ

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what other kind of accent would you have?

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what other kind of accent would you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it is the form of English that would be most easily understood by all other English speakers.

rJ

TheTROLL
09-30-2005, 07:33 AM
Can't be jealously - it says here (http://www.economist.com/theworldin/international/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3372495&amp;d=2005) the US is a fractionally better place to live than Canada. But it seems you actually need to live in Ireland.

Nice to see the UK just pipped South Korea for 29th place. Sheesh....

09-30-2005, 07:48 AM
because they are slightly different

jakethebake
09-30-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because they are slightly different

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Kind of like the Mormons.

TheMetetron
09-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Honestly, does this really require an explanation?

It's Canada... like seriously, is that even a real country?

MelK
09-30-2005, 10:21 AM
You're from Canada, eh?

I didn't know so many eskimos played online poker.

Did you get your first snow yet? I hear the first snow kills off all the mosquitos.

siccjay
09-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Because Terrance and Phillp made all our kids say dirty words.

Shajen
09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't believe I've ever made a Canadian joke, fwiw.

Does this make me lame?

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, everyone has an accent. I know what you're trying to say, though. Lots of American news stations hire Canadians to read the news. Their accent is the easiest to understand for the widest range of people.

theben
09-30-2005, 10:32 AM
because canada sucks!

newfant
09-30-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have Internet up there?

My main beef with Canada is that you guys are pussies. Jesse Ventura and two other Navy SEALS could likely eradicate your entire population.

Speaking of which, do you have pro wrestling up there? Has Canada ever even produced a pro wrestler? 'Nuff said.

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My main beef with Canada is that you guys are pussies. Jesse Ventura and two other Navy SEALS could likely eradicate your entire population.

Speaking of which, do you have pro wrestling up there? Has Canada ever even produced a pro wrestler? 'Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the entire Hart family?

TheTROLL
09-30-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My main beef with Canada is that you guys are pussies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, real softies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington)

ThaSaltCracka
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
because most Canadians are pretentious know it alls.

That being said, I guess that isn't much different from Americans, except we have sunshine, nice beaches, and bitchin sports.

USA USA USA /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beer and Pizza
09-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, real softies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, first the Americans burned York (the capitol of Upper Canada), then the Canadians cried for help from the British, who burned Washington.

The Canadians burned nothing.

CCass
09-30-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 1st mistake is assuming we care what other think.

09-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I never really noticed any Canada bashing until that South Park movie came out. Then the Canada bashing seemed to get very trendy.

JayLear
09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Because Canada jokes are funny?

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
I think Canadians make more jokes about Americans than the other way around. Americans just never hear the jokes because they don't have access to Canadian media. Canadians are inundated with American media so they hear the Canada bashing a lot more.

The "jokes" about Canada only started turning hateful when Canada didn't support the US in the "Coalition of the Willing" in Iraq.

Richie Rich
09-30-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
110% serious. No, you maple-sucking, puck-shooting hoser. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2+2 wannabe
09-30-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laugh at how "pro wrestling" determines whether you're a pussy or not

what's next - NASCAR and beating your wife?

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laugh at how "pro wrestling" determines whether you're a pussy or not

what's next - NASCAR and beating your wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just answered the question to show him that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I'm not even a wrestling fan and I knew this.

Oh, and Americans still have Canadians beat in NASCAR and wife beating. Oh, and in murder rate, too.

09-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Why do Canadians Laugh at them?

2+2 wannabe
09-30-2005, 11:34 AM
yeah sorry I wasn't "replying" to you - I knew you were proving his point (however absurd) wrong

JihadOnTheRiver
09-30-2005, 11:38 AM
http://www.arkworld.com/southpark/pics/greetings321.jpg

09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Becaue we hate you.....seriously. We do, however, appreciate you harboring all of our criminals. We either send them to prison or Canada, doesn't really matter.

TheCroShow
09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
i blame the [censored] newfies, they talk like pikies from the movie snatch.

M2d
09-30-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
except we have sunshine, nice beaches...

[/ QUOTE ]
says the man from pacific northwest /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 12:52 PM
We hate Canada because of this stupid [censored] game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling)

offTopic
09-30-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about 86% serious US, right?

drewjustdrew
09-30-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never really noticed any Canada bashing until that South Park movie came out. Then the Canada bashing seemed to get very trendy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right. I used to live near the canadian border (Buffalo) and never heard canadian bashing. Unless you consider mimicking Bob and Doug Mackenzie as mocking canadians. Then you heard it all the time. Take off!

dblgutshot
09-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I don't mind the jokes about Canada. At least they are just jokes. Many Canadians are anti-american and don't joke about the US, but instead just believe they are a lot better than Americans who are all fat and dumb.

Shajen
09-30-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That's about 86% serious US, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.labo-cisco.com/images/lol.gif

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, does this really require an explanation?

It's Canada... like seriously, is that even a real country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that was an intelligent response.

drewjustdrew
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the jokes about Canada. At least they are just jokes. Many Canadians are anti-american and don't joke about the US, but instead just believe they are a lot better than Americans who are all 'fat lazy and stupid'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fat and lazy, yes
Stupid, no

dblgutshot
09-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I just edited my post to remove lazy...i'm really not sure why.

Anyways, whenever I'm in the States I never really notice anything that different from being in Canada other than
a) a lot more black people
b) People don't say thank you as much.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Just light fun. They're so unthreatening in every way, and friendly to the U.S. too, that it carries an absurd sense of fun to joke about them as if they were some crazed or evil imminent threat bent on world destruction and the forcible deflowering of American womanhood or something. I doubt there's anyone who feels like that and probably hasn't been for hundreds of years, but occasionally we even make a movie with the idea because it's easy to get chuckle over "the Canadian menace."

American society has been very warlike for a whole century now, cold wars if not hot ones, aggressively expanding and meddling internationally, and America is sold to its citizens in its every action as a creed about freedom, almost a mission, as much as a country. So we tend to get a little paranoid and sulky when we're not being flat out aggressive, to other countries, and speak as if we're wounded and everyone's against us and our holy mission. Either way, there's a certain absurd "them" and "us" feeling in America that even we realize gets weird sometimes, and Canada just spectacularly doesn't fit the mold. There's no conceivable way they could be "against us."

So it's funny to apply the cold war paranoia type rhetoric to a country that really is about as threatening and terrifying to us as a puppy.

It's kind of like teasing or joking about your brother, the one you actually like, or your buddy. Of course it's stupid, and it may be annoying at time, but actually got a spirit of fun and friendship to it.

I can't imagine any other country I'd rather have on our borders.

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Just so you know, we're planning. (http://invadecanada.us/)

BoogerFace
09-30-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do Canadians tell so many newfie jokes?

And what kind of jokes do the newfies tell?

dblgutshot
09-30-2005, 01:11 PM
newfies make fun of fish.
Then they inbreed.

drewjustdrew
09-30-2005, 01:13 PM
2% blacks in Canada to 13% blacks in U.S. per census data.

You're welcome.

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 01:15 PM
I don't get it. Who are you thanking and what are ou thanking them for?

drewjustdrew
09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I was giving a "you're welcome" in advance. I just assumed I'd get a thank you from dblgutshot. They say that alot up there evidently.

dblgutshot
09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
THANK YOU

drewjustdrew
09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
See

Blarg
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't be jealously - it says here (http://www.economist.com/theworldin/international/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3372495&amp;d=2005) the US is a fractionally better place to live than Canada. But it seems you actually need to live in Ireland.

Nice to see the UK just pipped South Korea for 29th place. Sheesh....

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely like those evaluations. The potential for bias is overwhelming.

For instance, many people like heat, even tremendous heat, a whole lot, so some places get huge points for hot weather. Now, if you don't like hot weather, especially year round(like me), the "always hot" isn't a plus at all, it's the opposite.

Social class makes a big difference, too. Some places are much easier to live in when you are rich, some when you are poor, and the middle class, whatever passes for one, can have their prospects evaluated in so many ways that it can be almost impossible to state coherently what makes for a "good" life for them, and where, and why. People just value things very differently. And almost always extremely prejudicially through the filter of their own backgrounds, overlooking or denying good things about ways of getting things done and overvaluing whatever it is they are used to or favors them and their social class.

All you have to do is bring up the issue of national health care and you'll have people taking up sides extremely stridently. There's virtually no chance that you'll settle an issue like that and how much it affects quality of life, especially without referencing to what you're used to as if it were the best thing.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, everyone has an accent. I know what you're trying to say, though. Lots of American news stations hire Canadians to read the news. Their accent is the easiest to understand for the widest range of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

The American newscaster accent is supposedly Nebraskan.

09-30-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

slamdunkpro
09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Revenge for William Shatner /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We hate Canada because of this stupid [censored] game. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just an excuse to get together with your buddies and drink in the winter.

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do Canadians tell so many newfie jokes?

And what kind of jokes do the newfies tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked a Newfie friend of mine this once. Their jokes all involve "Mainlanders". There's also a whole bunch of jokes about "Townies" (those that live in their capital of St. John's) and "Baymen" (those that live outside of St. John's)

And there are less than a million Newfies in Canada, so this would be like basing your whole opinion of the US on what you think of people from Mississippi.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I hate to eff up this thread w/ a serious reply, but...

First, I don't make Canada jokes. The only place I've been to in Canada is Montreal, and I've been there a few times, and love the place.

But it seems to me the aggression really started towards Canada when the US National Anthem was booed by Canadians at a few hockey and basketball games. I don't think most Americans really care what foreigners think of our policies, but most of us thought there wasn't much class there, and that it represented hostility not only toward our government, but toward our country in general and everyone that lives in it.

I know that assuming all Canadians think the same way as a few thousand sports fans is about as stupid as thinking all Americans think the same way as the idiots you see on TV. But I do think it may have been a factor in the "Blame Canada" movement.

That and Terrence and Phillip.

krazyace5
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I live in Michigan and have never even heard a canadian joke.

Usually it was always pollock jokes I have heard when it comes to making fun of certain nationalities.

Zurvan
09-30-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

First, I don't make Canada jokes. The only place I've been to in Canada is Montreal, and I've been there a few times, and love the place.

But it seems to me the aggression really started towards Canada when the US National Anthem was booed by Canadians at a few hockey and basketball games. I don't think most Americans really care what foreigners think of our policies, but most of us thought there wasn't much class there, and that it represented hostility not only toward our government, but toward our country in general and everyone that lives in it.

I know that assuming all Canadians think the same way as a few thousand sports fans is about as stupid as thinking all Americans think the same way as the idiots you see on TV. But I do think it may have been a factor in the "Blame Canada" movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, the booing of the National Anthem at hockey games was in Montreal.

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, the booing of the National Anthem at hockey games was in Montreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that Americans don't understand is that they boo the *Canadian* national anthem in Montreal half the time, too.

kem
09-30-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Americans would joke around about Canada less if you guys were a real country. I know, I know, people sometimes say/think that it's a real country, but deep down, everyone knows that "Canada" is just an expression to describe the uninhabitable frozen tundra north of the good ole US of A.

Does this answer your question?

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know. I'm a Bruins fan (don't hate me for that...but we are going to win the division again this year) and I remember not only the booing in Montreal, but actually being at a Boston-Montreal game at the Fleet later that year, and having a recorded announcement from one of the players (Guerin, I think) asking us to be respectful of their anthem (which, to my relief at the time, we were.)

I think the BBall game was the Raptors, I'm not sure tho.

I don't think that was indicative of anything, tho, I just think it might be one of the reasons for the increase in jokes. I was in Montreal again later that same year, and didn't encounter any hostility at all from people who knew I was American. Of course, politics aren't prevalant in strip clubs (thank God!) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

M2d
09-30-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
was that before the Expos became the Nationals? What would happen if the CFL folded?

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The thing that Americans don't understand is that they boo the *Canadian* national anthem in Montreal half the time, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did know that, actually.

I'd make some Montreal Canadiens fans joke here, but I'm still stinging from the last playoff series. So I'll just say, eff em. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
was that before the Expos became the Nationals? What would happen if the CFL folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...that would take care of about all of them. Oh, the Raptors and Blue Jays would have to leave too.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm sure as a percentage that virtually no Americans have any idea who is booing whose national anthem up in Canada.

fatpants
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but we are going to win the division again this year)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely. I think that award goes to Ottawa this year.

PoBoy321
09-30-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] YEAH!!! [censored] CANADA!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! U!S!A! U!S!A!

Zurvan
09-30-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know. I'm a Bruins fan (don't hate me for that...but we are going to win the division again this year)

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't hate you... I kind of pity you, actually.

No way anyone that's not in Ontario wins the Northeast this year.

And by that, I mean Ottawa. Who will fold in the playoffs (again).

astroglide
09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
i basically never hear canada jokes in day to day life

you're on a forum. if it says LOCATION:CANADA people are going to gig you for it. they'd do the same if it said HAIRCOLOR:RED. same reason, which is to say, no reason. it's not a big deal.

HopeydaFish
09-30-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I know. I'm a Bruins fan (don't hate me for that...but we are going to win the division again this year)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least Ottawa won't have to face Toronto this year. No way are that band of stiffs even *making* the playoffs this year. As a result, Ottawa may even have a chance at the cup.

And yes, I know, we should take it to Sports.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] YEAH!!! [censored] CANADA!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! U!S!A! U!S!A!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't understand what this response is supposed to mean. If it is an insult, it is misplaced, and not very well done.

Benal
09-30-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's ignorance.

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Save your pity for someone who needs it. Like, oh I don't know, maybe a Leafs fan. Don't worry, you'll make it back to the finals eventually. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

We'll see how it shakes out w/ Ottawa. I don't think Hasek can be a force anymore.

Mark my words now, the Bruins will win their 3rd NE division title in four seasons this year.

scotty34
09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Had my first game of the season last Sunday, and the ass schedule doesnt have us playing another until this Tuesday.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You are at UBC right? Are you playing intramurals? If so, for what level and team?

kem
09-30-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.. Just from reading this post, I knew you were Canadian (before your location confirmed it).

The whole US vs Canada thing reminds me of a joke:

A Georgia Tech student and an MIT student find themselves sitting next to each other on a plane. The Georgia Tech student turns to the MIT student and says, "You know, at Georgia Tech, we consider ourselves the MIT of the South." The MIT student replies, "That's funny, because at MIT we don't consider Georgia Tech."

rusty JEDI
09-30-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You are at UBC right? Are you playing intramurals? If so, for what level and team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated so im back in my hometown.

rJ

Frequitude
09-30-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the first pro wrestling organizations got started in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with Stampede Wrestling. It was started by Stu Hart, father of Brett and Owen...all canadians.

Hamish McBagpipe
09-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Grew up in Calgary. Dad took me to Stampede wrestling at the old Corral a few times. Never missed it on TV on saturday afternoons. The entire damn Hart family wrestled on it at one point or another. Keith Hart, who had a decent career, was also a substitute teacher and he came to our school, in about grade 5 and put some kid in his patented sleeper hold till the kid was out.

Remember this guy?

http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesC/cubanassassin.jpg

The immortal Cuban Assassin. With Bad News Allen.

threeonefour
09-30-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize canadians are americans right? as well as anyone from north or south america?

i don't think many american's make fun of canadians and when they do they mostly do it in a good humored way.

in all honesty its usually not very easy to tell the difference between someone from canada and someone from the united states. which is why it is funny to make fun of them. there isn't a country that is more similar to us, that i can think of at least. The biggest cultural difference i can think of is that they have almost no hispanics.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 08:32 PM
And way more Asians in some places, from what I understand. Vancouver, right?

BusterStacks
09-30-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is very true. I thought I was the only one who was FLOORED by the amount of asians.

Oh, and quit picking on America Jr.

krimson
09-30-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Asians fill up pretty much any rich areas. I used to live in a fairly expensive suburb in winnipeg and it's like 30-40% asian at least. You can tell because of the honda accords and bmw's in the driveways.

scalf
10-01-2005, 02:03 AM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif eh..

ya gotta ask?

nm

gl

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Clarkmeister
10-01-2005, 02:11 AM
We think your absurd tax rates and generally socialist policies are a joke and the absurd French Canadians and their schtick don't do you any favors in our eyes either. Plus, it's fun to make fun of those with an inferiority complex.

InchoateHand
10-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Not to mention we are jealous of your politics and health care.

And your bobbly heads.

theben
10-01-2005, 02:33 AM
I could conquer canada and i'm 5 foot 3, 130 lbs

Tuco
10-01-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We think your absurd tax rates and generally socialist policies are a joke and the absurd French Canadians and their schtick don't do you any favors in our eyes either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess its just a difference of opinion. We think your lack of compassion for the poor in the US is a joke and absurd. The majority of Canadians don't mind paying higher tax rates in exchange for things such as healthcare and a social safety net.

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, it's fun to make fun of those with an inferiority complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually more fun to read this sentence and chuckle at your insecurity.

Tuco.

daryn
10-01-2005, 03:30 AM
whoa! you just TOTALLY ONE UPPED HIM DUDE!

he thought HE was the one making fun,.. but in the end, it's YOU that is chuckling at HIM!

LOLZ

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Guess its just a difference of opinion. We think your lack of compassion for the poor in the US is a joke and absurd. The majority of Canadians don't mind paying higher tax rates in exchange for things such as healthcare and a social safety net.

[/ QUOTE ]

we here in the U.S. don't like paying for people that don't work.

10-01-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and then complain when these desperate people hold us up at gun point

dibbs
10-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Hey that almost went in, you can be the center, eh?

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2005, 03:47 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Edge34
10-01-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quickly headed to Politics, but there ARE options besides SHOOTING PEOPLE AND ROBBERY...you know, like getting a [censored] job, or a G.E.D., or at least puting down the crack pipe and considering the aforementioned options.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Canada jokes are funny, eh?

How do you spell Canada? "C-eh-N-eh-D-eh"...LOLZ!!!11!!one! I know...its old... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tuco
10-01-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
stfu, your attempt at a witty comeback blew about as abad as a poor crack whore suckig dick for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats with the hostility? It's actually a very good point.

You don't think there is a corelation between a higher percentage of poor people and crimes such as robbery?

Tuco.

10-01-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]stfu, your attempt at a witty comeback blew about as abad as a poor crack whore suckig dick for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry about your night. you get what you pay for.

10-01-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but there ARE options besides SHOOTING PEOPLE AND ROBBERY...you know, like getting a [censored] job, or a G.E.D.,

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's what they're doing.

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stfu, your attempt at a witty comeback blew about as abad as a poor crack whore suckig dick for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think there is a corelation between a higher percentage of poor people and crimes such as robbery?

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]your nyperbole is ridiculous. i have never been held at gupoint by the poor, altough I have met people who were dirt poor. I don't see why we should have to help either of them.

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there ARE options besides SHOOTING PEOPLE AND ROBBERY...you know, like getting a [censored] job, or a G.E.D.,

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's what they're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, you are funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

waitm are you serious?&gt;

10-01-2005, 04:06 AM
no /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tuco
10-01-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have never been held at gupoint by the poor, altough I have met people who were dirt poor. I don't see why we should have to help either of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't. We choose to. Thats the difference of opinion I was talking about.

Tuco.

10-01-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have never been held at gupoint by the poor

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this does seem to be relatively rare nowadays. I was just using it as a quick encompassing example of crime in general.

ThaSaltCracka
10-01-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this does seem to be seem to be relatively rare nowadays. I was just using it as a quick encompassing example of crime in general.

[/ QUOTE ]true, ut to be honest, i am more worried about a billionare stealing a couple millions people money then I am some poor person stealing one persons money.

HopeydaFish
10-01-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this does seem to be seem to be relatively rare nowadays. I was just using it as a quick encompassing example of crime in general.

[/ QUOTE ]true, ut to be honest, i am more worried about a billionare stealing a couple millions people money then I am some poor person stealing one persons money.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the poor person would get the real jail time. Up until recently, the rich guy stealing billions would get a slap on the wrist.

That being said, in this regard Canada isn't much different than the states. Our rich guys don't tend to go to jail for long, either.

Felix_Nietsche
10-01-2005, 09:59 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Seriously, I have never heard a Canadian joke. Maybe because I live in Texas.

nicky g
10-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Because people tend to make fun of people in less powerful neighbouring countries/regions etc. Witness England/Ireland, France/Belgium, Dublin/Kerry and so on.

Lawrence Ng
10-01-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We think your absurd tax rates and generally socialist policies are a joke and the absurd French Canadians and their schtick don't do you any favors in our eyes either. Plus, it's fun to make fun of those with an inferiority complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH Clarky.

Our socialist policies and absurd tax rates never landed 4 of our commercial jet liners into our buildings and soil.

HEY CLARKY! YOU'RE RIGHT - IT IS FUN TO MAKE FUN OF THOSE WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEXES!

Lawrence

HopeydaFish
10-01-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
:)
Seriously, I have never heard a Canadian joke. Maybe because I live in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many Mexican jokes have you heard?

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your solution to prevent robbery is to just give the robber the money without him asking for it? Sure, it's technically not robbery anymore, but the end result is the same, isn't it?

Tuco
10-02-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your solution to prevent robbery is to just give the robber the money without him asking for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Tuco.

10-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Look, some people do indeed abuse social assistance. But overall, having a safety net in place for legitimate circumstances is a much better scenario for society as whole than to be without one. Which is exactly why it's in place.

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your solution to prevent robbery is to just give the robber the money without him asking for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Since we have a difference of opinions should I start hurling insults at you now, I hear that's what they do in Canada. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tuco
10-02-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Since we have a difference of opinions should I start hurling insults at you now, I hear that's what they do in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are implying that I "hurled insults" at you or anyone else in this thread for having a difference of opinion, please point them out. I did tell one guy that he was insecure, but that hardly qualifies.

Tuco.

JonPKibble
10-02-2005, 12:31 PM
http://www.niagaradutyfree.com/images/labattblue.jpg

Clarkmeister
10-02-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Our socialist policies and absurd tax rates never landed 4 of our commercial jet liners into our buildings and soil.

[/ QUOTE ]

And our more sensible policies and tax rates also never caused any such problems. You seem very angry. Why is that?

Lazymeatball
10-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Sorry, Sarcasm does not work well over the internet. I should have said "that's what people in the politics forum do." It was a bad joke in an attempt to end the debate because I do not feel like starting a long trolling argument, which I can be very temtped to do sometimes. The Good news is the NHL is starting. Go Leafs.

dblgutshot
10-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Leafs suck