PDA

View Full Version : September Goals Thread Recap

Exitonly
09-30-2005, 04:48 AM
September Goals thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=3311691&Forum =f9&Words=Goals&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3289791 &Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval= 1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3 311691)

So how'd you guys do?

---

for me:

[ QUOTE ]
August was first month of playing MTT's full time..
and over 197 tournaments had a ROI of 57%.. but that was skewed by 18 "big" (>$100 buyin) where i couldn't cash in any.

excluding those had ROI of 150%, ITM 15%, and FT% 7.

I would be happy if i can repeat in September, and really happy if i can make a dent into those "big" tournaments.

so.. Main goal: Repeat August
Side goal: Cash (FT!) in >$100 MTT

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat august goal: My ROI not counting 'big' tournaments = 175%, my ROI including them = 47%. (and ROI for micro buyins was a whopping 940%). So repeat august accomplished.

Cash in 'big': I cashed in two, and tonight almost got the FT which coud have put me in the black, and made my month soooooooooooooooooo much cooler. But alas.

So i reached my goals, how bout you guys?

I'll post an October goals thread later today.

nath
09-30-2005, 05:56 AM
I didn't post in that thread-- and I haven't begun keeping detailed statistics-- but I definitely have exceeded all expectations.

I was for all intents and purposes broke in early August, but I put together a small bankroll and managed to pull in my first MTT win about a week into the month. ($11, ~$850) I followed it up with another one week later ($22 6-seat, ~$850 as well). So I had a bit of a bankroll and was optimistic heading into September.

In September I added two more wins, a cash in the UB $125k, and five other final tables (including 3rd in the UB afternoon $109 last week for $1200-- my biggest cash yet). I don't know my ROI or ITM% but I haven't been playing heavily so it is probably higher than I have any right to expect.

Maybe I run g00t lately but I also feel like my game has moved up a level. Either way, I've made enough to pay for this semester's college tuition, am in no worries on living expenses, and still have a healthy bankroll (for my stakes).

Mostly I posted because I wanted to share my recent success with the whole forum, because it has definitely been a key component to my success. So thanks for the ideas, insights, and dialogue.

I haven't set any specific goals for October because I don't know how frequently I'll get to play, but reading the September thread has inspired me. Perhaps I shall after all.

09-30-2005, 06:20 AM
My goal was to move from the .5/1 limit game to start playing sngs and mtts most of the time. I went on a massive rush on Sngs, pushed my roll to about 450(started with 250), and then lost my groove and roll thanks to some bad luck witht he MTTs. i'm down to about 170 something. goal for oct. is to start playing well enough to steadily increase my roll.

09-30-2005, 06:35 AM
my new goal is to be able to skim 50-100 a day off of my br, most of the profit coming from SNG's which are funding my MTT pursuits. If I can hit a 500-1k cash, I'll pull out some, but leave a big enough br so I can play the bigger mtts.