PDA

View Full Version : My dry spell is officially over

RollaJ
05-16-2003, 08:54 AM
As I mentioned in a recent post I was in the middle of a dry spell, Over the past 2 weeks I had been down about $150 (and that is after collecting about $250 in bonuses /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif )
Well 3 days ago I won $120, 2 days ago I won $90 and yesterday I officially ended my bad streak when I booked my biigest online win in a session.
I only played for an hour and a half or so, I was seated at a 2-4 table and a 3-6 table and booked a win of $450 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . Ive never been hit over the head by the deck so damn hard. Not only did I make some monster hands, but had people playing back at me /forums/images/icons/smile.gif .
Well I doubt anyone cares, but I had to tell someone, and telling non players just isnt the same......

I Love UB! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Mike Haven
05-16-2003, 09:06 AM
good man, rollaj - keep it up, as they say in the business

which reminds me - didn't i see you in a film recently? didn't you play a bit part?

RollaJ
05-16-2003, 10:04 AM
TY for the kind words.

As for my film career its getting tough in my old age, people are noticing that I look like a fat hedgehog, and I havent been able to get it up since the early eighties. My one saving grace is that I am a bigger presence on screen in a flacid state than most of these newcomers when excited /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

WiredPair
05-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Sorry, but I have to cry "foul" here. Way TMI, Ron....er..I mean Rollaj. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

RollaJ
05-16-2003, 11:15 AM
I can be the foul pole....lol /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Hung
05-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Well I doubt anyone cares, but I had to tell someone, and telling non players just isnt the same......

I know how it feels. When I win or lose I like to talk about it. And it feels great when you had a big win. So even if nobody cares I just post it. Most of the people have big wins and big losses, it's part of the game. But online is not the same. You have nobody to talk to. Those at your table don't give a [censored] that you won. So the pnly place to talk about it is on forums.
Well done Rollaj.

beernutz
05-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Oy. I know the feeling. I was having a very good April and May was looking pretty good too when I crashed and burned playing HE the other day. It was embarassing. Three flopped sets and two flopped straights beaten on the river as well as none of my BPs holding up made me question whether I was paying for sins in this or a past life.

Then I decided I wanted to finally earn the FPPs at Stars I needed to get my $120 bonus so I started playing HE on two tables there and again crashed and burned. In the process I wiped out the $120 and then some in a couple hours--ARG--and to add insult to injury I didn't even get all the FPPs I needed.

I then settled down, quit HE--the devil's game, and found a couple of nice Omaha tables to finish out the FPPs and book a decent win. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread but I do like to read this kind of stuff because it helps me put my own situation in perspective.

Now if I can just figure out how fuzzywuzzy makes $900k at Party a year I'll be content.

RollaJ
05-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Ya, it was kind of annoying, and the first period like that which I have hit where I couldnt book a nice win for over a couple of days. It wasnt even losing that was the problem.... the net loss wasnt significant at all. It was the fact that I couldnt win , well it seems Im past that.....I hope its a while till the next "slump"

TimTimSalabim
05-16-2003, 04:45 PM
I try to reassure myself, during a dry spell, that these fluctuations in the short term are necessary, that's what keeps the bad players coming back (and hopefully I'm not one of them /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ).