PDA

View Full Version : New David Gray CD

SossMan
09-30-2005, 03:05 AM
is very good if you are into his style.

yes, i am fully aware that I like pussy music. I'm quite comfortable w/ my tastes thank you.

jason_t
09-30-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm really enjoying it too. I have a bonus track or two not on the in-store album if anyone wants to get that from me, I'd be happy to upload.

tdarko
09-30-2005, 03:28 AM
it kills, i have had it on repeat for about a week now.

MyTurn2Raise
09-30-2005, 03:38 AM
thanks...didn't know he put anything out. My friends no longer work at Borders, so I'm out of the loop.

Admission: I also like pussy music.

uw_madtown
09-30-2005, 01:42 PM
The compositions are pretty awesome, especially for a guy who was always a low-fi do it yourselfer type. His lyrics still bite from time to time though. But by and large, I was pleasantly surprised.

MightyMouse
09-30-2005, 01:56 PM
jasont t i really would like to hear those tunes. how would we go about setting that up???

Matt Jenko
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I have grudging respect after his vocals on Illuminate by Orbital.

LetYouDown
09-30-2005, 02:16 PM
The only thing I don't like about him is the head bobbing he does in concert. He's actually a decent song writer, and some of his tunes are pretty funky. Definitely a fan, although I didn't know he had a new album out. Ever watch the Live at the Point DVD? I thoroughly enjoy it.

SossMan
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I don't like about him is the head bobbing he does in concert. He's actually a decent song writer, and some of his tunes are pretty funky. Definitely a fan, although I didn't know he had a new album out. Ever watch the Live at the Point DVD? I thoroughly enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i have live at the point. pretty good. Funny, I was flipping channels a long time ago (before white ladder came out) and he had a concert that he did in some small SF club that was televised on some public TV station. I couldn't get over his SNL-esque (http://thecia.com.au/reviews/n/images/night-at-the-roxbury-2.jpg) head bobbing. The music was good though, so i looked him up.

I'm over it now.

LetYouDown
09-30-2005, 04:31 PM
It's crazy that he doesn't have chronic neck pain. For some reason, whenever I play one of his songs, I end up emulating the head bobbing and I get dizzy. I really should learn.