PDA

View Full Version : A sign you spend too much time in cardrooms is …

02-04-2002, 06:13 AM
… when you are humming a tune and realize it is one of the more common ringer jingles to a cell phone. Happened to me today.

02-04-2002, 11:31 AM
I'd be screaming, and out of key at that.

I don't think I'll every play there again. Between the cell phones and rude behavior I wouldn't last an hr.

Tell me I haven't totally lost grip with reality. Didn't the big clubs ask people to leave just for using four letter words back in the 80's?

02-04-2002, 01:16 PM
really irrelevant rick,

until you have a van parked in the lot, have changed your legal address to the card club, and refer to it as home, you clearly are not playing enough...get moving pal, it's later than you think...no more whining...back to the game now...what else is there???

gl

02-04-2002, 06:25 PM
I was playing at Hawaiian Gardens with a friend who was down from Vegas. He had left earlier to go back to L.V. When I left, I noticed that I had 3 bottles of water in my car. I called my friend and asked him "is it a problem when you have 3 bottles of water in your car; one from the Bike, one from Commerce, and one from Hawaiian Gardens?".

02-04-2002, 06:30 PM
.........you know 300 people, and all by only their first names or initials.

" oh, do you mean Asian Mike, or Mike T, or Check-raise Mike?"

02-04-2002, 06:46 PM
you have a poker tie-in for everything... i found great poker wisdom in 'The Lord of the Rings' movie, i always try to come up with a poker analogy for different situations i am thinking about, etc.

02-05-2002, 04:56 PM
When I first started to play cards I had a recurring nightmare where there was a monster pot and I had the nuts and A) either I couldn't turn over my cards and the dealer would give me five seconds to do so and I didn't get them over in time and lost the pot; or B) I turned over the cards and they, of course, weren't anything close to what I had when I last looked at them.

I still sleep much better when I lose than when I win.