PDA

View Full Version : too late with adam carolla

Jeebus
09-30-2005, 02:03 AM
So the Adam Carolla show isn't too bad. its basically love line or the man show with no cohost. But now they do the show with no studio audience. So adam tells a joke and pauses for the laugh but there is silence. every now and then a worker chuckles and that is it. It makes him look alittle crazy.
so the question is how important is an audience (or gay ass laugh track) to a comedy show

TheMainEvent
09-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Another misleading poll

imported_CaseClosed326
09-30-2005, 02:16 AM
It is more akword to watch without the audience.

ripdog
09-30-2005, 02:35 AM
I loved The Man Show, his new show sucks donkey balls.

newfant
09-30-2005, 02:47 AM
What time is this show on? Does he have the Girls on Trampolines? That was the best TV ever.

I used to watch the Man Show all the time when it was Adam and that one dude, but stopped after those two fags took over.

PITTM
09-30-2005, 02:04 PM
this show sucks. UNLESS anyone saw the steve-o episode. my friend brought it over on his ipod. apparently steveo had like 15 shots before he went on and spent much of the segment yelling obscenities at the crowd and spitting. he then tipped adam carrolas chair over, broke the table and said, how do you like me now? until they went to commercial and called security. one of the funnier segments ive seen in awhile.

rj

The Goober
09-30-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so the question is how important is an audience (or gay ass laugh track) to a comedy show

[/ QUOTE ]

I've often thought that one of the main reasons that cartoon sitcoms are so popular (simpsons, family guy, king of the hill) is that they never felt the need for a laugh track. It means more content per minute and the jokes can be quite subtle without every one having to be highlighted with laughter.

theben
09-30-2005, 03:50 PM
2 thumbs down

09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
show sucks

09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this show sucks. UNLESS anyone saw the steve-o episode. my friend brought it over on his ipod. apparently steveo had like 15 shots before he went on and spent much of the segment yelling obscenities at the crowd and spitting. he then tipped adam carrolas chair over, broke the table and said, how do you like me now? until they went to commercial and called security. one of the funnier segments ive seen in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

steve o episode (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/steveocorolla.html)

I think that this episode makes a good case for an audience/laugh track. As it stands now, it is a little sad. With a room full of people laughing at him, it might make come across as a little more humorous.

GrandmaStabone
09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
I feel much better about this show now that I know there is no studio audience. I was under the impression that there WAS an audience, and they just didn't find Carolla very amusing.

DasLeben
09-30-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel much better about this show now that I know there is no studio audience. I was under the impression that there WAS an audience, and they just didn't find Carolla very amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! I was almost feeling bad for Adam when I'd hear a chuckle or two and he'd move on to the next joke. I might just be able to watch this show now.

jesusarenque
10-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Steve-O made this show interesting

ackid
10-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Funny as hell!!!!!

(The Steveo clip. Not the show.)

JaBlue
10-14-2005, 03:37 AM
this show is absolutely horrible. I assumed that their was an audience, just that they didn't laugh at his jokes - or maybe that's what a studio audience is - one that laughs at his lame ass jokes.

This show sucks