PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Bruce (and Mat et al)

Cyrus
05-16-2003, 07:19 AM
I think I have been guilty of over-posting and, occasionally, crossing the line of good behavior when exchanging posts with BruceZ, in this and other forums of this website. It would be inappropriate to invoke the reasons that can cause this, and moreover to try to validate them. Reasons are subjective, but the result I think I described fairly in the first sentence.

So apologies to Bruce for causing any bad feelings and/or making him feel insulted or upset. For what it's worth, I consider Bruce to also be a most valuable contributor to this website, which I've been monitoring for quite a while (maybe as far back as monitoring bj21.com). In case the times I've stated this I was not too clear, I wanted to state this as clearly as possible. But even if he was mostly lurking or contributing nothing of value, my expression of regret would be equally strong.

Let me add that any and all writings by me that were perceived as "insults" or "name-calling" towards Bruce, were at best written in good-natured teasing mode, at worst bad humor. It probably didn't always work.

And apologies to Matt and the webmasters, for taking up a disproportionate amount of bandwidth in my exchanges with Bruce. In explanation, I say that one of my favorite ways of learning is to expand every which way (multifurcations!) a subject, even to seemingly unrelated paths. (A Feyerabend man, to be sure!) This, though, can be carried too far, or it may not be the preferable way of discussion for many people, something that should be respected.

This post is not meant to imply that Bruce is an all-Saint (though it is always a possibility that I'm all-Evil!). The shortcomings of Bruce, whatever they may, are something for him to ponder or try to correct. This post is merely a sorry post...

Take care.

--Cyrus

John Cole
05-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Called me a "sophusanus," a word with which I'm not familiar, so it might have been an insult, too. I'm not trying to be a wise ass here, but could you tell me what it means before I demand an apology.

Thanks,

John

Cyrus
05-17-2003, 01:02 AM
"Called me a sophusanus a word with which I'm not familiar, so it might have been an insult, too. I'm not trying to be a wise ass here, but could you tell me what it means before I demand an apology."

It means exypnokolos. Satisfied?

One has to be inventive (lexiplastis) in this game.

John Cole
05-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Jeez, just when I thought I had "sophusanus" figured out.

MMMMMM
05-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Cyrus, due to your originality and overall good-natured sincerity I would personally give you a pass on probably any posts you have thus far made regarding anything or anybody. Of course I might have missed a thing or two. John Cole is a different matter however for there is really apparently nowhere he has ever required a pass.