PDA

View Full Version : batteries,bunnies and longevity

tdarko
09-30-2005, 01:23 AM
do certain batteries last longer than others or is it all marketing? i am asking this because when i go to the store i buy energizer b/c that bunny has been going for a long time /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

is there something i have missed? do certain batteries last longer than others or are they all basically the same?

Los Feliz Slim
09-30-2005, 01:23 AM
I thought this post was going to be about a vibrator.

09-30-2005, 01:29 AM
ah yeah, they're called rechargable. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

j/k. seriously though, they will save you a lot of coin in the long run.

tdarko
09-30-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this post was going to be about a vibrator.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is kind of why i titled it this, if i made it just "batteries" then maybe nobody would every open it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tdarko
09-30-2005, 02:02 AM
what about non-rechargable such as energizer and duracell etc? is their a difference amongst this group?

09-30-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what about non-rechargable such as energizer and duracell etc? is their a difference amongst this group?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is, I imagine it's miniscule. But they certainly last longer than their lower-price-range counterparts.

siccjay
09-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Someone I know bought like 20 double A batteries at a flea market for a dollar or some crazy price like that.

They lasted 30 seconds in a digital camera.

ChipWrecked
09-30-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I worked in camera stores, I saw lots of leaky Duracell batteries. I rarely saw an Energizer that had leaked. Therefore I avoid Duracell like the plague, they suck.

Your mileage may vary.

tonypaladino
09-30-2005, 05:44 AM
For most common houshold uses (remote control, shower radio), the difference is negligable.

Most brand names are probably a higher quality than junk store specials.

Regarding the poster that mentioned leaky duracells, Duracells are comonly counterfeited, and are crappy "value-cell" or whatever batteries with fake labels. Duracells shouldn't be trusted unless they are bought from a major retailer.

ChipWrecked
09-30-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Duracells shouldn't be trusted

[/ QUOTE ]

I make life simple and buy Energizers.

tdarko
09-30-2005, 11:31 AM
so i did good trusting the bunny?

imported_The Vibesman
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
I've used both in lots of different devices for years, and Duracell lasts longer than Energizer, and I don't think it's really even close. Try an experiment yourself, use one then the other and keep track of how long they run your vibrator for.

Even the advertising pretty much spells it out. Duracell tells you flat out, nothing outlasts duracell. We are the longest lasting battery on the market, period. What does Energizer say? We keep going and going...we won't make a comparison tho, because we don't want to get sued for false advertising...oh here's a cute bunny!!!

If you're buying Energizer batteries constantly you are wasting money.

I've been using Duracell exclusively for 10 years and never seen a leaky one.

09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
The swap 20 packs or the 4-8 packs in the dollar store work fine for me, unless it's something that loves juice(IE digital camera, led flashlights my 16 d cell boombox, my GF with the lawnmower vibrator, ect.. you get the idea)