PDA

View Full Version : K5o blind steal vs. TAG

joker122
09-30-2005, 01:15 AM
villian here is mentallyunstable - he's like 26/20/2.5 or something.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

09-30-2005, 01:25 AM
i typically don't 3bet the flop in this situation.

since everyone thinks you're FOS in these spots anyway, his flop raise usually isn't a king and it's more for information than anything else. if you 3bet and lead the turn he's got you pegged on top pair and will probably fold his weaker holdings. but if you stop and go, it usually confuses him into making a bad calldown. also, you save a sb the times when he calls the 3bet looking to pop you on the turn.

i don't know if it's right, but it's something i've been doing and it's been working well for me.

sure looks like you're beat here but i'd have a tough time laying it down.

joseki
09-30-2005, 01:25 AM
...doesn't try to steal w/ K5o. Assuming the devil did it for him, hero calls down after being raised on flop. Just my opinion, but I think you're way ahead or way behind.

09-30-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...doesn't try to steal w/ K5o. Assuming the devil did it for him, hero calls down after being raised on flop. Just my opinion, but I think you're way ahead or way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, especially against a tricky fucker like mentallyunstable. he's gonna punish you when you're behind and get away cheaply if he whiffs. i'd probably just muck this preflop too.

i'm definitely not calling down after a single flop raise HU w/ top pair though.

joker122
09-30-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm definitely not calling down after a single flop raise HU w/ top pair though.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

09-30-2005, 09:26 AM
the OP said he just wanted to call down after he got raised on the flop. your hand is way to strong to just check/call down here.

dave44
09-30-2005, 04:39 PM
This is a very strong line from your opponent. I may call down with a stronger kicker, but this looks like a safe fold.