PDA

View Full Version : BB special against moran

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Villain = lag. He checks occasionally, but very rarely and shows down too much. Stats: 70/30/2.5. So am I sexy?

Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

-Craig

09-30-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So am I sexy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when he 3 bets.

09-30-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So am I sexy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not when he 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

New001
09-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Too many crubs for me to get sexy, but he sounds goonish enough for it to work.

09-30-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

So am I sexy?

Not when he 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me to thank OP for editing his post after I read it and responded.

nervous
09-30-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain = lag. He checks occasionally, but very rarely and shows down too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you tell us reads like this, are you just looking for people to agree with you?

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-30-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

So am I sexy?

Not when he 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remind me to thank OP for editing his post after I read it and responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, you responded in the 30 seconds between me included results and me realizing that I shouldn't include them and fixing it.

tongni
09-30-2005, 04:39 AM
I'd bet here, you miss a lot of value from A or K high, and if he had a pair he would have raised somewhere.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-30-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you tell us reads like this, are you just looking for people to agree with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm giving you my read and why I thought it was the correct play and hoping someone can either tell me otherwise and why or agree so I know it's ok to do in the future.

When you make responses like that, are you just trying make you EPeen look bigger?

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-30-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet here, you miss a lot of value from A or K high, and if he had a pair he would have raised somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't I get a missed club draw to fold, and Khigh too sometimes?

tongni
09-30-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't think K high is folding here. Don't forget you will also be raised a more than negligable amount here as a bluff.

09-30-2005, 05:28 AM
even the most passive person might fold to your CR as even that player will notice that you were just f-ing around with him.

Lurker4
09-30-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt A or K high calls the river on this board; he'd have to be really bad to take that to showdown. All his stats say are that he's LAG, if he had a really high WSD for his VPIP then he might call here w/A or K high.

Lurker4
09-30-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
even the most passive person might fold to your CR as even that player will notice that you were just f-ing around with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain here is a LAG, not passive. And if he does fold to the c/r, then that means either (1) he had a hand he wasn't going to call a bet with or (2) a hand he was just going to call a bet with (and not raise). We either get to induce a bluff or we get the same value had we just bet out, so I think that when we c/r here and he folds, it is likely better than if we had just bet.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-30-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain here is a LAG, not passive. And if he does fold to the c/r, then that means either (1) he had a hand he wasn't going to call a bet with or (2) a hand he was just going to call a bet with (and not raise). We either get to induce a bluff or we get the same value had we just bet out, so I think that when we c/r here and he folds, it is likely better than if we had just bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^
What he said.

nervous
10-01-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm giving you my read and why I thought it was the correct play and hoping someone can either tell me otherwise and why or agree so I know it's ok to do in the future.

When you make responses like that, are you just trying make you EPeen look bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean it like that. You just gave the description of the perfect player to do this against - it's hard to disagree.

Borodog
10-01-2005, 01:43 AM
A LAG is passively calling here" Am I the only one who has alarm bells going off? Did he flop the nuts and 3 bet the river?

A LAG raises a pair in case you have a club. A LAG raises his club draw. Maybe I'm paranoid.