PDA

View Full Version : $400PLO, take a card off?

AllIn3High
09-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Decent party $400 PLO table. Table has gotten a bit weak-passive and the action has dried up a bit. Some hands ago i got AAxx 3 times in a row and raised preflop - took it down twice with a flop bet, lost one time. They probably think I'm FOS now.

I ($692) open-raise pot from UTG+1 w/ K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, bad MP1 ($176) cold calls (as he's done everytime I've raised. He's stuck bad for the night and he's chasing like a mad man). Folded to semi-decent, but predictable, SB ($396) who re-raises pot. MP1 and I call.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, Pot $184)

SB bets $70, Hero takes one off??

(MP1 has $116 left, and can thus not reopen the betting).

I have SB put quite firmly on AAxx. He *might* have KKxx, but I doubt it.

Or should I be raising ? I have a hard time estimating my fold equity here, a lot of these guys haven't learned not to get stacked w/ AAxx.

Ribbo
09-30-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Decent party $400 PLO table. Table has gotten a bit weak-passive and the action has dried up a bit. Some hands ago i got AAxx 3 times in a row and raised preflop - took it down twice with a flop bet, lost one time. They probably think I'm FOS now.

I ($692) open-raise pot from UTG+1 w/ K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, bad MP1 ($176) cold calls (as he's done everytime I've raised. He's stuck bad for the night and he's chasing like a mad man). Folded to semi-decent, but predictable, SB ($396) who re-raises pot. MP1 and I call.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, Pot $184)

SB bets $70, Hero takes one off??

(MP1 has $116 left, and can thus not reopen the betting).

I have SB put quite firmly on AAxx. He *might* have KKxx, but I doubt it.

Or should I be raising ? I have a hard time estimating my fold equity here, a lot of these guys haven't learned not to get stacked w/ AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a 2 card hand, in a 4 card game. Why would you want to take 1 off? The two tens are as near as dead, since one of them puts a flush up. If you think he has nothing, then raise, if you think he has something then fold. Calling is probably the worst of your three options here.

Tilt
09-30-2005, 04:11 PM
If he has the aces with the hearts, both your pot equity and fold equity are terrible. Easy fold.

autobet
09-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Probably a fold here. A ragged board with 32 makes it more likey he will defend with aces, you have a pair in your hand, and there is a player behind you to act.

09-30-2005, 05:55 PM
What are you hoping to happen on the turn here? You stated that your opponent is unlikely to give up the hand to raise and that he likely has a hand that is currently beating you.

So, you are going to throw another 70 into the pot hoping to hit a K, Q or T. Fishing for 8 outs, maybe only 5 if you think hearts are no good, seems rather foolish to me.

I agree with one of the above posters. Calling has to be your worst option here.