PDA

View Full Version : As much as I hate the cold weather

STLantny
09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I do love the fall, this weekend = 70 degree high, 45 low, fire in the pit on the balcolny, j in hand, girl on the way, down comforor out from storage, football on the morning after.

rohjoh
09-30-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I do love the fall, this weekend = 70 degree high, 45 low, fire in the pit on the balcolny, j in hand, girl on the way, down comforor out from storage, football on the morning after.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love fall in southern cali, 95 degrees, 80 low, fire in Malibu canyon, took the fan out of storage, and Colorado st covered by 18...

Blarg
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Temperatures in the 90's, nights not all that much cooler, here in L.A. Santa Ana winds blowing hot from the North, and baby we was born to sweat like a fukin pig. Everything's sticky.

Makes the bug population completely explode, too. Or maybe they just all come indoors. A new fruit fly lands on my left calf every 20 seconds and I think I'm going to go insane. It's like Chinese water torture -- tickle, tickle, tickle. A non-stop barrage of cockroaches does the same thing; they leave an itch behind when I squish them, and sometimes they bite.

Just a few days ago I was loving the relief as the summer was finally starting to give way to the bearable temperatures of fall. Now the air hangs hot, stale, and immobile on me like the unwanted advances of a persistent gay uncle your parents owe money.

I hate the Santa Ana's.

Spaded
09-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Welcome to fire season, so cal! It doesn't cool down here until at least november, then its nice. The only thing bad about the so cal weather are our santa anas, but at least they blow over the cities and into the ocean and don't trap the smog against the mountains like every other season.

Los Feliz Slim
09-30-2005, 01:15 AM
When you can smell the smoke in Hollywood, you know that fire is a mofo.

BCPVP
09-30-2005, 01:20 AM
Bah, cold weather rules!

youtalkfunny
09-30-2005, 01:33 AM
I turned off the AC for the first time since spring today.

I've been waiting SO LONG for that!

This was the longest, hottest summer I can remember.

jason_t
09-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Also very hot today in West Los Angeles. 93F all afternoon although a nice breeze by my apartment (just a few miles inland from the ocean). The girls were all over campus in tank tops and skirts and the evening winds brought in smoke from the fires.

mmbt0ne
09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Bah, cold weather rules!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I'd take cold over hot about 98% of the time.

Of course, this is a GA hot I'm talking about. When I was out in Vegas in August, 95º was downright pleasurable. Dry heat would be a good competitor to cold. However, I was born in Maine, so the blood runs thick. Bring on some snow, fireplaces, and big coats please.

theweatherman
09-30-2005, 02:49 AM
Im a student in washington DC. Coming from upstate NY it is waaaaaaaaaaaay too hot here. luckily the weathe rjust broke and it is a normal temperature onceagain. I ma looking forwards to the snow back home though, as I've been told that it hardly eversnows here.

ChipWrecked
09-30-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, this is a GA hot I'm talking about. When I was out in Vegas in August, 95º was downright pleasurable. Dry heat would be a good competitor to cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in ATL for 14 years; I'll take 105 in Sacramento over 98 in Atlanta any day.