PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 NL not sure about river

McStinky
09-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Maybe this hand is boring, but I'm not sure. Villian was sitting out and just came back, paying the SB and BB. No specific read on Villian, beyond just thinking he is a mediocre player.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($26)
MP ($502)
Villian ($317)
Button ($39)
SB ($222)
Hero ($409)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Villian checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($12) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $4, Hero raises to $16, Villian calls $12.

Turn: ($44) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $25, Villian calls $25.

River: ($94) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $75, Villian raises to 317.10 (All-In), Hero folds.

Big_Jim
09-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Hmm... tricky spot....

First off, I think you want to lead this flop. The flop lead I think lets you know where you're at better, as he will likely just call with a draw

Secondly, bet more on the turn. Likely to be drawing, and makes it less likely he will bluff you.

River is tricky...
With no reads... I think that I like the lead better, because many bad players will call behind with a worse A. Against a aggressive/tricky players, I like a check/call to induce a bluff.

AA, AK, AQ, and 77 seem fairly unlikely, since he didn't raise PF. A7 and 33 are more likely, but it seems like all of these hands would have woken up on the turn.

The only hand that really seems possible here that has you beat is J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif

On the other hand... I really don't know if I can expect an unknown to make this huge overbet bluff often enough to make a call profitable, and I can't think of any worse hands that would expect to be good here.

I put him on J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif or a bad slowplay, lay it down.

elcheapo
09-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Call, he has a random hand and you're really only behind reastically .A7. My guess is Q7 hearts based on how the hand played.

elcheapo
09-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Wouldn't Kings up or queens up (most likely with heart draw) make the same raise on the river putting you on a weak ace or nothing. I can't fear a miracle or slowplay here.

Big_Jim
09-30-2005, 01:44 AM
I was going to say call originally, as you can probably tell by the tone of my post right up until the last paragraph.... but I just don't see overbets like that being worse than Aces up here very often.

I have, on the other hand, seen a lot of bad slowplays.... maybe I'm seeing monsters under the bed here.

Lucky
09-30-2005, 03:48 AM
bet flop, bet turn, check call river. if he raises you all in on turn, i fold. As it is, a bit tougher, but on 2/4, without a read that villain is donk, I prob fold.