View Full Version : 5/10: AQs misses and 2 cold back to me

paperboyNC
09-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Stats
BB is 25/13/.85 after 64 hands
MP2 is 70/23/3 after 20 hands
CO is 45/8/.81 after 60 hands

Absolute Poker $5/$10 <font color="blue">(9 max, 9 handed)</font>

Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="gray">1 fold</font>, <font color="maroon">Hero raises</font>, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="gray">2 folds</font>, BB calls

Flop <font color="blue">(8.5 SB)</font>: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>

BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="maroon">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="maroon">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero?

I checked because it's a scary flop and I don't have position. But I have a backdoor flush draw and two overs that don't make a straight. What's my plan and why?

I'm getting 13.5-2 (enough for 2 overs), but MP2 might 3bet.

gh9801
09-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Since you checked, I'd fold... you have no idea if your overcards are clean

paperboyNC
09-29-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you checked, I'd fold... you have no idea if your overcards are clean

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I checked, but I knew I wasn't going to get 3 folds if I bet, so it's the same as if I had bet and gotten raised, right?

chief444
09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
I'd fold. The check seems fine.

Azhrarn
09-29-2005, 10:01 PM
I think this is a pretty easy fold.

The board is coordinated, and you have multiple opponents that like their hands. Some of the time someone is already going to have two pair or better. And even when they don't, you're going to have reverse domination problems a lot of the time. I think this is really something to watch out for with coldcallers and medium cards on the flop. Loose players just love coldcalling with an ace and a medium card. Finally, because of the coordinated nature of the board, even if you hit one of your pair outs, you're going to have dodge a lot of cards on the river.

Your backdoor flush draw does add some equity, but not enough. The pot odds aren't that attractive, and they could get worse before you see another card.

Nick C
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I would fold here without thinking about the decision very much.

Before that, I don't see much point in betting into three players on this flop.