PDA

View Full Version : 88, what to do?

Crimson
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Empire 1/2 6 handed.

Hero is dealt 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: 1 fold, UTG+1 Raises, Hero CC's, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero Raises, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

I was going to call 1 if he 3 bet and fold the turn UI, and the BB's play was going to affect that as well.

3 bet PF? Just fold the flop? No solid reads, but the typical 1/2 player will autobet any flop if he raised PF. At least that has been my experience.

TeeJayORTj
09-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I would 3bet this PF first to isolate. But with your line I play it the same way. If he 3bets I call and only call the turn if I improve. If he just calls your raise I bet the turn and check behind on the river. Folding to a raise if one comes along. A case could be made for checking behind on the turn but then I feel obligated to check/call the river.

Your line seems fine to me though.

Catt
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Empire 1/2 6 handed.

Hero is dealt 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: 1 fold, UTG+1 Raises, Hero CC's, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero Raises, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

I was going to call 1 if he 3 bet and fold the turn UI, and the BB's play was going to affect that as well.

3 bet PF? Just fold the flop? No solid reads, but the typical 1/2 player will autobet any flop if he raised PF. At least that has been my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play this game so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think you should CC pre-flop. I'd 3-bet or fold depending on PFR and the guys behind me. If you're ready, willing, and able to raise an A-high flop after CCing, I think you ought to be ready, willing, and able to 3-bet pre-flop.

Crimson
09-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Thats what i thought as well. I felt that if I 3 bet, the BB would call anyway, and I didn't want to get capped.

09-30-2005, 12:17 AM
The bb makes a mistakes by callign 2 bets. When your opponents make mistakes, you make money.