PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand at new table - no reads

09-29-2005, 08:35 PM
My thought on the flop raise was to try and knock out the button. Not sure if I played this one right.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2s Kh (two pair, kings and twos).
Hero has Th 3h (two pair, tens and threes).
Outcome: BB wins 5.75 BB. </font>

09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Fold the flop. Pot's small and you're likely to be behind. Avoid trying to get clever in this situation, especially readless.

I think there's an argument for betting the river. Though I'm unsure whether villain will fold any better hands, or call often enough with a worse hand. I'm leaning toward bet/fold as villain's line strongly suggests he holds a K without a club, and I think he'll pay you off enough times with this. Plus there's a slight possibility you will fold a better hand.

shant
09-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't post in MP2. Since you did, raise preflop.

Harv72b
09-29-2005, 10:02 PM
1/2 goes in micros. No big deal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't post in MP2; if you can't post in the CO, wait for the BB.

You can probably fold the flop; yes, there's a chance that BB is betting out with a weaker hand and/or flush draw, but is that going to be the case the around 50% of the time you'd need it to be to justify a raise in this tiny pot? You have to have a pretty firm read on BB as a LAGtard in order to make a raise correct here.

Given your flop action, I play the turn &amp; river the same.

Don't include results in your initial post--it can skew the advice you get. I didn't look at them until after typing this out, FWIW.