PDA

View Full Version : need serious help on bubble play,,,,,,

lilkunta2
09-29-2005, 08:26 PM
party 10+1,,,,,, i didn't think i should fold this hand,,, and after i rasied and was subsequently re-raised all,,, i considered folding but by now i was receiving pot odds of a little better than 4 to 1. what am i to do? fold preflop? just limp andfold to raise? this stage of the tourney is my weakest link for sit and go;s my game is otherwise rock solid. any advice would be appreciated.

***** Hand History for Game 2797510375 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:16183535 Level:6 Blinds(100/200) - Thursday, September 29, 21:22:39 EDT 2005
Table Table 11849 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: lilkunta2 ( $1610 )
Seat 4: tbone_63 ( $2125 )
Seat 5: mcaspe1 ( $590 )
Seat 9: miserable31 ( $3675 )
Trny:16183535 Level:6
Blinds(100/200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to lilkunta2 [ Jh Ks ]
mcaspe1 folds.
miserable31 folds.
lilkunta2 raises [900].
tbone_63 is all-In [1925]
lilkunta2 is all-In [610]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4c, 5s, 2h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5c ]
lilkunta2 shows [ Jh, Ks ] a pair of fives.
tbone_63 shows [ Kd, Qs ] a pair of fives.
tbone_63 wins 515 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of fives with queen kicker.
tbone_63 wins 3220 chips from the main pot with a pair of fives with queen kicker.
lilkunta2 finished in fourth place.

playtitleist
09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Push pre-flop. BB can call your t900 and still be in good position against min-stack if he misses flop and has to fold. If he raises though, you are pot committed as you found out, so you end up with all your chips in anyway.

Push it....and yes, that hand is more than good enough to push.

Nicholasp27
09-29-2005, 08:34 PM
when u have <10bbs, either push or fold

don't raise to 30% of ur stack...u lose Folding Equity and set urself up for opps to come back over u, etc

push here

ilya
09-29-2005, 09:29 PM
you should push or fold this as the others have been saying. you can't fold to a re-raise anyway b/c of the pot odds you'll be getting, and you don't want action with this marginal hand on the bubble, so if you're gonna play, push to maximize the chance that both blinds fold.
i might fold here though if the blinds are loose lunatics like they can often be in an $11.

lastchance
09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
This is a very obvious all-in preflop. 10x BB rule is generally a great guideline. If you have less than 10x BB, just push or fold. And there's no way you can fold KJ in the SB here.

09-29-2005, 09:58 PM
I agree with the push or fold logic, but why not bet 400t as opposed to 900t, which would give you a way out of this hand? The reason being that Seat5 is only two orbits away from being blinded out and next hand will hit with the 200t big blind and most likely be forced to play some very marginal hands that they will most likely lose, which will bump you into the money.

From my perspective Seat5 has push next hand no matter what he has and you would be better off calling his push with anything than crashing into a stack that can knock you out now.

Otherwise, fold the KJo preflop and see what come of the next hand?

I'm open to criticism.

09-29-2005, 10:05 PM
I think I pass on this one. I would push if the blinds were one level higher. I would push if the short stack wasn't quite so short. I would push if the BB was especially tight. But none of these is happening right now. So I fold here.

I think it's good if your instinct is to shove your SB vs BB bubble situations. But it's not always right. Here the shorty is about to eat a round of blinds. I would let him try to cope before I pushed my very small edge (which really might not even exist here).

the_joker
09-29-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the push or fold logic, but why not bet 400t as opposed to 900t, which would give you a way out of this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause that raise looks like you are trying to give yourself a way out of the hand, which will prompt an all-in reraise from the BB. If he just calls and you miss the flop, then what?

I'd push because short stacks have a way of doubling up, and if he does, now you are the short stack and you missed a nice opportunity to steal blinds.

chisness
09-29-2005, 10:09 PM
yes you do

Matt R.
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I would complete, simply because of the guy with 590 in chips. You REALLY don't want to get called by the BB if you push here. And, at an $11, you can expect to get called a lot. The short stack is posting more than 1/3 of his stack next hand, so I would wait before putting all your chips in. And I like limping over folding because there's no reason to think BB will raise your limp without a really solid hand -- unless you have a read on him that tells you otherwise.

09-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I would probably push this. I found a leak in my bubble game btw! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I play too weak tight (again). I played aggressive, then over time I lost some of it.
I just finished 4 out of the money, then 'tilted' on the remaining table. I just went all-in more than I normally would, ITM I went all-in almost every hand, and I won it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

EDIT: I'm not saying that because I won this, I should go all-in every hand, I'm saying I didn't push when I should a lot lately.