PDA

View Full Version : wedding etiquette

oddjob
09-29-2005, 08:21 PM
as a groomsman, are you required to stay the entire reception?

diebitter
09-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Of course. The only exception is you are allowed to sneak off for a little bit to sort out the appropriate bridesmaid.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 08:25 PM
uh, you got somewhere else to be?

09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
shut the [censored] up

oddjob
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just not big on wedding receptions. this is like my 5th wedding this year, and i have another wedding party to attend the next day.

09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just not big on wedding receptions. this is like my 5th wedding this year, and i have another wedding party to attend the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say no or shut the [censored] up

Sephus
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not either but if you're sitting at the head table you're obviously very important to the couple and they might be really disappointed and/or feel really disrespected if you leave early.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shut the [censored] up

[/ QUOTE ]

go [censored] yourself.

09-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Someone said Please be in my wedding party. This is a big day for me and I want you to be part of it.

And you say OK for a hour

[censored] off

Ulysses
09-29-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as a groomsman, are you required to stay the entire reception?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Los Feliz Slim
09-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Depends what you definition of "entire" is. You certainly can't leave before the cake ceremony thingy, but it's not like you have to be the last guy out the door. I think a good rule is that you have to stay until at least 50% of the other guests have left.

oddjob
09-29-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends what you definition of "entire" is. You certainly can't leave before the cake ceremony thingy, but it's not like you have to be the last guy out the door. I think a good rule is that you have to stay until at least 50% of the other guests have left.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds reasonable. it's not like i was planning on bailing an hour in, i was just wondering if i had to be there until the very last of the guests split.

thanks

Ulysses
09-29-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds reasonable. it's not like i was planning on bailing an hour in, i was just wondering if i had to be there until the very last of the guests split.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree w/ LFS.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone said Please be in my wedding party. This is a big day for me and I want you to be part of it.

And you say OK for a hour

[censored] off

[/ QUOTE ]

not only is your sarcasm detector broken your "read his other post in the thread" glasses seem to be missing too.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say at least 75% personally, but it really depends on whether you're seen as leaving "early" and whether the couple cares.

HopeydaFish
09-29-2005, 10:53 PM
You need to stay at least until the bride and groom leave. The last couple of weddings I attended, the bride and groom didn't stick around until the bitter end, and the wedding party left shortly after they did.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-29-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to stay at least until the bride and groom leave. The last couple of weddings I attended, the bride and groom didn't stick around until the bitter end, and the wedding party left shortly after they did.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the answer.

09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However, at my wedding, we closed the place out. Of course, that meant we were stuck with all of our presents, which really sucked (a groomsmen would have been nice to have around). Luckily, we had a car there, but I almost had to put my wife on the roof.

Zurvan
09-30-2005, 09:07 AM
It depends on who's doing the clean up. If the staff at the hall is going to do it, you can leave when the bride & groom do. If they're responsible for the clean up, YOU are actually the one that does it. Bride & groom don't clean - they're wedding party does. The newleyweds have things to do.

touchfaith
09-30-2005, 11:08 AM
only if you give a [censored]