PDA

View Full Version : $55 PP Bubble Play Mid Pair - Raise, Call, or Fold?

LesJ
09-29-2005, 07:28 PM
What would you do with this hand? You can talk about pre-flop as well, if you wish. I wasn't sure about the original call.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2955)
CO (t2250)
Button (t1180)
Hero - BB (t3615)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1100) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t600</font>.
Hero??????

Thanks,
Les

MegaBet
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
IMO, villain's flop bet screams "continuation". If he felt he had the best hand post flop he would surely push.

For villain to win the hand after your push he would need 3 things.

1) He would need a calling hand for all his chips on the bubble. This would be an overpair or trips.

2) He would actually have to decide to call for all his chips on the bubble.

3) He would have to avoid the huge number of outs you have if he calls with said hand.

A read on this guy would help a little. Is he a gambler? Is he tight? How did he come by all his chips? I would push. Worst case scenario you are down to 700 chips, but still have a chance to money.

LesJ
09-29-2005, 09:42 PM
&lt;&lt;&lt;IMO, villain's flop bet screams "continuation". If he felt he had the best hand post flop he would surely push.&gt;&gt;
Not to give away my play (or the results), but that is precisely what I was thinking.

Les