PDA

View Full Version : October Goals post!!

krishanleong
09-29-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm preempting ggbman. (May his run at high limits last forever)

Couple goals this month.

1. 1000 strategy posts in a month.
2. Get in minumum 20 hours per week for the month of October.
3. Get coached by someone new.

Krishan

baronzeus
09-29-2005, 07:02 PM
1) Play 15K hands
2) Make 20K ( i love being results oriented /images/graemlins/wink.gif )
3) Get better, make 25/50+ my main games
4) Stop spewing in the blinds

Victor
09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
sept was my worst month ever. i am up 1k after 30k hands. ugh. at least i can lorb.

my goal is to do better.

scotty34
09-29-2005, 07:10 PM
1. Play at least 15K hands of 3/6 6m.
2. Stop clicking on Micro-Limit and OOT so often and start to use HUSH as my main forum.
3. Make thought out responses and discussion of at least a few HUSH threads each day.
4. Try and determine if I am a good enough player to be beating the 3/6 game (I think I am, but unsure as to how to figure out for sure).
4a. If I'm not, then get that good.

Jeff W
09-29-2005, 07:10 PM
1. Play 100 hours.
2. Play well.
3. Be happy.

krishanleong
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try and determine if I am a good enough player to be beating the 3/6 game (I think I am, but unsure as to how to figure out for sure).

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a coach.

Krishan

krishanleong
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 100 hours.
2. Play well.
3. Be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exellent. Good luck.

Krishan

Jeff W
09-29-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sept was my worst month ever. i am up 1k after 30k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have ~32 hours to avoid chalking up two consecutive losing months.

Jeff W
09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 100 hours.
2. Play well.
3. Be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exellent. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, same to you.

Trix
09-29-2005, 07:18 PM
run good
improve
play enough hours that IŽll be satisfied about it at the end of the month.

scotty34
09-29-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try and determine if I am a good enough player to be beating the 3/6 game (I think I am, but unsure as to how to figure out for sure).

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a coach.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even really thought about this before, or looked into it at all. Would you mind giving me the quick lowdown on how it works?

PokerBob
09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 100 hours.
2. Play well.
3. Be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

4. learn to play the river better
5. do better than this for 10/20......
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6990/sept1hn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

irishpint
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
turn and river play
consistancy w/ multitabling
play each day

09-29-2005, 07:26 PM
get up to 5-10 6max
start posting more and replying to hands

Victor
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
i feel your pain.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/cvnpoka/sept.jpg

Subfallen
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
My goals:

--(1) Nail down 2nd-level thinking so hard that it's part of my autopilot. (Not that I autopilot or anything...*cough.*)

--(2) Refine my understanding of hand values, especially A-high, in blind battles.

--(3) Man up and post a few of those scores of hands that I play really, really bad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

--(4) Start building short-handed notation for players reads more detailed than, "THIS GUY SUCKZ0RS LOLL!!111"

--(5) Be grateful that I finally ran good at 10/20 this month. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and Baron, you do realize that 20k in 15k hands of 25/50 is 2.7BB/100...right?

mcvalenc
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
1. Stop 4-tabling
2. Learn how to play poker (at 10-20 6max anyways)
3. Stop 4-tabling
4. Focus on obtaining strong reads while 1-2 tabling
5. Improve my ability to bet or check the turn heads-up with position correctly
6. Reply and post more on HUSH and not care if I say something wrong or stupid
7. Get a better feel of my table image and adjust accordingly
8. Establish some kind of regular sleep pattern
9. Um, stop 4-tabling

Sporky
09-29-2005, 08:01 PM
put in 40k hands.
run better than i did in september.
study the game more.

krimson
09-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I caught the bug and plan on moving into SH play as my main game in October.

1) Play 15-20k hands of $3/6 (6-max)
2) Play HU tournaments to improve my SH play
2) Read as much on SH play as I can find
3) Work on autohotkey scripts to completely eliminate my need for a mouse while playing, including opening/closing tables and stuff like that.
4) Post hands, or discuss them on #sstakes

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 08:08 PM
1) $3,500 in rakeback ($11k in MGR) at Eurobet.
2) Start propping somewhere (Absolute probably) to supplement income (4 tables of Party, 4 tables of Absolute).
3) Update and complete my sites I've been working on for god knows how long.
4) The above three are to create stable income to protect against months like this...

http://www.moreles.com/sept.gif

Can I join your whiners club for the month Bob? I'm sure many will rejoice in me finally running like super ass.

Thank god for being diversified. Despite all of this, I still broke 5 figures for the month.

nervous
09-29-2005, 08:08 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/timpoker/september510.jpg

at least you guys ended up...

For October:

2 Month Goal (http://17kin60days.blogspot.com/)

... keep pace and keep at 5/10 the whole time.

baronzeus
09-29-2005, 08:10 PM
why are only people with sad graphs posting their graphs /images/graemlins/frown.gif ppl should post happy graphs too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
09-29-2005, 08:14 PM
1) Close aim and 2+2 when I am playing. Any of you that catch me making a post in HUSH or talking to you on aim while playing on one of my tables or seeing me on a table will recieve $50 from me. No cheating and IMing me with something supposedly important that will get me to reply. Limit one person per post.

2) Post about 1/10 as much as I did this month, and stop wasting so much time telling Jason T how much of a n00b he is. <font color="white"> jk dude :P </font>

3) Make more $$$ than ggbman!

NLSoldier
09-29-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sept was my worst month ever. i am up 1k after 30k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! how many hands/month? what limit?

Entity
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Play 25k hands.
Play less on autopilot.
Worry less about results.

dealer_toe
09-29-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a coach.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even really thought about this before, or looked into it at all. Would you mind giving me the quick lowdown on how it works?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reccomendations Krishan? I tried Joe Tall but its been like 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything back from him. If any's interested, PM me.

Goals.
25k hands
post more, and try to explain what I'm thinking.
get ready to move up at some point.
Play 30hrs live.

sthief09
09-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I respect that you post the bad with the good (as opposed to bragging when running good and shutting up when running bad), even when you run bad you find 4 ways to brag

maybe make #5 to stop bragging so much. it's really offputting (is that a word?)

sthief09
09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
fix my [censored] internet

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I respect that you post the bad with the good (as opposed to bragging when running good and shutting up when running bad), even when you run bad you find 4 ways to brag

maybe make #5 to stop bragging so much. it's really offputting (is that a word?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Okay, we'll add stop bragging so much... did I really brag in my post though? I've considered murder this month as a way to cope.

Edit: The only thing I can find even remotely bragging is the 5 figures comment, and this might come off as even more braggy, but that isn't all that great for me. Ok, I'm done.

TeeJayORTj
09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
At least 20K hands at 10/20 and make some kind of money. And try to get a rakeback increase after seeing how much rake 20K hands is now brining in.

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Fold more.

NLSoldier
09-29-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Okay, we'll add stop bragging so much... did I really brag in my post though? I've considered murder this month as a way to cope.

Edit: The only thing I can find even remotely bragging is the 5 figures comment, and this might come off as even more braggy, but that isn't all that great for me. Ok, I'm done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I didnt see it as bragging. I like your style.

<font color="white"> probably because I am the same way... </font>

dcarlc
09-29-2005, 09:00 PM
8,000 -10,000 hands of 5/10 6Max
2.5/100 hands

nbake
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
1. Play 15k hands of 5/10
2. Fold on big streets when I know I'm beat.
3. Post a few hands instead of checking out OOT.

Jeff W
09-29-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! how many hands/month? what limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the losses came at 30/60 and I dropped a couple dimes at 10/20 6-max(after I dropped down two levels to "recover" /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I don't know how many hands I played because they're spread across 3 databases.

I can't complain too much because I don't think I was a huge loser. I might be ~10k down from my all time earnings peak. I'm confident I'll rebound.

billyjex
09-29-2005, 09:43 PM
1) spend more time in here, answer more hands
2) play at least 7k hands a week of 10/20 6
3) get coached by someone

mantasm
09-29-2005, 09:46 PM
1. Don't check account balances all month.
2. Start looking over hands after session.
3. Play 15k hands or so.
4. Put more effort into law school.

GetThere1Time
09-29-2005, 10:12 PM
1)Post more often and make more insightful posts
2)Devote more time to improving my game and not just playing
3)Play/improve until I'm fit to play 10/20 6max

RunDownHouse
09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
For September I missed my hands goal but accomplished my goal of moving up to 5/10. Not there full time, but the biggest hurdle for me is just sitting and playing some hands. So.

October:
1) 10k hands
2) Full time move to 5/10
3) Depending on results, possibly hire a coach.
4) Be more patient.
5) Drink less.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
-Play 30k hands at 3/6 6m with regular shots at 5/10 6m
-Finish Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker
-Keep going to the beach a lot
-Be a better student now that the new quarter at UCLA is starting
-Help my students appreciate complex analysis
-Hook up with my ex's new roommate

donger
09-29-2005, 10:49 PM
1) Play at least 25k hands

2) It's all one big session

3) Keep my house cleaner

4) Play at least 15 hours live

5) Be happy.

6) No AIM/IRC/web while playing

GetThere1Time
09-29-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Hook up with my ex's new roommate

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the nuts if you hook up where your ex lives

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Hook up with my ex's new roommate and post a trip report in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be waiting.

surfdoc
09-29-2005, 11:04 PM
1. $10k from all poker related activity.
2. 30k hands at whatever limit it takes to get #1.
3. run good in the bigger games rather than the smaller games so maybe I won't need number 2
4. piss off my wife less
5. find a way to get my wife to understand that poker income is "real" and that the money will be helpful if she really does try to buy that 2 *picture doctor evil here* million dollar home she has her eye on.
6. AIM off per Soldiers rec
7. try to respond with a few well thought out posts. (this is hard because I type bad and I think even worse)

Catt
09-29-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. find a way to get my wife to understand that poker income is "real"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily solved but the solution is worse than leaving the question hanging. Withdraw and make a purchase. Cry at your smaller BR. Cry more when she asks you how "that poker thing" is going 10 weeks hence.

TStoneMBD
09-29-2005, 11:25 PM
1) play 100 hours
2) 8table midmonth unless i play short
3) try to move up to 20/40 (did recently and it just happened to be the start of a downswing)
4) get the 9300 and a second 2001
5) run good and make another cool avatar

irishpint
09-29-2005, 11:29 PM
also im going to fold when beat and fold to a raise rather than bet call. in fact, im going to know what my line is (bet/fold vs bet/call) before the 'bet' part.

Guy Incognito
09-29-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are only people with sad graphs posting their graphs /images/graemlins/frown.gif ppl should post happy graphs too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://weinerdog.net/septembergraph.gif

Most of it was at 1/2. I need to move up.

1. Play more 3/6 than 1/2, 2/4.
2. Read HEFAP.
3. Come up with a plan for November and beyond, considering I'm quitting my job at the end of October.

surfdoc
09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily solved but the solution is worse than leaving the question hanging. Withdraw and make a purchase. Cry at your smaller BR. Cry more when she asks you how "that poker thing" is going 10 weeks hence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would paying 2k for the house to be painted, and another 3k for the carpenter to build a bunch of custom crap, (okay not crap, a sweet ass desk for me to work and some other crap) and 1.5K for a new king bed, and not making a cash withdrawal from my checking account for 6 months, and 1.2K paid to the nanny montly all paid in cash be enough? I guess I answered my own question..some people are tough to convince.

mperich
09-29-2005, 11:42 PM
1. Start posting more regularly again. (Not sure tho, life is VERY busy lately)

2. 6table all month so I can try to get a decent sample size.

3. Try for 50K hands

4. Possibly start 8tabling if the 6table results are favorable.

5. Go to showdown less.

-Mike

Catt
09-29-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would paying 2k for the house to be painted, and another 3k for the carpenter to build a bunch of custom crap, (okay not crap, a sweet ass desk for me to work and some other crap) and 1.5K for a new king bed, and not making a cash withdrawal from my checking account for 6 months, and 1.2K paid to the nanny montly all paid in cash be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not. Just give up now and explain that though you lose, it is essentially breaking even but you certainlky have no money to withdraw; and it's a hobby that is cheaper than 6 rounds of golf per month that also keeps you at home with the family so you can sit out and step away every so often instead of being out for 6 hours every weekend and coming home tired, grumpy, sweaty, with a few beers in your belly. I haven't tried it yet, but it's waiting in the wings; she cancelled excessive golf some time ago with the young kids /images/graemlins/frown.gif

surfdoc
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would paying 2k for the house to be painted, and another 3k for the carpenter to build a bunch of custom crap, (okay not crap, a sweet ass desk for me to work and some other crap) and 1.5K for a new king bed, and not making a cash withdrawal from my checking account for 6 months, and 1.2K paid to the nanny montly all paid in cash be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not. Just give up now and explain that though you lose, it is essentially breaking even but you certainlky have no money to withdraw; and it's a hobby that is cheaper than 6 rounds of golf per month that also keeps you at home with the family so you can sit out and step away every so often instead of being out for 6 hours every weekend and coming home tired, grumpy, sweaty, with a few beers in your belly. I haven't tried it yet, but it's waiting in the wings; she cancelled excessive golf some time ago with the young kids /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an intersting angle but one I have already shot. It is actually true that if it wasn't poker it would be other activities with golf being the main one that I would start spending time with. That is the paradox with my situation. I feel like what I am doing with poker is showing significant dedication and just because my real job is one that is going to be tough to match from an income standpoint my family will always be able to question the concept of me going to the card barn or staring at a monitor when I could just "go to work."

I think the only real solution is to get my hourly at home well over my hourly at the hospital and keep it that way for like 6 months straight or longer. No pressure there..especially cuz I suck at poker.

billyjex
09-29-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll try my best..

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2317/1020graph3nf.jpg

i also won 14k in a tourney on sunday so i'm on quite a heater

/brag

Catt
09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an intersting angle but one I have already shot. It is actually true that if it wasn't poker it would be other activities with golf being the main one that I would start spending time with. That is the paradox with my situation. I feel like what I am doing with poker is showing significant dedication and just because my real job is one that is going to be tough to match from an income standpoint my family will always be able to question the concept of me going to the card barn or staring at a monitor when I could just "go to work."

I think the only real solution is to get my hourly at home well over my hourly at the hospital and keep it that way for like 6 months straight or longer. No pressure there..especially cuz I suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa. How similar. I will not be matching my real income anytime soon (though I can't up the hours to earn more) and would not be welcome "working" at home all day anyway. I have an addictive personality and she views poker as the latest addiction. I try to avoid any talk about the money, but we've a home remodel / expansion underway and she's dropping hints about "using some of that poker money" to cover the difference between the contracted tile allowance and the new tile samples she found that will be "perfect" but are actually just a "little bit" more than we'd allowed for in the contract. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Willluck
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
play 60k hands
take a shot at 5/10
make 10k with rakeback
go on at least 5 dates with at least 2 different girls (7 or better)

BottlesOf
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Just play.

casinogosain
09-30-2005, 12:46 AM
1. Play less than 2000 hands online
2. Finish the two manuscripts I've been pushing off for months
3. Finish at least 1/2 of the book chapter that needs to be done by February
4. Revise my dissertation outline and get my committee to approve it
5. Finish reading Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker
6. Try and meet up with some 2p2ers while in San Francisco for a week
7. Take my son to the zoo and aquarium at least once each

-Ash

B Dids
09-30-2005, 12:49 AM
I'd swear I posted in this thread once.

- Have fun playing cards
- Think like jason more
- Work out more/eat less
- Less Tilt Plz
- Be better at my day job

Subfallen
09-30-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You post good Catt. Really good.

whodaman
09-30-2005, 02:43 AM
1. Run better
2. 10000 hands
3. Tilt less
4. buy a 2001fp to 6 table with
5. Datamine/buy database

MrBig30
09-30-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not. My september at 10/20:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/442/sept301020b9aq.jpg

Goals:
1/ Play good poker on good tables.
2/ Keep concentrating, getting good reads.
3/ Try adding a 3rd table sometimes.
4/ Improve my skills - read, post, get coached.
5/ Hopefully keep running good.
6/ And oh, maybe make myself useful at my dayjob as well...

stigmata
09-30-2005, 05:15 AM
1) Go on a diet
2) Give up smoking (again)
3) Reduce my alcohol intake

Oh, [censored], this is a poker forum?

4) Stop tilting.

This isn't going to be a fun month /images/graemlins/frown.gif

joker122
09-30-2005, 05:25 AM
run good for more than 15 minutes at 10/20.

Poldi
09-30-2005, 06:04 AM
1. Play 25k hands.
2. Try out a coach.
3. Beat the 10/20.
4. Check results as few as possible.
5. Focus, focus, focus.

supersub
09-30-2005, 06:09 AM
1. Spend as much time with the kids as i possibly can.
3. 100 hours 4tabling 5/10 6max
4. Work hard to improve that zen (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=&amp;Entry=140183&amp;F_Board=headsup&amp;Th read=3456828&amp;partnumber=1&amp;postmarker=) thing.
5. Less time by the computer when not playing or reading strategy posts

Schneids
09-30-2005, 06:19 AM
1. Play 50hrs of poker when I WANT to be playing.
2. Play at least 500 hands of 150/300lbs.
3. Get AA and QQ WR and win % up (ie in Aug and Sept both these hands have won 70% of the times I've been dealt them, and for rather crappy BB/hand totals compared to what they should be...)
4. Run better (see #3).
5. Actively play/look for games on every site.
6. Enjoy the last month of _tolerable_ weather in MN.

Lurker4
09-30-2005, 06:24 AM
1. 12 hrs/week
2. stay at 10/20 6m w/frequent shots at 15/30 full/6m and 20/40 full/6m
3. run at least average, so that probably means around $4k-$5k or so
4. play some more LHE MTTs, maybe some NL MTTs as well
5. keep on playing occaisonal NL100, maybe move up to NL200
6. stop procrastinating on homework
7. don't fail my ECE440 exam on monday

stripsqueez
09-30-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4. piss off my wife less
5. find a way to get my wife to understand that poker income is "real" and that the money will be helpful if she really does try to buy that 2 *picture doctor evil here* million dollar home she has her eye on

[/ QUOTE ]

4 would be a goal for me too but i'm wise enough to have given up trying to make she who must be obeyed happy all the time(+ i dont believe in marriage)

5 i have acheived - like clockwork i handed her the equivalent of my large full time salary every friday fortnight for 18 months before she said i could quit and when i did quit i handed her my neteller debit card to use at her convenience

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

stripsqueez
09-30-2005, 06:47 AM
1. get around to opening some new accounts at sites that have high limit short handed like i have been meaning to for several months

2. improve on coming second once and third once in the paradise $30 rebuy and add-on

3. win the bermuda bowl

4. jeff w if your listening - tennessee now heels like a legend but still wont come when i call her name - in fact it seems to provoke her into running away - is this unavoidable for young, neurotic, female wolfhounds or do you have a solution ?

NLSoldier
09-30-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and when i did quit i handed her my neteller debit card to use at her convenience

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a hell of a bad beat. now I dont feel nearly as crappy about running bad my last 20k hands /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheMetetron
09-30-2005, 09:19 AM
You know, with all the money you've made playing poker... why do you still live in Minnesota?

imported_azalin
09-30-2005, 09:21 AM
1) Play 25k hands on 5/10
2) Try to beat September's 4,2bb/100
3) Tilt less think more (in poker)
4) Think less enjoy more (in life)

Subby
09-30-2005, 09:31 AM
1) Get more sleep
2) Stop dicking around with tournaments
3) Stop playing long losing sessions and short winning ones.

surfdoc
09-30-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5 i have acheived - like clockwork i handed her the equivalent of my large full time salary every friday fortnight for 18 months before she said i could quit and when i did quit i handed her my neteller debit card to use at her convenience

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an interesting ploy. I don't want to go that route yet because it seems better to make $800 withdrawals and just feed her cash rather than letting her make 30 $5 purchases and rake up those ridculous Neteller usage fees. Have you found a way around that? It seems like seriously -EV to use it as a point of service card rather than just pulling cash out at 800 a pop and spending it that way.

cookie
09-30-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Get more sleep

[/ QUOTE ]
And win a lot of money so that I can pay rents (dorm room, so pretty manageable) and food (I eat a LOT because of training) and on top of that have enough money for a sweet labtop.

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 10:43 AM
goals:

-5K hands (yeah that's really low, but I only played 2700 this month)
-I'd like to stay at 10/20, but that's being results oriented. it kind of depends on how I run, though I finally have a roll where I feel comfortable trying to move up permanently. It's been a little slow going since ultimate frisbee and the training to go with it has taken up a lot of the time I would have played poker. not that I'm complaining mind you, it's just that I feel behind the curve.
-don't surf 2+2 while I play
-get a 10/20 coach

-UPA club regionals is this weekend (ultimate frisbee), so winning that would be nice.

obsidian
09-30-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Play 25k hands
2. Get better at the 10/20 game
3. Read Theory of Poker
4. Run as good in 10/20 this month as I did in 5/10 last month

Here are some happy graphs from last month:

5/10
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3605/5109ds.png

10/20 (not as happy)
http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/6365/10200lp.png

obsidian
09-30-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one change I've recently made and am thankful I did. Too often I would stop after winning 50BB in 500 hands.

Surfbullet
09-30-2005, 10:53 AM
1. another 30k hands. Preferably more.
2. Continue to improve my game as much as I have the past 2 months.
3. Win this month. Preferably alot.(1BB+/100)
4. Ignore whether I'm winning or losing on a daily basis.
6. DERB, see #3

Sept was a tough, -BB/100 month, barring an exceptionally good day today. LORB.

Surf

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 = profit?

MAxx
09-30-2005, 10:58 AM
I'd like to continue my quest with running hotter... of course...but i kid.

I only got in 50hrs this month, been busy (normally avg about 80hrs 2tabling the 10/20.)

October is my month, y'all. I am going to own it. 100 hrs 3tabling.

There are some potential things that could make it easier and harder. I will have half of Oct off, as I will be inbetween jobs... thus potentially more free time. However, I will be moving to Manhattan from VA (guess I cant say "y'all" anymore.) Moving takes time, and while I am trying to ensure I have my inet hookup in place in a timely manner... you cant trust those isp's.

Grisgra
09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
My main goal is to turn my horrible September (A big fat zero BB/100 at 20/40 over 8k hands, so much for running goot -- at least at 20/40) into the foundation for a kickass October. A-game, no tilt, be patient . . . eventually the sessions where my WTSD is 35% and my W$SD is 43% will dry up and I'll be back to my luckboxing ways.

I hope.

EvanJC
09-30-2005, 11:25 AM
1) pay more attention to school related matters
2) 15k hands two tabling 3/6 short
3) smoke a lot less pot

Surfbullet
09-30-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 = profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

5. Profit

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surf

stripsqueez
09-30-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you found a way around that? It seems like seriously -EV to use it as a point of service card rather than just pulling cash out at 800 a pop and spending it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah neteller debit card isnt great for fees or exchange rates but it is discreet - mine is heavily into retail therapy as a means of revenge so its commonly $2,000AUS(say $1,600US) when i do piss her off so the $5 fee isnt much of a drama

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 12:06 PM
step 1, steal underpants
step 2, ...
step 3, profit

mute
09-30-2005, 12:19 PM
1. Play 40K at 5/10
2. Get better
3. Bet river

wheelz
09-30-2005, 12:49 PM
1. play 15k hands at 20/40 full
2. read some of the poker books i bought a while ago and didn't end up reading
3. not care about my results for the month

krishanleong
09-30-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. play 15k hands at 15/30 full

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play 20/40 over 15/30 in a heartbeat.

Krishan

gildwulf
09-30-2005, 12:51 PM
1. Play 20,000 hands at 5/10 SH
2. Survive first month of gradschool
3. Pay for gradschool

wheelz
09-30-2005, 12:57 PM
yeah i've heard that elsewhere too. i wasn't sure that you mined 20/40 at all either... alright goals revised.

Rubeskies
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Try and take over the world!

(i.e. preempt DMBFan23)

Grrrrrrrrrr

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 01:27 PM
yep (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3539456&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rubeskies
09-30-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yep (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3539456&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Boooo!

krishanleong
09-30-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i've heard that elsewhere too. i wasn't sure that you mined 20/40 at all either... alright goals revised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tons of data on 15/30, 20/40 and 30/60.

Krishan

DaSpade
09-30-2005, 01:39 PM
15K hands.
Reread TOP.
Take atleast 15min to post a reply in this forum.

wuarhg
09-30-2005, 01:39 PM
My goal was to be able to win at 20/40. No go yet.

Ran breakeven at 20/40 for 60k hands so i'm back at 10/20 for awhile, my sweet home. I had to mix in some happiness to my hellride at 20/40 (but I learned lots lots from that run, tilt, more braincells interconnect and whatnot). Here's my last run at 10/20.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3495/graph1uy.png

Oh btw, I do some coaching at the moment hoping to improve my game. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

gildwulf
09-30-2005, 01:43 PM
While this is turning into a graph thread...variance took a dump on my chest at my first month at 5/10:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/gildwulf/pokergraph-september.jpg

w_alloy
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my last run at 10/20.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3495/graph1uy.png

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly the hottest graph I've ever seen.

cookie
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one change I've recently made and am thankful I did. Too often I would stop after winning 50BB in 500 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
500 hands is a short session? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ggbman
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, some poker goals and some non poker ones

1.) Continue to meet new ppl. at college, its getting better and better
2.) Make 25k-First ambitious goal i have for myself in a while, since i don't really see myself play much other than 30-60
3.) Stop dicking around at high stakes NL-winning and losing back used honda's in 3 days is a little too much
4.) Have fun in general, but party a little less on the weekdays

obsidian
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
500 hands is a short session? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
4-tabling for me it is. When I play I usually try to make it a minimum of 1k hands. If I only have about an hour to play I usually don't.

sthief09
09-30-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, with all the money you've made playing poker... why do you still live in Minnesota?

[/ QUOTE ]

he still goes to school

climber
09-30-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sweetdeez/20-40-love.jpg

Think I can keep this up?

No seriously my goal is to actaully play 10/20 well again--2-3 tables and actualy make reads and use them.

I was also thinking of actaully pausing to consider the opponent's PT stats that are displayed onscreen before acting but taht may be goign too far.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that my graph is finalized i'll post it too. biggest downswing 120BB /images/graemlins/smile.gif it's been a good month *awaits sthief's comment about going broke*

http://baronzeus.com/high%20limit.jpg

ggbman
09-30-2005, 06:48 PM
That really is a sick month dude, nice job! 5bb/100 for the month is just ridiculous. I will post my graph soon, i also ran very hot this month. I had a 150 BB downswing, a 120 BB downswing, and -13K day and still ended up with my best month ever, thanks largely to my 30-60 results, where i was on fire.

garion888
09-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Here's my first one of these.

1) Play between 30K and 45K hands at my current limits.
2) Get my [censored] back together and move up to 5/10 6max by the end of the month.
3) Enjoy my birthday.
4) Maybe learn Omaha.

J

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9154/iwin6mr.jpg

I win!

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9154/iwin6mr.jpg

I win!

[/ QUOTE ]

yayyyy jeff.

Why is your VPIP so low? Is this mostly 10 handed?

Jeff W
09-30-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yayyyy jeff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is this mostly 10 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I'd have to fold every hand UTG and MP in a 6-handed game to get that VPIP given my ASB and FBB/FSB.

___1___
09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
1. 50k hands at Eurobet 10/20 6max
2. 10k hands at non-Party 20/40, 30/60 short
3. End the 45k hands of breakeven madness
4. At the end of just 1 week feel like it hasn't been Groundhog day all over again.
5. Flop a pair out of the BB
6. Oh, and email Party and tell them it's ok to flip the switch back.

___1___

TheMetetron
09-30-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he still goes to school

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense...

so now I have the question:

With all the money you've made playing poker, why are you still going to school?

ggbman
09-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Because you should have a viable alternative when it comes to a career besides poker. It could be this lucrative for another few years, another decade, who knows? But it won't be forever. Playing poker in front of the computer for the next 40 years is also not a very tempting thought for most people.

Personally, i get tempted to not go to school all the time, but as silly as this sounds, you need to think of poker as a different experience than the "real world". Yes, the money is real and there is a lot of it to be had, but nonetheless, poker can supplement other more important goals in life, it does not have to be those goals. The people who are driven and do very well at poker would not be content retiring at 27 and doing nothing for the rest of their lives, Schneids can make enough money to live comforablt while he pursues his academic career. I also am speaking for him which is a little silly since i don't know him so well, but i am making inferences based on what i do know about him. I am interested to see if he replies to this, but i would guess they would the reasoning would be similar to what i mentioned.

krishanleong
09-30-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because you should have a viable alternative when it comes to a career besides poker. It could be this lucrative for another few years, another decade, who knows? But it won't be forever. Playing poker in front of the computer for the next 40 years is also not a very tempting thought for most people.

Personally, i get tempted to not go to school all the time, but as silly as this sounds, you need to think of poker as a different experience than the "real world". Yes, the money is real and there is a lot of it to be had, but nonetheless, poker can supplement other more important goals in life, it does not have to be those goals. The people who are driven and do very well at poker would not be content retiring at 27 and doing nothing for the rest of their lives, Schneids can make enough money to live comforablt while he pursues his academic career. I also am speaking for him which is a little silly since i don't know him so well, but i am making inferences based on what i do know about him. I am interested to see if he replies to this, but i would guess they would the reasoning would be similar to what i mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

ggbman,

You are truly way ahead of your age. You have great poker game but I'm much more impressed with your life game. Very nice post.

Krishan

TheMetetron
09-30-2005, 10:24 PM
You know...

I intend to ride poker as long as I can.

After that, I have enough money and business sense to start my own business (or expand ones I currently have working for me). I'd imagine most could do this as well.

I do intend to pull an MBA out my ass at some point, but there are more important things at the current moment. School will always be there for me, and it's something I'd rather not do unless I have to.

Just so it doesn't sound like I have no plan other than to play poker for the rest of my life...

I do respect the guys that still go to school and play though. It's just a different lifestyle than the one I choose.

Edit: Since someone asked, I have an AS in Economics and could finish up my BA in less than 2 years if I needed to. I also intend to take some online courses to slowly finish it up. But the day-to-day BS of school is not my style.

ggbman
09-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Thank you for the kind words Krishan

garion888
09-30-2005, 10:41 PM
That kind of totally surprises me about you. I would have thought you were degreed already.

ggbman
09-30-2005, 10:44 PM
I should say that i don't feel that school is always the correct thing for everyone. I don't know you personally, but i know if i wasn't in school meeting cool people and having a good time, i would look back and say "I missed out"

This is not true for everyone, but in my personal case, i would feel weird having everyone move on to other things while i play poker, so since they don't have to be exclusive, i choose not to make them. There is merit to what you are saying, i would love the freedom to make more money and start my own business, become a real estate mogul etc... I just feel for me, it's worth it to push those things back a little bit to be a kid, get drunk, party, and do the things "normal" kids do. When i look at this last month, it's tempting to play professionally. When i think about yesterday when i essenitally dropped a used civic that i havent found what i am going to do for the rest of my life yet /images/graemlins/smile.gifIn any event, i wish you luck, and it could very well be the best thing for you.

Gabe

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I should say that i don't feel that school is always the correct thing for everyone. I don't know you personally, but i know if i wasn't in school meeting cool people and having a good time, i would look back and say "I missed out"

This is not true for everyone, but in my personal case, i would feel weird having everyone move on to other things while i play poker, so since they don't have to be exclusive, i choose not to make them. There is merit to what you are saying, i would love the freedom to make more money and start my own business, become a real estate mogul etc... I just feel for me, it's worth it to push those things back a little bit to be a kid, get drunk, party, and do the things "normal" kids do. When i look at this last month, it's tempting to play professionally. When i think about yesterday when i essenitally dropped a used civic that i havent found what i am going to do for the rest of my life yet /images/graemlins/smile.gifIn any event, i wish you luck, and it could very well be the best thing for you.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

are you younger than me? im 19 but it seems like you are moving into your freshman year which would make you 18.

ggbman
09-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Yeah i just turned 18 in August

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i just turned 18 in August

[/ QUOTE ]

just making sure.

yeah freshman year in college was my best year ever. i wouldnt trade it for anything. sophomore year is shaping up the same.

go to college. future &gt; money

garion888
09-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Goddamn I feel old around you guys. I turn 22 in two weeks.

I need to get in more hands...

ggbman
09-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear it, freshman year is shaping pretty cool for me as well. Where do you go to school? I am at bentley college near boston.

TheMetetron
09-30-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That kind of totally surprises me about you. I would have thought you were degreed already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a worthless AS which does nothing but save me time if I want to get a BS.

Oh and it lets me be a cop. That's pretty useless as well, though.

I went to school, dropped out, picked up poker (after leaving school, which probably just makes me more irresponsible, and I probably was), went back and finished up my AS (not as irresponsbile), and enjoy the crap out of my life.

I agree that the college experience is not to be missed. I did it, it was a great time, but I'm having even more fun now being able to go out with all of my friends and pick up on random loose womans at my leisure. Just the sheer amount of travel I do is worth it to me (I've not gone a month since turning pro without some sort of vacation... passport just came, it's Amsterdam and Australia time bitches).

If I was say, 18, I don't think I'd have dropped out yet. At least I hope I wouldn't have. But with where I am now, it's definitely the right choice for me.

NLSoldier
09-30-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a worthless AS which does nothing but save me time if I want to get a BS.

Oh and it lets me be a cop. That's pretty useless as well, though.

I went to school, dropped out, picked up poker (after leaving school, which probably just makes me more irresponsible, and I probably was), went back and finished up my AS (not as irresponsbile), and enjoy the crap out of my life.

I agree that the college experience is not to be missed. I did it, it was a great time, but I'm having even more fun now being able to go out with all of my friends and pick up on random loose womans at my leisure. Just the sheer amount of travel I do is worth it to me (I've not gone a month since turning pro without some sort of vacation... passport just came, it's Amsterdam and Australia time bitches).

If I was say, 18, I don't think I'd have dropped out yet. At least I hope I wouldn't have. But with where I am now, it's definitely the right choice for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok you need to stop talking about this because the school offices arent even open till monday so I need to stop thinking about dropping out and enjoy my weekend.

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear it, freshman year is shaping pretty cool for me as well. Where do you go to school? I am at bentley college near boston.

[/ QUOTE ]

im a sophomore at stanford majoring (probably) in cs.

im just trying to get as much money out of the well before it dries up. online poker has another 2-3 years before the games become too unprofitable for me to continue /images/graemlins/frown.gif. plus my sister just graduated from here and got a job that will be paying her 300K a year within the next 5 years and (while its cool to make 30K in a month playing poker) having a secure job is way better for the soul IMO.

ggbman
09-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I agree about a job being better for soul lol. However, 2-3 years before online poker isn't worth it is a bit pessemistic IMO. Lets put it this way, right good 30-60 players playing 6-8 tables can clear 400 an hour. Making $125/hour is a HUGE paycut, but it's still worth my time by a huge margin, espcially given what that money can do for you later in life. I hope that through investments, primarily in the real estate market with rental properties, that i can accumulate enough property to make a passive income to give me financial freedom for the rest of my life. If i have to work for less money, that's ok. I was working for $7.10/hour + tips a year ago, so it doesnt have to be the way it is now for me to want to play.

Gabe

baronzeus
09-30-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree about a job being better for soul lol. However, 2-3 years before online poker isn't worth it is a bit pessemistic IMO. Lets put it this way, right good 30-60 players playing 6-8 tables can clear 400 an hour. Making $125/hour is a HUGE paycut, but it's still worth my time by a huge margin, espcially given what that money can do for you later in life. I hope that through investments, primarily in the real estate market with rental properties, that i can accumulate enough property to make a passive income to give me financial freedom for the rest of my life. If i have to work for less money, that's ok. I was working for $7.10/hour + tips a year ago, so it doesnt have to be the way it is now for me to want to play.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im thinking of withdrawing 20K or so and investing in some sort of mutual funds but i havent taken the time to do so yet. maybe next month. would be sweet to have somethign to fall back on when i lose my job /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DMBFan23
09-30-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
primarily in the real estate market with rental properties

[/ QUOTE ]

this might prove to be more work than initially thought, but I really love your attitude here

ggbman
09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
primarily in the real estate market with rental properties

[/ QUOTE ]

this might prove to be more work than initially thought, but I really love your attitude here

[/ QUOTE ]

Most things are work than i initally, but getting my hands dirty doesn't scare me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, since condos and some rental complexes have management companies, a lot of the potential oversight i would have to would be negated.

goofball
10-01-2005, 12:02 AM
1. 30k hands online
2. 60 hours live
3. 5 strategy posts per 1 off topic post
4. Not be such a showdown monkey
5. Feel comfortable moving up at the end of the month.

oreogod
10-01-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
online poker has another 2-3 years before the games become too unprofitable for me to continue /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

What. That is untrue. You may not run as hot as u do now, but u will certainy be a much better player than u are now (as should everybody). Some ppl may cut back...but ever since poker has been invented its always remained popular. Sure its kind of exploded, but ppl will still suck at the games.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
online poker has another 2-3 years before the games become too unprofitable for me to continue /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

What. That is untrue. You may not run as hot as u do now, but u will certainy be a much better player than u are now (as should everybody). Some ppl may cut back...but ever since poker has been invented its always remained popular. Sure its kind of exploded, but ppl will still suck at the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

how about

a. govt regulation
b. bots
c. even more multitabling pros

arkady
10-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Let's see.

1) Do better than September:

http://www.computerecycle.com/images/poker/SepPT.jpg

2) Expedite real estate deal (rebuilding a house and selling for more money)

3) Do #1 and #2 while getting my career back on track (got 2nd round interview in a great company)

going to be a tough October.

stinkypete
10-01-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's see.

1) Do better than September:

http://www.computerecycle.com/images/poker/SepPT.jpg

2) Expedite real estate deal (rebuilding a house and selling for more money)

3) Do #1 and #2 while getting my career back on track (got 2nd round interview in a great company)

going to be a tough October.

[/ QUOTE ]

keep 3-betting that T3s and those goals should be a breeze!

popeye18
10-01-2005, 03:07 AM
1) 30k hands of 3/6 6max
2) More posting and replying to threads in this section
3) 1 or 2 table 5/10 6max for a couple hours every week.

arkady
10-01-2005, 03:08 AM
omg, you will just have to forget about that. i told you i wanted to sit out!

you isolate me with garbage frequently enough such that this incident should not be a problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stinkypete
10-01-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
omg, you will just have to forget about that. i told you i wanted to sit out!

[/ QUOTE ]

i will forget it as soon as you explain to me how wanting so sit out makes limp/3-betting T3s a good play.

arkady
10-01-2005, 03:14 AM
almost no one limp reraises HU, you put me on a monster and fold either right there or for 1 bet on flop. get it? no? ok neither do i.

BIGRED
10-01-2005, 03:17 AM
(1) Stay away from 10/20 6-max since that level seems to hate me for some reason. It's a good thing 5/10 is good to me.

(2) Make more money on play rather than on rake back

(3) Get to the office by 9am regardless of how late I stayed up playing poker. This one is going to be tough.

stinkypete
10-01-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
almost no one limp reraises HU, you put me on a monster and fold either right there or for 1 bet on flop. get it? no? ok neither do i.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i put you on T3s. did you notice how i just check/called the T turn instead of betting? i am awesome.

arkady
10-01-2005, 03:27 AM
yeah....so u musta had T2! u sick bastard.

Escape
10-01-2005, 03:31 AM
- 10k at 5/10 6 max.
- Play longer sessions
- Post more hands
- Reply more
- Run well

stinkypete
10-01-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah....so u musta had T2! u sick bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJs

MarkL444
10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
$10k. results, shmultz. ive never done this and i want to.

also i dont want to go to the bar at all this month, just to save some money and stuff.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he still goes to school

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense...

so now I have the question:

With all the money you've made playing poker, why are you still going to school?

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents are big influences in my life and they want me to finish, and likewise, by the time I could even begin entertaining the possibility of making it _worthwhile_ to not go to school anymore because of poker, I was close enough to being done that it just makes sense to finish out (I first briefly contemplated taking a semester off in Spring '05 but decided it was more worthwhile to keep on chugging through classes). I'll be done Spring '06, and I can't wait.

afk
10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
play. more. hands.

i don't play nearly enough.

ggbman
10-01-2005, 02:22 PM
SO if you were making 25K+ per month freshman year and your parents didn't care, you would not have continued with school?

ggbman
10-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Satellite to Atlantis... i REALLY want to go. It's probably a better idea to just buy in, but i'm dumb so i will waste time trying to satellite.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SO if you were making 25K+ per month freshman year and your parents didn't care, you would not have continued with school?

[/ QUOTE ]

BRAGGER!

ggbman
10-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Lol, i mean it seriously. Schneids was talking about how by the time he was making enough to warrant dropping it, he was a lot of the way through school. I don't know what he considers to be enough, it could be 500K by his standards for all i know.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my ideal world I'd want a 2+yr buffer zone of making that kind of money so I know it's what I'm actually capable of doing, and not just a good cards run that's due to turn sour someday.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my ideal world I'd want a 2+yr buffer zone of making that kind of money so I know it's what I'm actually capable of doing, and not just a good cards run that's due to turn sour someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

OWNED!

p.s. plz unblock me one time?

baronzeus
10-01-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't 2+ years like 500K+ hands? that seems like way too much to determine a a range of monthly expectation (and even then you've improved so much in in that time that the winrate is meaningless)

PS thanks for the money in the 15/30 2p2 game

ggbman
10-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Sounds about right. The whole thing is weird of course because even if you're not capable capable of making 300k/year and you can only make half that, that is still 3 times what most jobs out of college pay. But then we are back to the conundrum of what do we do when we don't want to play poker anymore? I am going to just stop thinking about this now.

baronzeus
10-01-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds about right. The whole thing is weird of course because even if you're not capable capable of making 300k/year and you can only make half that, that is still 3 times what most jobs out of college pay. But then we are back to the conundrum of what do we do when we don't want to play poker anymore? I am going to just stop thinking about this now.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah wtf you're 18 and college is fun. just do it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

making 300K a year while at college is awesome.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Here's the thing:

1) You quit school, how much more are you really going to play?
2) rhetorical Q not meant for you to actually respond to: how long have you actually been making 25k/month? If it's less than a year your earn could still be substantially beneath that, and even if it's been over a year, it's still within the realm of possibility it's below or far below that.

Yes, then there's teh fact too that if you quit school you're pretty much limited to poker/investing/starting a busienss for the rest of your life, unless you're lucky enough to know the right people to hook you up with other jobs which interest you.

NLSoldier
10-01-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) You quit school, how much more are you really going to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty key. I only played slightly more in the summer months than during september.

ggbman
10-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Agreed, i really don't know how much more i would play. And i also dont seriously think about dropping out of school even though me and Dave have fun talking about where the best places to live would be, i just go on tangents and humor myself from time to time.

Schneids
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Close aim and 2+2 when I am playing. Any of you that catch me making a post in HUSH or talking to you on aim while playing on one of my tables or seeing me on a table will recieve $50 from me. No cheating and IMing me with something supposedly important that will get me to reply. Limit one person per post.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This is pretty key. I only played slightly more in the summer months than during september.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-01-2005, 05:36 PM
- Play more no-limit online.
- Play 30k hands online.
- Cash in one of the Turning Stone tournies this month.

arkady
10-01-2005, 07:07 PM
All of you are retarded for even considering dropping college. Immediately shut up and never bring this topic up again.

Surfbullet
10-02-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All of you are retarded for even considering dropping college. Immediately shut up and never bring this topic up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

krishanleong
10-28-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1. 1000 strategy posts in a month.
2. Get in minumum 20 hours per week for the month of October.
3. Get coached by someone new.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 360 posts. Damn 1K posts is tough. I'm not ever sure it would be better that taking on students in terms of self improvement.

2. 20 hours each week like clockwork.

3. I got coached. It went well. I learned a couple new things. My coach doesn't want to coach anyone else. He was a virgin before me and I gave him too rough a ride. So don't bother asking who he is.

I think one of the things I'm going to do to improve this month is read and post in Mid/High. I rarely would give the same advice as posters there and I think I can learn from the differences.

Own up everyone.

Krishan

Schneids
10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never was.

DMBFan23
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
goals:

-5K hands (yeah that's really low, but I only played 2700 this month)
-I'd like to stay at 10/20, but that's being results oriented. it kind of depends on how I run, though I finally have a roll where I feel comfortable trying to move up permanently. It's been a little slow going since ultimate frisbee and the training to go with it has taken up a lot of the time I would have played poker. not that I'm complaining mind you, it's just that I feel behind the curve.
-don't surf 2+2 while I play
-get a 10/20 coach

-UPA club regionals is this weekend (ultimate frisbee), so winning that would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

in order:

-doubled
-moved back down for like 5K hands, but now am back at 10/20. I'll give it a B, I passed but not unanimously or anything
-failed
-wuarhg rules

-we choked so bad it's not worth talking about.

Surfbullet
10-28-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. another 30k hands. Preferably more.
2. Continue to improve my game as much as I have the past 2 months.
3. Win this month. Preferably alot.(1BB+/100)
4. Ignore whether I'm winning or losing on a daily basis.
6. DERB, see #3

Sept was a tough, -BB/100 month, barring an exceptionally good day today. LORB.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, due to an amazing last day of sept I actually was +$ for the month, just to amend.

1. 17kish hands so far - will get some more in before the end of the month. I blame the split for my poor performance.
2. Yup, posting + learning.
3. +1.02 BB/100. I hate that it's my "hot" month.
4. Been working hard on this. Don't know if I succeeded or not
5. Profit. Success!
6. nope. ran bad a few times /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also played tons of NL tourneys on stars...final tabled twice to pull in an extra $3k-ish, so that was nice.

Surf

Subfallen
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My goals:

--(1) Nail down 2nd-level thinking so hard that it's part of my autopilot. (Not that I autopilot or anything...*cough.*)

--(2) Refine my understanding of hand values, especially A-high, in blind battles.

--(3) Man up and post a few of those scores of hands that I play really, really bad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

--(4) Start building short-handed notation for players reads more detailed than, "THIS GUY SUCKZ0RS LOLL!!111"

--(5) Be grateful that I finally ran good at 10/20 this month. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

(1): definitely much more aware than a month ago...give myself a solid B on this one.

(2): multi-tabling HU games against a bunch of over-aggros, while definitely -EV, helped enormously with this. B+.

(3): F. Didn't post any hands, bad or otherwise.

(4): F. Didn't even try.

(5): Forget last month, a &gt;$25k October at 10/20 isn't too shabby. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

baronzeus
10-28-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Play 15K hands
2) Make 20K ( i love being results oriented /images/graemlins/wink.gif )
3) Get better, make 25/50+ my main games
4) Stop spewing in the blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

1. played 35K hands. (the first 25K or so were breakeven money wise)
2. yup
3. 20/40-30/60
4. worst month ever for me in the blinds /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ggbman
10-28-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, some poker goals and some non poker ones

1.) Continue to meet new ppl. at college, its getting better and better
2.) Make 25k-First ambitious goal i have for myself in a while, since i don't really see myself play much other than 30-60
3.) Stop dicking around at high stakes NL-winning and losing back used honda's in 3 days is a little too much
4.) Have fun in general, but party a little less on the weekdays

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) Going pretty well
2.) Worst month of poker ever. It sucked because i ran at something like -3.46 BB/100 at 100-200 over a decent number hands, i hate having the worst run of cards ever when you try to move up. In any event, months like this one happen, at i've decided to take it easy and stick around the 30 for a while, poker is not worth getting overly stressed about.
3.) Well behaved there
4.) I've decided i dont neccesarily need to party less /images/graemlins/smile.gif I might just have to cut back a bit on poker to make more time for school. We'll see how that goes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NLSoldier
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

2) Post about 1/10 as much as I did this month, and stop wasting so much time telling Jason T how much of a n00b he is. <font color="white"> jk dude :P </font>

3) Make more $$$ than ggbman!

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Failed
2)small improvement probably
3)I had my worst month ever by far.

mperich
10-28-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Start posting more regularly again. (Not sure tho, life is VERY busy lately)

2. 6table all month so I can try to get a decent sample size.

3. Try for 50K hands

4. Possibly start 8tabling if the 6table results are favorable.

5. Go to showdown less.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Failed miserably, sorry guys. I try to post when I have time, but its hard because I used to 4table while still being able to post. Im not as good with 6tabling and doing other stuff.

2. I did do this, and now have about 45k hands 6 tabling I think. Going very well, pretty much no drop off from my winrate 4 tabling (plus I'm playing higher limits on average)

3. only 35k hands, but I still have a couple days. About 30k of that came in the 2nd half of the month, so Im sure I easily could have made 50 if I wasnt such a lazy sloth.

4. The results are favorable, but I dont think I want to start 8 tabling yet (if ever). Too hectic for me.

5. Did well here, and I think it helped a ton. I had really become very lazy with my calldowns, calling down anything I deemed even remotely close and autopiloting too much. This is probably the main reason I was able to maintain such a high winrate in October.

Other things I did were work on my headsup game a fair bit, which was a fun and profitable experience. Started playing on different sites for a little bit (due to the skin debacle). This went alright, as I seemed to run well on the other sites (rigged!! theyre trying to hook me in!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Also got drunk and lost 2.5k to a buddy of mine playing 200NL on party (he was drunk too but not as drunk as me) Donated another 1k to the rest of the table too /images/graemlins/frown.gif On the plus side my buddy owes me a lot of drinks now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thats about it, bring on November!

-Mike

Schneids
10-28-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 50hrs of poker when I WANT to be playing.
2. Play at least 500 hands of 150/300lbs.
3. Get AA and QQ WR and win % up (ie in Aug and Sept both these hands have won 70% of the times I've been dealt them, and for rather crappy BB/hand totals compared to what they should be...)
4. Run better (see #3).
5. Actively play/look for games on every site.
6. Enjoy the last month of _tolerable_ weather in MN.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 53hrs so far. Success.
2. 877 hands. Success. -$7500 in those hands. Failure.
3. AA 79.5%... success? QQ 65.79%. Failure. BB/100 up for them = failure.
4. Failure. Worst poker month results-wise of my career.
5. Success.
6. Eh, not a total failure but I def didn't too tons outside either.

MAxx
10-29-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to continue my quest with running hotter... of course...but i kid.

I only got in 50hrs this month, been busy (normally avg about 80hrs 2tabling the 10/20.)

October is my month, y'all. I am going to own it. 100 hrs 3tabling.

There are some potential things that could make it easier and harder. I will have half of Oct off, as I will be inbetween jobs... thus potentially more free time. However, I will be moving to Manhattan from VA (guess I cant say "y'all" anymore.) Moving takes time, and while I am trying to ensure I have my inet hookup in place in a timely manner... you cant trust those isp's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes and no....

I will reach 100 hours close to 3tabling on avg. The party split was of course an obsticle. Running not so hot plus spending too much of my roll caused me to have to step back down to 5/10 towards the end of Oct. Can't complain though. Man I will tell you one thing and I have heard others say it... moving up will definitley make you improve, and I can see it when moving back down and seeing how soft 5/10 is. Should be a walk ing the park until I get my roll back to get to 10/20. Not big time like I'd like to be, but at least I'm doing aight on easy street.

MrBig30
10-29-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Goals:
1/ Play good poker on good tables.
2/ Keep concentrating, getting good reads.
3/ Try adding a 3rd table sometimes.
4/ Improve my skills - read, post, get coached.
5/ Hopefully keep running good.
6/ And oh, maybe make myself useful at my dayjob as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

1 Ok
2 Not all the time, I play worse and for too long when running bad.
3 Tried, have to work on it.
4 Hmmm... ok.
5 No. Only +0.6BB/100
6 Boring place. I am starting to look for a better job now. Again.

obsidian
10-31-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 25k hands
2. Get better at the 10/20 game
3. Read Theory of Poker
4. Run as good in 10/20 this month as I did in 5/10 last month

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Played 36k - Good
2. I think I have...
3. Nope
4. Not even close

DaSpade
10-31-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
15K hands.
Reread TOP.
Take atleast 15min to post a reply in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Played only 7.6K hands
Done
Getting better I think, though have'nt posted much

naphand
10-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Oh man - not another useless "regular" thread.

This is supposed to be a strategy forum - not a sounding board for peoples fantasies.

OK - maybe it is good to write down your goals, if you're one of those "personal-development" types who does not have much presence of mind. Maybe it is good for you to write down your goals in public to motivate yourself. Maybe.

But this is not the place to do it. This belongs in the psychology forum, nowhere else. The last thing we need is another f*kkin goals post sitting permanently at the top of the board. NO THANK-YOU.

This will quickly degenerate (and I now see it already has) to include such childish/irrelevant pap as "score with my ex-girlfriends new flatmate" or "eat less burgers". Followed by the inevitable long and pointless debates about the value of burgers or how college life sucks etc. etc. &lt;yawn&gt;

PLEASE. Moderators - can we keep the forum clear of this kind of BS. And no I do not care how many people respond or hoew popular it is - it is NOT STRATEGY. Take this elsewhere.

B Dids
10-31-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd swear I posted in this thread once.

- Have fun playing cards
- Think like jason more
- Work out more/eat less
- Less Tilt Plz
- Be better at my day job

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Maybe
No
FUALKSDFJASLKFJASFJASDLKJ
God no.

I ran really well up until last thursday though, best month ever profit wise.

wheelz
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. play 15k hands at 20/40 full
2. read some of the poker books i bought a while ago and didn't end up reading
3. not care about my results for the month

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i played no poker for 2 and a half weeks this month, so i was short of my 15k at 20/40 full goal. i was well ahead of pace though, and had a decent routine going and didn't struggle to get in playing time, so it was technically still a successful month for me in that regard.

2. no but i did reread some older books so again i was marginally successful.

3. i currently have no idea exactly how well i did this month, so i at least got this one done.

Poldi
10-31-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Play 25k hands.
2. Try out a coach.
3. Beat the 10/20.
4. Check results as few as possible.
5. Focus, focus, focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. played only 17k/25k hands, partly because of the party split and university start
2. Asked but the one I wanted didnt answer after I sent the hands and I ran so hot I didnt care that much for it anyways.
3. ~3BB/100 for the month, I am on my way.
4. Well.. sometimes I just couldnt resist to look at it, I guess its not that bad while running hot anyways.
5. Played my A-game like 90% of the time, I think.

Lurker4
10-31-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. 12 hrs/week
2. stay at 10/20 6m w/frequent shots at 15/30 full/6m and 20/40 full/6m
3. run at least average, so that probably means around $4k-$5k or so
4. play some more LHE MTTs, maybe some NL MTTs as well
5. keep on playing occaisonal NL100, maybe move up to NL200
6. stop procrastinating on homework
7. don't fail my ECE440 exam on monday

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No, averaged 7-8/week
2. Yes, but staying at 10/20 6m until I stop running like crap
3. Def not, probably because I suck
4. No
5. Played some
6. Getting better at this, still can improve here though
7. Did ok

Ran really bad all through October and was -$, staying at 10/20 for awhile until I can retool my aggression (overaggressive in the wrong spots, and too passive in other spots).