PDA

View Full Version : Probably butchered about 80% of the streets

gh9801
09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Villain is kinda weak passive, but not a major donk, something like 25/6/1

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB.

09-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Well FWIW, I'd have folded preflop. The villain has reasonable stats, and against his likely limping range you're unlikely to be a favorite.

I'd bet the flop, but being check-raised on the turn by a weak-passive player, holding TPmehK, I'd fold.

TheHammer24
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well FWIW, I'd have folded preflop. The villain has reasonable stats, and against his likely limping range you're unlikely to be a favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's he limping with? AT? 99? I play the hand the same way at 2/4, 5/10 may be different

gh9801
09-29-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What's he limping with? AT? 99? I play the hand the same way at 2/4, 5/10 may be different

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have anything from suited connectors to a weak suited ace to a low pocket pair, who knows. You wouldn't think about raising river or folding turn?

gh9801
09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the flop, but being check-raised on the turn by a weak-passive player, holding TPmehK, I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm punishing anyone who will openlimp in mid or late position. He probably a worse ace (suited or unsuited), a suited connector, or a small pair. Maybe A9 or AT but I'm beating most of his range (and I'll have lots of FE on the flop against a small pair). Most likely not a big pair. And I have position too.

As for the turn, I'm leaning towards a fold now too. But after I hit a 8 on the river, I'm curious about my play

TheHammer24
09-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I think villian C/R's A8 and worse on the turn and raises AJ+ pf. That leaves a set. Oh well...I think calldown is in line with only oweing two more bets to show down.

sy_or_bust
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Easy preflop raise, and you can fold the turn here.

gh9801
09-29-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think villian C/R's A8 and worse on the turn and raises AJ+ pf. That leaves a set. Oh well...I think calldown is in line with only oweing two more bets to show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do beat Ahxh which picked up a flush draw on the turn, maybe even Jhxh. Or I beat someone who doesn't believe me, which is often.

The pot isn't big though, so that's a good argument for throwing it away I guess

gh9801
09-29-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy preflop raise, and you can fold the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

meep_42
09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I want to raise the river and fold to a 3-bet, as it's quite unlikely that you'll get 3-bet by a worse hand and there are a lot of better hands that will only call -- and some *might* fold. (Range after turn c/r is A2s, A4s, 44, Jx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, (22, Jx, and A worse Ace - very unlikely))

-d
[edit - hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, so Ax/images/graemlins/heart.gif isn't possible]

gh9801
09-29-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to raise the river and fold to a 3-bet, as it's quite unlikely that you'll get 3-bet by a worse hand and there are a lot of better hands that will only call -- and some *might* fold. (Range after turn c/r is A2s, A4s, 44, Jx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, (22, Jx, and A worse Ace - very unlikely))

-d
[edit - hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, so Ax/images/graemlins/heart.gif isn't possible]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed I have the Ace. I guess it is an easy turn fold. As for the river, I don't like putting in two bets on the river and not seeing a showdown...

TheHammer24
09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do beat Ahxh which picked up a flush draw on the turn, maybe even Jhxh. Or I beat someone who doesn't believe me, which is often.

The pot isn't big though, so that's a good argument for throwing it away I guess

[/ QUOTE ]
My god! Why are you looking for lay downs so feverishly. Limit hold 'em is not a game of big laydowns, and consistently making laydowns to save 2 BB's when you are likely at least a split to win 5ish is Bad Poker!

gh9801
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My god! Why are you looking for lay downs so feverishly. Limit hold 'em is not a game of big laydowns, and consistently making laydowns to save 2 BB's when you are likely at least a split to win 5ish is Bad Poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not usually even thinking about laying this down, but the pot's small and some passive guy suddenly wakes up and c/rs me on the turn... of course I'm scared now and I'm not beating much

09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not if he only raises 6% of his hands? Couple that with all the suited connectors and mid to low pocket pairs, Axs and the like, and I dunno, A8o doesn't look that great a hand to me. Its not like he's THAT crazy loose. I guess it also depends on how tight the blinds are.

*shrug* I'd be happy to be corrected.

meep_42
09-29-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed I have the Ace. I guess it is an easy turn fold. As for the river, I don't like putting in two bets on the river and not seeing a showdown...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think needing to see a showdown here is probably a mistake. I give him credit for being able to read the board, and your play could easily be Ax/images/graemlins/heart.gif or Jx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, which would explain the bets/calls thus far -- so when you do get 3-bet by a non-maniac, you're no good here, and shouldn't need to see a showdown. I just think you may be good enough here to put in another bet.

-d

somapopper
09-30-2005, 02:10 AM
are those pt stats over at least 500 hands? He's not that passive and he's not that weak, the somewhat low pfr and aggro numbers could easily be a result of low sample size, and this pot is hu the whole way. I think you're giving villain too little credit for being able to make a move for the pot/ a semi-bluff.

Seems WA/WB to me by the river I think the call is fine.

nervous
09-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Given preflop, definately bet flop.

Definately bet turn. Why would you guys think of folding to the turn checkraise? This is a bit rediculous IMO folding TP in a HU pot. He could be putting the PFR on nothing and checkraising a wide range of hands here. I would personally never fold this turn. 1 AF isn't THAT low...

Why not raise the river? You have 2 pair? I think this guy has AJ, AA, 44, JJ, 22, /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif less than 5% of the time here.