PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Wireless Print Server (cheap)

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
09-29-2005, 06:32 PM
This one was sicky cheap. http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=319751&pfp=SEARCH

Does anyone know where I could find something similar at a decent price? I already got an 802.11g wireless router and would like to set up a print station.

Thanks!

"Your excuses are your own" -- Richard Roma

09-29-2005, 09:38 PM
This doesn't really answer your question, but... if the printer is connected to a pc on your network and you share that printer, as long as you have the computer that the printer is attached to running the computer itself will act as a print server.

Perhaps you have reasons for not running it this way, I don't know. Hope it helped.

P.S. I'd try newegg.com if you haven't already. Good luck.

Nepa
09-29-2005, 10:28 PM
For 20 bucks give it a try. Let us know how it works out.

I would just goto a best buy. They have a few print wireless servers about that range. I have to pick one of them up myself. I want to move my printer downstairs.

Theodore Donald Kiravatsos
09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh, uh, the link says "store pickup only". There are none available in my home state for me to pick up. Also, I believe there are none to be had anywhere, including Amazon, etc....there may be one or two of these on CompUSA's shelves somewhere, but not near me. I would grab one in a minute if I could.

MowrMowr
09-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Jebus that's cheap! The ones in Best Buy / CompUSA usually go for $60-$80 (more for non-USB). I found a $20 no-name brand about a year ago but it didn't work and I ended up throwing it out. I wish that Linksys was in stock!

FWIW, there's a selection of them on Ebay for ~$40 shipped if it's worth the extra $20 to you.