PDA

View Full Version : Tight table

Silverback
09-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Question 1:
Lets say your playing at a tight table, 28vpip 8pfr for example and you dont leave, maybe its a live game, or an online site with not many tables.

What is the strategy for playing at this type game.

Question 2:
Also I stayed at one table because I let it get personal, I had KK, and some non raising fish had AA, he called me all way to river and by then I had KK222 he obviously had AA222 and capped,
Then later hand he limped pre flop, I raised AKo, couple of players called, he reraised, I capped, Ace comes on flop, I cap flop, and then call him down he has AA again.

So I stayed at the table to hopefully get some payback against him, I wasnt going on tilt, but I was staying at the poor table purely because of my beats. What do you do in this situation, easily leave table, even though fish was 48 6 pfr

yanicehand
09-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Is this a bad beat post or a legitimate question? I don't mean to be rude but I really can't tell. The best strategy against TAGs? Playing your A game. Should you leave a table where you don't think you have an edge? Yes. Should you make the game "personal" because you paid off a fish when he had you destroyed the whole way? Probably not. I really don't get the question.

Derek in NYC
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM
A single player who is loose enough can be a good reason to stay at a 6-max table, provided you have good relative position.

Catt
09-29-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I stayed at the table to hopefully get some payback against him, I wasnt going on tilt, but I was staying at the poor table purely because of my beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

The clause in the middle of the sentence (separated by commas) and the beginning and ending of the sentence are mutually exclusive statements.