PDA

View Full Version : Beating your table

09-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I often see posts saying "I haven't gone negative in a session in months" or "I always play untill I have more in my stack than I started with" or something a long those lines.

Now, how is that possible? You can't control what hands you are dealt and if you are like me, you can have nights where you get 5? playable hands in a 3 hour session. This is not uncommon for me. How can I leave the table being positive when I don't get anything to play with? Do you guys bluff once in a while? I just don't get how I can control my winning rate when I don't get any playable hands.

P.S not a whining post about bad beats so don't start....

bernie
09-29-2005, 06:42 PM
You know the way everyone is innocent who's in jail? (shawshank: M Freeman was the only one guilty. Great scene)

Everyone is a winner when they play cards. Just ask them.

Anyone who says the win every session is lying.

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't get how I can control my winning rate when I don't get any playable hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are controlling your win rate(actually, your losing rate) when you fold unplayable hands. Sometimes even hours at a time.

b

09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks, that was all I wanted to know. Thought I played it wrong when folding for hours.

bernie
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, that was all I wanted to know. Thought I played it wrong when folding for hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fun game, isn't it?

Should be sponsored by Tucks medicated pads.

Last thing: Don't let someone who IS playing alot of hands and winning make you think that that is the way to play. Frequently, the one who wins the most pots loses overall.

b

09-30-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Frequently, the one who wins the most pots loses overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one who wins the most pots is involved in most of the pots. You lose most of the pots you play.

09-30-2005, 03:27 PM
So of course that's why most people here multi-table and/or play 6-max. Too damn boring otherwise.

Guthrie
10-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Be careful what you wish for. Last night I had QQ, JJ, and TT in the first two orbits. Every one got sucked out on. Sometimes I welcome unplayable hands just for a break.

Anyone who says they haven't had a negative session in months either: a) is a liar, b) hasn't been playing poker, or c) keeps the same table open 24 hours a day so they never have to say they quit a loser.

10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Had 7 AA's the other day, all lost. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jman220
10-01-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So of course that's why most people here multi-table and/or play 6-max. Too damn boring otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, people here multi-table because they can win more money faster playing four tables at once than playing 1 table at once. If you are playing 4 tables because you crave the action, then that is a red flag.

10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Thought making profits went without saying... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tuben
10-03-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thought making profits went without saying... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play more tables beacuse i am running bad mean get not so much hands then i would open one more table.