PDA

View Full Version : OT: A feat I'm sure nobody has accomplished before

Taraz
09-29-2005, 06:05 PM
It wasn't a home run or a grand slam. It was a triple, and a funky triple at that.

I was three-tabling. One $55, one $22, and one $11 Omaha Hi/Lo. All three 1st place. Quite possibly my best multitabling feat yet. Hooray me.

Speaking of Omaha Hi/lo sngs . . . they are amazing. I wish they were played at higher levels because at least 2/3 of the field has no clue how the game even works. (The low buy-in might be the reason that nobody has a clue though.)

Anybody else play any non-holdem sngs at all?

The4Aces
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM
is there a name for 8 tabling and geting first in all?

jedinite
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Omaha Hi/lo sngs . . . they are amazing. I wish they were played at higher levels because at least 2/3 of the field has no clue how the game even works. (The low buy-in might be the reason that nobody has a clue though.

[/ QUOTE ]In my experience, this is exceedingly true at $6 and $11 hi/lo but not so much above that.

I've got close to a 90% ITM across ~75 $6 hi/lo games (i ocassionally toss one in to my usual rotation as a mental challenge or as a break when i'm running bad/bored) and close to 75% across about as many $11 games. Small sample sizes, i know, but the games are ridiculous. People raising continuously with a draw to the nut low (without any possible high) so they're drawing for half the pot at best, etc...

Biggest problem is they take forever. Biggest advantage is people see almost every flop, so you need to see flops early and get out without great multi-way draws. I'd estimate over 50% of the time at $6 I enter the money with a 5x chiplead on the rest of the field combined, because of getting paid off on massive multi-way draws against weak players who have no idea what they're doing (i.e have top set, drawing to nut low and nut flush and nut boat and getting paid off by someone who's playing for the low only with something weak like two-pair or big PP for high)

Taraz
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's called a Grand Slam, but I could be wrong.

camo1131
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible?

Nicholasp27
09-29-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4-tabling and getting all 1sts is a home run (4 bases)

8-tabling and getting all firsts is the HOLY GRAIL

Taraz
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I've played less than 20 $11's but I'm sure my ITM is above 70%. I don't keep track of them because I use PokerTracker and I'm too lazy to make a spreadsheet, but I think I might start just to see the actual stats.

applejuicekid
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a post where someone called it the "holy grail." I like that. I have never heard of anyone doing this.

bawcerelli
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a pwned slam?

Slim Pickens
09-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm no jediknight I guess, but I donk around with O8 SnG's occasionally. I doubt more than 50% ITM is sustainable long-term even at the 6's just because O8 makes you sit through a large number of hands before hitting you with a huge scoop payout. Perfect for ring games... terrible for SnG's. People suck at the bubble though, and on an entirely new level than people suck at the bubble in NL holdem. HU is even funnier. It's not uncommon to go from a 2:1 chip disadvantage to a 4:1 advantage without ever seeing a showdown.

Where were you playing? My understanding was that O8's only ran at 6, 11, 33, and 55, but you said you were playing a 22.

Taraz
09-29-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Where were you playing? My understanding was that O8's only ran at 6, 11, 33, and 55, but you said you were playing a 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just reread my post and it's really poorly written. I meant NL hold'em for the $55 and the $22 and Omaha8 for the $11. There is no way that I would say that 50% itm is sustainable for the $55 Omaha8's. The $11's are just so bad though. I think 55% would be attainable.

Edit: Well, now that I think about it 55% is really high for any sng. Maybe I'll make it my new goal and see how far I get.

Slim Pickens
09-29-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I meant NL hold'em for the $55 and the $22 and Omaha8 for the $11.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must be one of the people who can walk and chew gum at the same time. Do they run Pot Limit Triple-Draw Lowball Step 5's? Maybe you could throw one of those in too.

55% at the O8 11's... maybe... That's lot like the theoretical question about the max ROI at the NLHE 11's. No one with any shred of sanity will have the patience to find out. Mine's 43.3% over 30 tournaments, and I've won my last 3. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

09-29-2005, 07:52 PM
okay, I want in. But Im a completely nlhe player, if I were to read doyle's supersystem section on O8, would I have enough knowledge to beat the donks at those levels?

Im just wondering because like someone said, it'd be nice to play these once in a while when Im running bad / bored.

Oluwafemi
09-29-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a home run or a grand slam. It was a triple, and a funky triple at that.

I was three-tabling. One $55, one $22, and one $11 Omaha Hi/Lo. All three 1st place. Quite possibly my best multitabling feat yet. Hooray me.

Speaking of Omaha Hi/lo sngs . . . they are amazing. I wish they were played at higher levels because at least 2/3 of the field has no clue how the game even works. (The low buy-in might be the reason that nobody has a clue though.)

Anybody else play any non-holdem sngs at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish PS and Party spread $ No Limit Omaha 8 or better SNGs. i don't like limit O8 no more than i like limit holdem, but i've played hundreds of NL O8 play money SNGs on Stars and i love 'em. they've also made my postflop play in NLH better. i'd probably play $ NL O8 SNGs more the NL SNGs if they were spread.

Ixnert
09-29-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I read a post where someone called it the "holy grail." I like that. I have never heard of anyone doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'm sure Stanzee has, monster of the tables that he is.

Slim Pickens
09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Like everyone, I entered my first O8 11 by mistake. "SH$T!!! Why do I have four cards?! Oh..." I finished second with nothing but bubble strategy and some internet chart of decent starting hands. Had my opponent all-in HU up 4:1 in chips too. Omaha/8 is an interesting game once you start to learn it, but it's not necessary for playing tournaments with fast blinds. Cappeletti's book was OK.

Freudian
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM
I had seven 2nds out of 8 SnGs earlier. Don't think they have a name for that, except shitty HU play.

The Yugoslavian
09-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Stanzee I'm sure has accomplished it already, along with other, greater milestones you mere mortals may only dream of attaining.

I also hear that when he urinates, the finest wine imaginable comes out. Oh to be urinated on by the mighty Stanzee!!! Praise be to his MAGNIFICENCE!

Yugoslav

zambonidrivr
09-29-2005, 09:22 PM
standard