PDA

View Full Version : How is this for Weak Tight (2)

Mikey
05-15-2003, 06:52 PM
I have A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif in the SB and complete. After 2 limpers.
The BB checks his option.

the flop is 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .

It gets checked to the button who bets( a solid regular in the Game that I play).

I call.

The other 2 fold.

Turn is a 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .

I check button bets I call.

River is a 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

I check button bets I call.

Mike Gallo
05-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Ni han sir !!!

Good move /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hhhhmmmm from weak tight to tight aggressive. You must have drank a Red Bull /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Michael

Ulysses
05-15-2003, 07:37 PM
I might have done a lot of things differently.

Depending on the lineup, how I'm feeling, whether or not they're out of bananas for the fruit plate, what cards I think will come out on the flop, whether I had duck or chicken, and a host of other factors, I may or may not raise pre-flop in your situation. One early/mid limper and a button limper. Yeah, I'd probably raise.

Having not raised pre-flop, though, I'd checkraise the flop to increase my chances of taking down the pot. Since I didn't raise, he has to suspect a 4 or 5. I find a flop checkraise and turn bet is enough to take down a lot of pots w/ boards like this.

If I played the flop and turn the way you did, I'd bet the river if I intended to call a bet. I want him to fold if he has pocket deuces or A4.

Ulysses
05-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Are you responding to the right post? In this one he went limp, check-call, check-call, check-call. That's definitely a reasonable way to play this hand, but I wouldn't exactly call it tight-aggressive.

Robk
05-15-2003, 07:39 PM
I can't imagine a "solid regular" bluffing at this tiny pot three times. If I were going to put a move on him I would have called the flop and checkraised or bet the turn, depending on the card and who else called.

Mike Gallo
05-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. This reply should have gone to weak tight 1.

Disregard previous transaction /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif