PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand any of it.

GetThere1Time
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
No reads on the table. I sit because one of my buddies is there though he's not real significant in the hand. The whole hand boggles my mind.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (27.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB

marsvolta619
09-29-2005, 05:58 PM
*mind explodes* With all that money in the pot I don't know if I can fold it, I may just call along. Obviously I want to say this is a set or even a 2-6 straight, but it could well likely be a weirdly played AA/KK

JohnnyHumongous
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
tough fold, considering feasible hands could be button with KK and UTG with 8x

scotty34
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*mind explodes* With all that money in the pot I don't know if I can fold it, I may just call along. Obviously I want to say this is a set or even a 2-6 straight, but it could well likely be a weirdly played AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Or 44 or 66, or even 86 is possible absent reads. You have to let this go somewhere as I'm pretty sure you're way behind with that kind of action. I just can't figure out where, as you are really trapped well. I'm thinking after the turn 3-bet is probably the best plan, but at this point you are praying you still have some outs with this pot.

scotty34
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tough fold, considering feasible hands could be button with KK and UTG with 8x

[/ QUOTE ]

True he said no reads, but I usually credit an unknown to 3-bet KK on the button preflop.

mute
09-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Nice hand, IMO. I'm pretty sure you're beat on the turn, but you still have odds to draw out on 2 pair or an over pair. Once it is two more back to you on the river, I would say some one has a boat 99% of the time, so good fold.

I hope SB &amp; BB are on your buddy list!

thesharpie
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM
UTG looks like some 8x hand to me. A player who stop and goes into a raise and reraise seems capable of playing a lone 8 like this. The button is worriesome but he could easily have an overpair or something like 3 pair. You're getting somewehre between 17 to 1 and 12 to 1, I don't know man.

yanicehand
09-29-2005, 06:34 PM
I really can't see folding vs. idiotic 5/10 players in a 34BB pot for one more bet with trips + top kicker. Especially having put in money on the river already. Given the play on previous streets, I think you suck it up and call here.

obsidian
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
2 more bets actually.

gildwulf
09-29-2005, 06:37 PM
I think you have, like, a 6-8% chance of being good here. Call.

GetThere1Time
09-29-2005, 06:40 PM
The few hands I played before this the button didnt seem like a maniac. The whole table was loose though so I'm not ruling out 84, 86, 75, 53, in these guys hand ranges. I dont think that the button has an overpair when he 3-bet the turn again.

On the turn I thought I was pretty dead but hell everyone called 3 cold so I didnt know whether to s**t or wind my watch. Then I'm just paying off on the river when UTG bets and into all that aggression. After the button raises and UTG still 3-bets I think I have to be beat. Sure one guy has an 8 but what does the other have. Any human would slow down with an overpair by now. I didn't think 3 of a kind was good here even 1 in 16 times.

B Dids
09-29-2005, 06:45 PM
is the button bad enough to have 75? Is UTG?

I'm not sure I like the turn raise. Do you think the button is folding here?

I think you can let go where you did.

mute
09-29-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really can't see folding vs. idiotic 5/10 players in a 34BB pot for one more bet

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not one bet, it's two (and it could get capped).

marsvolta619
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
so instead of getting 35:1 hero's getting 17.5:1. this may be a leak in my game but i feel like a crying call may be +ev in this big of a pot the rare times we see it, especially with top kicker

GetThere1Time
09-29-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is the button bad enough to have 75? Is UTG?

I'm not sure I like the turn raise. Do you think the button is folding here?

I think you can let go where you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table was super loose passive preflop. 4 or more limpers guaranteed in the round I played there. So yes those guys are bad enough to play 75 or 86 or whatever.

As per the turn raise, I had no read on the button and was reasonably certain I was beating UTG. Since my hand was vulnerable (and possibly best) and the pot was big I figured it would be a good chance to try and thin the field and get it heads up with UTG. Too bad I had no idea how loose postflop the table was at the time. My thoughts were that I could shutdown if the button calls or 3-bets the turn, then I said f** it and hit call when the field came along for three cold.

JohnnyHumongous
09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
there are countless people who "slowplay" KK and AA preflop and then jam every subsequent street with it. I remember playing a guy where, on TWO CONSECUTIVE HANDS, he limped or completed the small blind and then capped me on all following streets... first hand I flopped a set, second I flopped nut straight. He had AA both times. this happens enough on Party to make river a call for me.

09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't raise the turn.
I call the river.
Think its +EV for the times UTG has a 8 with lower kicker and the other guy has an overpair.

09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
I think the only questionable plays in this hand are the turn and river. Personally, I like the turn play for the reasons you gave.

I'll be honest and say I would have probably called this river but after some thought I don't think you're good here enough. I see UTG with a full house. I can't get a hand for button unless it's 57s or 4's full. UTG could have a wierdly played 44, 66, 57s, or 8x at the time of your decision (with my guess leaning towards 8x). I think we can probably remove 8x once we see that he three bets the river. IMO he has the boat and this ended up being a good fold.

This is one wierd hand and I think we're all lucky that this specific situation (namely opponent's play with this board) doesn't come up that often.

Lozing

JohnnyHumongous
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
how about results