PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 SB versus BB hand

DMBFan23
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I've seen this happen a lot at 5/10 and now 10/20, what range do you put an unknown on when they do this?

SB open raises, I call with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

flop 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I bet, SB raises, and I immediately consider AA/KK.

brazilio
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
You don't think he'll just wait until the turn or river?

baronzeus
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

Catt
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what range do you put an unknown on when they do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost any 2 cards. Seriously.

scotty34
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I would have to say a Q or a 9 with a reasonably good kicker. AA/KK does not make much sense to me.

DMBFan23
09-29-2005, 07:03 PM
yeah it's been AA/KK a couple times before, but I understand people are a lot more aggro here so I called it down. I rivered a 7 and beat AQ.

@Catt:
do you have an example of this happening to you and it being [censored]? I don't know how I'd filter for that in PT

DMBFan23
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
hahaha I can't believe I hit "quote" to see what you wrote. thanks for your input.

Catt
09-29-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
@Catt:
do you have an example of this happening to you and it being [censored]? I don't know how I'd filter for that in PT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to try and dig through PT to find one, but the answer is yes, on many more than one occassions. A tricky aggro will often take this line when he's been caught stealing redhanded ith nothing. The worst of the bunch will do it again on the turn. Against an unknown (which usually means I just sat down recently) I will often resolve to call down and bet when checked to regardless of the C/R's on relatively innocuous boards when I flop a pair. It serves a bunch of purposes: (1) I may be good; (2) I may draw out when behind; (3) I make it pretty clear I am unruffled by the aggression; and (4) I make him think twice about indiscriminantly stealing my BB from the SB. You look pretty foolish when he shows an overpair or flopped trips or something (but you can use the foolishness to your advantage too), but you look like a bad mofo (and maybe a foolish bad mofo) when he folds on the river or check-calls his A7o.

DMBFan23
09-29-2005, 07:21 PM
ok, thx. I agree with your assessment of the merits of calling down, which I did. the river 7 was just gravy. I was just wondering as this line is fairly uncommon, and the limit is still fairly new, so blah.