PDA

View Full Version : WA/WB hand

jt1
09-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm still uncomfortable calling down KK when an Ace hits but overtime I'm learning that the experts on this forum are indeed right. Here's a hand, however, that I folded.

Am I wrong or is there no way that I can be good here 1/5?

PP 1/2 6 max. Both players are unknown

MP limps
Hero in SB raises red Kings
BB calls
MP calls

5 sb (A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Hero bets
BB raises
MP calls
Hero folds

1)I don't have a backdoor draw and there are no flush draws on the board. 2) The pot is only giving me a bit less than 5-1 to call down. 3) I'll catch 1/11 and the other guys, if I'm ahead, will catch as often if not more than that. 4) I'm OOP so I risk loosing bets whether I'm ahead or I catch. 5) 5-1 odds doesn't include rake 6) I risk loosing the pot to the unknown player in the BB if I lead the river UI and get raised with a busted straight draw.

So I think I do need to be good here, probably, 25% of the time to just break even. Am I?

luckyharr
09-29-2005, 05:18 PM
With the extra caller in the hand, this is an easy fold. It's quite a parlay you have to hit that neither of them has an ace and neither of their possible draws gets there by the river.

As a side note, calling down with TT-KK when an ace hits should be completely read dependent and not a default play.

gildwulf
09-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Unless MP is a super calling post this is a good fold.

Redd
09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless MP is a super calling post this is a good fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypothetically, what would you do if MP1 is like 70/2 with 70 WTSD?