PDA

View Full Version : Audiobooks

RacersEdge
09-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I downloaded one to my ipod, and I love it. I could listen to a whole book in a week as I am just walking around and driving to and from lunch/work. I don't read as much as I want - this could be a huge plus.

ddubois
09-29-2005, 05:56 PM
My first download (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3418832&page=2&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) is Howard Zinn's 'A People's History of the United States', which I've been listening to on my commute the last few days. So far the experience is a big win. The book's not amazing or anything, but it's much more interesting than listening to crap radio. Part of me actually looks forward to my drive home now. The best thing about this is that I no longer feel enticed to stay at work longer (7-8pm) just to avoid some of the traffic I'll likely encounter if I left at a more normal time (6pm); i.e. I'm eating a 15 minute longer drive time, but I'm semi-enjoying my time in the car instead of dreading it.

ddubois
09-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I shoudl add that I'm fairly dissapointed with audible.com's selection. If you can recommend means of acquiring audiobooks off torrent or whatever, I would be happy to hear about it. I tried downloading two different instances of 'Think and Grow Rich' off e-donkey, but after several days both downloads are stuck on single-digit completion percentages.

RacersEdge
09-29-2005, 06:20 PM
I haven't tried any dl means besides regular pay. I dl'ed Freakonomics from itunes and so far it rocks.