PDA

View Full Version : Food that's "good" for you that doesn't suck

LetYouDown
09-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Any suggestions? I'm trying to change my diet. I eat way too much fast food. I almost never eat anything sweet, so I guess that's a bonus. I'm really not a vegetable guy, and I typically like things bland. I drink way too much coke/pepsi. I'm not overweight at all, about 6'1", 185. I just feel like crap constantly and I'm convinced it has at least something to do with my diet.

dtbog
09-29-2005, 03:33 PM
http://www.toolweb.com/pics/ISNSLIMJIM.jpg

pack a day, keeps the doctor away

STLantny
09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
nuts, chicken, white fish, bland and not too bad, all healthy.

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
fruit
cereal

namknils
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I drink way too much coke/pepsi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct this and you'll start feeling a whole lot better. Start drinking water instead, and plenty of it.

jakethebake
09-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Despite popular opinion, red meat is not bad for you.

theben
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
185 for you is small. eat more!

try whole wheat rosemary flavored triscuits. try lean cuisine glazed chicken froxen dinners. try toasted turkey subs

djoyce003
09-29-2005, 03:39 PM
just eat some fresh fruits and vegetables and chicken/fish/lean beef. Also Edamame (soybeans) are very good if you've ever had them at a sushi restaurant and are extremely healthy. Just steam them and put a little salt on them. I buy them still in the shell and eat them that way..but you can buy them peeled as well. You just kind of pop them out of the husk into your mouth.

STLantny
[ QUOTE ]
185 for you is small. eat more!

try whole wheat rosemary flavored triscuits. try lean cuisine glazed chicken froxen dinners. try toasted turkey subs

[/ QUOTE ]

None fo those foods are healthy.

MrTrik
Oatmeal for breakfast.

Try some different cheeses, there are plenty of tasty ones out there.

LetYouDown
09-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, 185 is a little light for me. Lately there have been 24 hour periods where I eat nothing and I am not hungry at all. I rarely have any strong desire to eat food, it's a matter of whatever's convenient when my stomach finally screams at me.

Tron
09-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Raw baby carrots with various dips, my favorite is natural peanut butter.

Paluka
09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True in moderation, but none is better for you than too much.

daryn
09-29-2005, 04:07 PM
stop smoking first

LetYouDown
09-29-2005, 04:09 PM
LOL, either you have a good memory, a strong sixth sense or I forgot that I mentioned this somewhere in my post.

4_2_it
09-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Try smoothies if you have an aversion to fruits and veggies. I got rid of caffine 5 years ago (it was tough for the first 3 or 4 months) and haven't woke up tired since.

FYI - Jack LaLanne (in his 90's and the guy looks 55) has a great quote about his diet, "If man made it, don't eat it."

irishpint
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
beef jerky, diet cherry coke, eggggggs

daryn
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, either you have a good memory, a strong sixth sense or I forgot that I mentioned this somewhere in my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, my memory is no less than excellent, but i just read your profile this time

09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Cut the soft drinks out. Generally limit your sugar. Switch to flavored seltzer if you find plain water too bland.

dried fruits and nuts are good for you and taste good.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True in moderation, but none is better for you than too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

duh, of course it is if you define "too much" as "worse for you than none."

youtalkfunny
09-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I opened this thread excitedly....

...but after reading it, I now would rather just stay fat.

[ QUOTE ]
FYI - Jack LaLanne (in his 90's and the guy looks 55)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see what the 55-year-olds look like in your town.

Jack was a beast in his day--hell, he was a beast in his 70's--but it's long past time to stop comparing him to 55-year-olds.

john smith
09-30-2005, 02:24 AM
I definitely recommend you replace all that soda with water.

SoCalRugger
09-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Cut out the pop completely, and replace it with at least a gallon of water a day. If you just did that and nothing else, you'd start to notice a difference. 2nd step would be to start phasing out fast food.

Egg whites are healthy, a good source of protein, and you can add a lot of different stuff depending on what you like to make scrambled eggs or omelettes. Pretty quick to make too.

Oatmeal with cinammon and Splenda is also a pretty healthy and good-tasting option.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take too much to cook chicken so it's not bland.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 03:37 AM
As someone who is a lifelong soda addict, and periodically comes off it and feels the difference, I'd be surprised if the coke didn't have something to do with it. All that caffeine and sugar do some serious messing with your system, even if you can't feel it right away.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to Dr. Jake. He's an OOT/gyn.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oatmeal for breakfast.

Try some different cheeses, there are plenty of tasty ones out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheese is one of the worst things for you.

Sure does taste good though.

But if you're gonna call cheese healthy, I'm going to start looking where dogsh*t is on the food pyramid.

Blarg
09-30-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I opened this thread excitedly....

...but after reading it, I now would rather just stay fat.

[ QUOTE ]
FYI - Jack LaLanne (in his 90's and the guy looks 55)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see what the 55-year-olds look like in your town.

Jack was a beast in his day--hell, he was a beast in his 70's--but it's long past time to stop comparing him to 55-year-olds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I've always admired the hell ouf ot Jack and still do, but now he does look like The Little Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe.

MyTurn2Raise
09-30-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take too much to cook chicken so it's not bland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different chicken seasonings are all over. Serve it with different sauces over wild rice and vegies. Tastes great.

I'm into jambalaya recipes using healthier/leaner meats these days and more wild/brown rice than white rice.

ChipWrecked
09-30-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to Dr. Jake. He's an OOT/gyn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.