PDA

View Full Version : Skipping class right now

WackityWhiz
09-29-2005, 01:46 PM
No real reason, I just didn't feel like going. This is the 4th class of the year that I've skipped. How about you guys?

kschellenger
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No real reason, I just didn't feel like going. This is the 4th class of the year that I've skipped. How about you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Throughout college, I didnt go to more than 60% of my classes if that. I went to a few less than four times for the year. I was a big believer in not learning.

Sephus
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
i skipped maybe my 10th today. i've been good this semester.

MINETZ
09-29-2005, 01:51 PM
im a lowely freshemen that is scared of bad grades, ive only skipped 2 so far(both a a big lecture, prolly 500 students were all she does is go over notes that are posted on the internet).

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-29-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to finish work for my class at 4 and I just didn't feel like going. This is the 4th class of the year that I've skipped. How about you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
09-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I hate you.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I actually haven't missed a class all year. This becomes easier when you have small (< 15 people) seminar classes, instead of 500 person lecture. It also helps to take classes that you are interested in, something I'm doing for really the first time this semester.

and i'm a senior... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im a lowely freshemen that is scared of bad grades, ive only skipped 2 so far(both a a big lecture, prolly 500 students were all she does is go over notes that are posted on the internet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did this when I was a freshman too. If I could go back, I would skip a lot more and get probably the same grades.

-Craig

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-29-2005, 01:54 PM
I didn't skip class when I was in school. This allowed me to skip the more annoying and time consuming homework. Give up small edges if it gives you a larger edge later.

DangerGoodson
09-29-2005, 01:56 PM
For the last three semesters I have only had class on tuesday and thursday...and still manage to skip 50% of them...

Somehow I still have a 3.3 GPA and I'm on track to graduate in 4 years with 2 degrees.

IndieMatty
09-29-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't skip class when I was in school. This allowed me to skip the more annoying and time consuming homework. Give up small edges if it gives you a larger edge later.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, homework he says, you know you could usually just find someone to do it first and just copy right?

SoloAJ
I'm leaving for class #2 of the day in an hour. I've skipped once all year so far. As stated though, it's easier when your classes get a lot smaller and more interesting. I don't have more than 20 in any of my classes (I'm a junior...)

MINETZ
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did this when I was a freshman too. If I could go back, I would skip a lot more and get probably the same grades.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be a bad influience craigory

phil_ivey_fan
09-29-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually haven't missed a class all year. This becomes easier when you have small (< 15 people) seminar classes, instead of 500 person lecture. It also helps to take classes that you are interested in, something I'm doing for really the first time this semester.

and i'm a senior... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i completely agree. I've missed maybe 8 classes thus far...all in this humanities that I'm taking pass fail. I hate it so I never go. however I go to my other classes even if I'm hungover becasue I am actually interested in them. I'm graduating this semester (as long as I pass this humanities)

jakethebake
09-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes. Me too.

WackityWhiz
09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice... what class jake? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FouTight
09-29-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, and the justifications start already...

you'll be blown classes like crazy soon, till you are a 5th year senior!

MINETZ
09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
i also forgot to mention that i dropped my only hard class(Calc 3) which was 1 of 2 major specific classes ( actuarial science). So i went from 17 hours to 12, much less time in class= less reason to skip em.

irishpint
09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
ive skipped 2, missed 4 when visiting my girlfriend and am about to miss rock climbing today.

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
rock climbing as a class? [censored]...

irishpint
09-29-2005, 02:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
For the last three semesters I have only had class on tuesday and thursday...and still manage to skip 50% of them...

Somehow I still have a 3.3 GPA and I'm on track to graduate in 4 years with 2 degrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

must be a business major. us biology/chem 2 degree kids get the shaft.

MINETZ
09-29-2005, 02:09 PM
how much credit do you get for rock climbing, i plan to try to get some joke classes as i dont need that many specific classes to graduarte, so ill need to take classes just for the hours. Is the class like youd expect it to be, u just go in and rock climb.

Aces McGee
09-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I have this recurring dream where I keep forgetting to go to this one class.

The weird thing is that I graduated school more than three years ago.

-McGee

WackityWhiz
09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have this recurring dream where I keep forgetting to go to this one class.

The weird thing is that I graduated school more than three years ago.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, I have this dream too. Where I'll walk into class like 3 months in and try to play it off like nothing is wrong.

ghostface
09-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Read location. Taking this semester off after a really rough start.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-29-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, homework he says, you know you could usually just find someone to do it first and just copy right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just didn't do it.

mslif
09-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I never skipped classes during my undergrad years. I was on an academic scholarship and did not want to blow it. Most of my classes were in the morning too! That [censored] sucked.

jakethebake
09-29-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice... what class jake? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are implying I've got no class? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ChipWrecked
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my system as well. But I don't see how a rocketing scientist could get away with this. You must be a freaking genius.

theben
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
there have been certain regular classes that i've attended 4 times or less all year . . .

in fact, one class i went only to the tests and 1, maybe 2 lectures all year

theben
09-29-2005, 03:10 PM
one of my friends took: honors calc-2, differential equations, and gen chem1 and lab and easily skipped 50 classes during his first semester. in fact, he frequently took weeks off at a time and definetly went to less than 1/2 his classes. made a 4.0 too

Brainwalter
09-29-2005, 03:14 PM
The one day I went class was canceled.

mmbt0ne
09-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I take 10 classes a week, 2 every day. I've probably skipped ~20 classes so far, and this is the 6th week of class I believe.

phage
09-29-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never skipped classes during my undergrad years. I was on an academic scholarship and did not want to blow it. Most of my classes were in the morning too! That [censored] sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the same situation...Classes all morning, labs in the afternoon.

mmmmmbrother
09-29-2005, 03:46 PM
it doesnt matter how many you skip, if you can afford to skip them. my computing science course this year is hideous and all the proff does is read of the powerpoint, which is posted online before class.

the only thing thats happened from me missing class is that i handed an assignment in early because i didnt know the due date was moved, but it turns out if you hand it in for the old due date you get 25% bonus.

class is for morans

jason_t
09-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I taught my first class of the quarter this morning. All of students attended.

I'll skip my first class of the quarter sometime within the first two weeks of class.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but professors tend me kinder, gentler and more heplful to the students that attend class.

istewart
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
jason, my advice to you is to take an English class this semester. Clearly you're lacking some basic skills.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Only two hours of sleep last night. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

peterchi
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never skipped classes during my undergrad years. I was on an academic scholarship and did not want to blow it.

[/ QUOTE ]
yah me too, after a rough start.

1st semester of freshman year at Michigan, I skipped class all the time. Almost every day. Sometimes I'd have a full day go by before realizing that I didn't go to any class at all. I got a 3.13 GPA for the semester.

I needed to maintain a 3.6 to keep my scholarship.

2nd semester, I went to all my classes; didn't skip a single one. Got a 4.0, to average out to a 3.61 for the year.

Being results-oriented, I didn't skip another class for the next 3 years.

IronDragon1
09-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Undergrads do the darndest things.....